GO SEE Jazzy M !!!!!

Dublin Born

I saw Jazzy M gigging for the first time in Thompsons Garage in Belfast last Sunday 28th Dec. Two words "Funking awesome" . From the moment he came on he lifted the athmosphere with excellent House beats all night long. I have been to Thompsons many times before but this was the first time that the club asked the crowd to " Give it up for the DJ" . Not that the crowd needed any encouragement to applaud.

On top of rocking the roof off all night he is a true Gentleman and loves his House music.

Make it a new years resolution coz you will have an excellent night with the Jazz man.

I see him all the time @ Ministry and he played midnight set at The Cross for NYE and I don't think you can fault him, he gets slated a lot but he's never ever let me down. He played an 8 hour set @ Ministry a few months back and not many DJs would keep me dancing for 8 hours but he did :D

One of our best moments ever in Pacha was when Jazzy dropped his "Jazzin All the Way" tune - the good mix ;)

:p

Barbie said:
I see him all the time @ Ministry and he played midnight set at The Cross for NYE and I don't think you can fault him, he gets slated a lot but he's never ever let me down. He played an 8 hour set @ Ministry a few months back and not many DJs would keep me dancing for 8 hours but he did :D

Barb,

how can i find out his gig schedule. Me and some friends hope to get over to london in feb/march for a footy game and hit the town on the sat night. I'd love to catch him playing. Does he ever play at Fabric ?, i heard the sound system there is amazing

Your best bet to get news of Jazzy's gigs is to listen to his radio show on Ministry of Sound radio, every Thursday 2-6pm. Its a great show and he runs down where he's playing that weekend.

You won't find him playing at Fabric, but he is playing at Ministry of Sound quite a lot in the new year (I think he's there on 27th Jan) and is also going to be putting on a couple of his own oh-zone nights in the Ministry bar.

I was also at the Cross and Jazzy's midnight set was superb. For me, he is up there with the greats. Eric Morillo listens to his radio show and is rumoured to be making a guest appearance early this year (hopefully he can redeem himself in Barbies eyes!!!!)

The radio show can be picked up online through the Ministry of Sound website or through digital radio. Jazzy does have a MSN forum but it is not updated too regularly and the radio show is your best bet. He is going to be playing in both Northern and Southern Ireland a lot more and I know he has been rebooked to play at Lush (??) in Port Rush (??). I'll try and get some firmer dates for you for the next couple of months anyway.

Dublin Born said:
Barb,

how can i find out his gig schedule. Me and some friends hope to get over to london in feb/march for a footy game and hit the town on the sat night. I'd love to catch him playing. Does he ever play at Fabric ?, i heard the sound system there is amazing

He tends to play Ministry at least once, sometimes twice a month. I would check Ministry website for listings.

BBS said:
You won't find him playing at Fabric, but he is playing at Ministry of Sound quite a lot in the new year (I think he's there on 27th Jan) and is also going to be putting on a couple of his own oh-zone nights in the Ministry bar.

24 Jan is the first one this year where I'll prob be for a little birthday bash :D

Jazzy is one of the best - great to hear someone else really enjoying him. Nice bloke too - BBS and I got some good pics of him playing on NYE - he was really enjoying himself.

Babs, will most probably be in attendance on 24th Jan as it's Ben's birthday the following week ;)

DrewUK said:
One of our best moments ever in Pacha was when Jazzy dropped his "Jazzin All the Way" tune - the good mix ;)

:p

Ha ha! Drew, I remember the original by Change first time round - wicked tune - would say it's nearly 20 years old! Btw - happy new year to you, Ange & Paul 8)

I have never been to Ministry. I know the club is a wee legend and all that but how good is it these days and whats the crowd like.

How many people would you expect on a night like the 24th.

Totally agree about Jazzy being a nice guy. Me and my mate had a good chat with him before the gig at Thompsons. i think he thought i was a bit mad but he knew i had great time. It really was a great set

Barbie said:
BBS said:

24 Jan is the first one this year where I'll prob be for a little birthday bash :D

Do you mind a few Irish gatecrashers :D

Barbie said:
Kang said:
Babs, will most probably be in attendance on 24th Jan as it's Ben's birthday the following week ;)

Fab, it would be rude not to have a birthday drink with yous :D :D :D

Without a doubt and maybe a decent chatette :lol:

Dublin Born - come along, the more the merrier ;)

Dublin Born said:
I have never been to Ministry. I know the club is a wee legend and all that but how good is it these days and whats the crowd like.

How many people would you expect on a night like the 24th.

Totally agree about Jazzy being a nice guy. Me and my mate had a good chat with him before the gig at Thompsons. i think he thought i was a bit mad but he knew i had great time. It really was a great set

I spend more time than in good for my health and well-being in Ministry :eek: :lol: About 3 years I went off the place cos it was getting overrun with tourists but now they all tend to go to Fabric and the crowd is generally really good. You get the odd tit who has probably got a Ministry Best of Trance Compilation and come along but they are few and far between. I had some friends come down from Newcastle in November for Louie and they are well travelled when it comes to clubs and they said it was probably the best club they have been to in this country.

The Box is still unbelievable, the sound system has to be heard to be believed and the Bar is a nice alternative.

Back