Godskitchen Global Gathering 2003

o god - keep me outta this one ;)

have u two ever met before then?
if so,was there ne fisty cuffs? hehe

misslucy said:
have u two ever met before then?
if so,was there ne fisty cuffs? hehe

Please Lucy, I've got better things to do than hang around with 14 year old gimps like Rob :p :lol: ;) He won't leave me alone tho, always harrassing me etc, he even booked a holiday in September at same time as me so he could see me :eek: :p :lol: ;)

i bet your get along like a house on fire what with the sun,sangria and shiny,happy atmosphere ;)

so everyone getting excited whos going???
only 3 days to go! its supposed to be raining :rolleyes:
but its not gunna ruin it for me :D

ive been checking the weather all week and it looked like rain in the midlands, just checked today tho and saturday looks dry with some sun :D

the rain has moved til sunday..

cant wait now, I drive up friday after work :lol:

I think its my fault its gonna rain! :oops:

Every event I've been to for the last few years (GCSSS, Cream F etc) has been muddy!
This is my first time to GKGG, and guess what, it's gonna be muddy!

Oops! ;)

Might take a load of black bags and sell them ;)

yeah but it's in tents so we won't get wet, besides the sweat anyway.

I'm off to Notts beforehand, any idea of a good friday night pub/club?

one day left and every weather forcast is predicting something different.

Lets hope it's rains enough today and the grounds drys up over night

Review

Bloody good that were, absoloutely knackered now though.
Judge and Ferry Ruled big-time.

Pity it pissed down, muddy as hell.

Did everyone enjoy it!

I cant begin to say how good godskitchen was. I was really worried that if it rained it was spoil the event but I was far from wrong.

We arrived in Stratford Friday afternoon and stayed the whole weekend in a cabin, so getting to the event Saturday morining was no problem at all, it took 5 minutes in a cab and we missed out all traffic.

In past festivals I spent all night in one arena, but this year we was everywhere. We see Richie Hawtin, Carl Cox and Michael De Hay in the techno arena, Morilleo and James Algate in the Funky tent. I only happened to see Algate while waiting for Morilleo to turn up, as it turned out he played a by far better set.

In the main room we see Fregie, and I must admit his knew style of funky techno is amaziing. Also John OO Flemming and Tall Paul, also think I see Tiesto, but cant confirm that.

Done loads of d&b sets in the helter skelter arena, and in the gallery we done sister Bliss and John Kelly.

I really wanted to see Lawler but didn’t get around to it.

Was by best weekend in a long time, just have to wait 3 ½ weeks until Ibiza

Monday we spend in stratford town, buying essentials like cd’s for the drive home, and 5htp. Ended up with the underwater cd, the one with the rubber case witg water in it, and it made the drive home a good one.

If anymore memory comes back ill let you know.

Oh and Richie Hawtin was amazing, his music is the most danceable ever. For his set the tent wasn’t that bussy, but I honestly think that techno heads just get fixated and dance where as other tents are about amosphere aswell as music, don’t get me wrong I loved arms in the air more that anything, I just techno is real underground dance music.

One last thing, after all the good tunes I heard, and seeing 35 thousand people, how can people comment on the scene dying????

Back