Global - Is it really worth it?

mambobirdette

Im debating whether to go or not :confused:, it's my friends 30th and everything is pointing to the full weekend as you get free camping, but then that means 2 days off work which i cant really afford to do due to allowance.

Endless que's to get in :confused:
Toilet situation :confused:
Dodgy line-up on Sat :confused:

I just dont know. Anyone else going?

Neither line-up looks particularly great in my opinon, but saturday wins it for me but only because of Orbital, Carl Cox, Locodice and Danny Howells.

Neither line-up looks particularly great in my opinon, but saturday wins it for me but only because of Orbital, Carl Cox, Locodice and Danny Howells.

Hmm, as well as on Saturday, you've got Prydz & Zabiella, however the friday there's Dubfire, FLeG, Erol Alkan, Josh Gabriel , then the TK arena looks hot with Axwell joining MK D Ramirez Spoon & Co!
Very tempting!

Im debating whether to go or not :confused:, it's my friends 30th and everything is pointing to the full weekend as you get free camping, but then that means 2 days off work which i cant really afford to do due to allowance.

I've had some brilliant times at Global, but the camping is pretty horrendous. There didn't seem to be any toilets at all near our bit of the site. The New Inn used to be a good option as it's nice and close to the site, but last time I stayed there it was a bit of a rip off (the owner said something about making hay while the sun shines).

the words tent/camping put me off straight away.... :lol::lol::lol:

burberry_cap_2.jpg

I've had some brilliant times at Global, but the camping is pretty horrendous. There didn't seem to be any toilets at all near our bit of the site. The New Inn used to be a good option as it's nice and close to the site, but last time I stayed there it was a bit of a rip off (the owner said something about making hay while the sun shines).

Like Miss G says, if you're with the right group of people it can be a fantastic weekend. The toilet situation inside the festival is not too bad, obviously the queues are at their worst the first few hours of opening (when everyone has been downing beer in the sun!) but after that it kind of lessens for the rest of the day.

Getting in is the hardest part, we queued for about 3hrs in the blazing heat one year. Organisation is not GG's strong point. If you do go I'd advise maybe heading in a bit later so as to avoid the crowds.

Also - check the weather forcast before buying a ticket!! A couple of years ago (when the whole of the Midlands flooded) the whole festival was a total washout - think 50,000 people knee deep in mud and the majority of them off their faces. NO places to sit down, wet clothes, cold feet. I'm still traumatised by it now - and I'm quite a low maintenance girly :eek: :lol:

There will be tickets available right up until the day so my advice would be to wait and see what the weather is like, then maybe book yourself into a hotel in Stratford Upon Avon to save yourself from the camping situation. You might have to wait about an hour for a taxi but believe me it's better than camping with a load of 17yr old pill heads around you (God I sound so old lol :spank:)

Also - check the weather forcast before buying a ticket!! A couple of years ago (when the whole of the Midlands flooded) the whole festival was a total washout - think 50,000 people knee deep in mud and the majority of them off their faces. NO places to sit down, wet clothes, cold feet. I'm still traumatised by it now - and I'm quite a low maintenance girly :eek: :lol:

There will be tickets available right up until the day so my advice would be to wait and see what the weather is like, then maybe book yourself into a hotel in Stratford Upon Avon to save yourself from the camping situation. You might have to wait about an hour for a taxi but believe me it's better than camping with a load of 17yr old pill heads around you (God I sound so old lol :spank:)

Ugh, it was horrible that year. Walking back to the inn coz I didn't want to wait in the cold for a taxi was a BIG mistake, was actually a personal low point and put me off Global and possibly clubbing itself for life. :lol:

I rented a little house in Stratford one year with a group of friends and that was lovely - we had a little garden with a barbecue and stuff. Although the personal low point that year was hitching a lift back to Stratford in the back of a white van with the scariest most off their face chavs ever.

Ugh, it was horrible that year. Walking back to the inn coz I didn't want to wait in the cold for a taxi was a BIG mistake, was actually a personal low point and put me off Global and possibly clubbing itself for life. :lol:

I just remember standing up the whole day (probably about 16hrs in total) in the cold, wet mud, with numb feet, willing myself to try and dance. And no matter what I done (drink/drugs/food/positive mental attitude :lol:) NOTHING would make it any better.

I'm going I think. Will be the weekend after I get back from Ibiza and, fingers crossed, I'll be camping with a group of about 10-15 people, so should be good. And will be my first Global after two Creamfields on the bounce.

The mud was pretty bad at Creamfields last year and, after a week of sun that cracks the flags in Ibiza, squelching around in my wellies might be a nice change. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

I had the bright idea to travel from los angeles to europe for a month, and this party was midway through my trip. I got the "VIP" podpad, thinking it'd help, but, ahem ... not so much.

I'd already been in 3 countries for almost three weeks at that point, so sloshing through the mud in my brand new £50.00 wellies was not my idea of fun!

Finally landed in ibiza the day after, so it turned out ok =) hehe

I should say though ... the bedrock arena on sat + orbital looks pretty damn good ... can't rain BOTH time I go right? haha =)

I would defo be going but offshore at the time :cry:. I suggest u go and expeirence the sounds of Richie Hawtin and co in the m-nus area :D

The mud was pretty bad at Creamfields last year and, after a week of sun that cracks the flags in Ibiza, squelching around in my wellies might be a nice change. :lol:[/QUOTE]

The mud was ridiculous at Creamfields, wasn't the easiest land to walk back to your tent completley spangled! Has to be Creamfields again this year though!

The mud was ridiculous at Creamfields, wasn't the easiest land to walk back to your tent completley spangled! Has to be Creamfields again this year though!

Can't say I am particularly impressed with the Creamfields line up this year. I think the Global one looks much better. But, tbh, I'm plumping for Global this year mainly for a change. I could end up going to both in the end though. You never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Global last year was amazing, was lucky enough to get perfect weather in what was a ****ty summer and the atmosphere was great. Having said that on the first night camping had the misfortune of being near some Irish chavs (nothing against them being Irish, aside from the distinctive accent that becomes kinda grating by 8AM) with a penchant for grimey industrial Hard House.. Now I actually quite like Hard House but that **** was terrible! Aside from the was an awesome weekend though and I would love to go back. Am still deciding though as most of my friends want to go to Glade (£100 with a student card and 3 days as opposed to 2) so might do that instead.

Well they have gone and bought a ticket for Saturday and she is going to drive there and back, im a bit :confused: about this, i dont want to risk my life to be honest.

I'm going to take the advice about not booking tickets until the last minute 8)

Back