Global - Is it really worth it?

guess it depends on what you want from a festie

the idea of 48 hours of BOSH BOSH ANTHEMS whilst surrounded by nutted 18 year olds brings me out in a cold sweat

the most interesting UK ones for people aged 25-40 imo are bloom, glade, bestival, big chill and the newest one beachdown

it involves a bit of research though - you just need to find the one that best caters for your music and demographic and the rest falls into place...

Global has Carl Cox , Nic Fanciulli and Loco Dice on Sat this year I am definitely going for the Sat .. last year freaked me right out thought I saw a dead body, music wasn't amazing tbh didnt have the best time in the world I wouldnt let it eat into my Ibiza funds if you know what I mean and wouldn't go without a large group of friends the dregs of the UK are lurking amongst the good party people, having said that had a good time so hoping for a better one this year 8)

Global has Carl Cox , Nic Fanciulli and Loco Dice on Sat this year I am definitely going for the Sat .. last year freaked me right out thought I saw a dead body, music wasn't amazing tbh didnt have the best time in the world I wouldnt let it eat into my Ibiza funds if you know what I mean and wouldn't go without a large group of friends the dregs of the UK are lurking amongst the good party people

having said that had a good time so hoping for a better one this year 8)

Absolutely amazing :lol:

Saw a 30 min programme (advert) on Channel4 from Global 08 on monday and we're now considering going on the saturday 8)

Hey, guys. Gotta a bit of a question about Global... I've posted this on the Global Gathering forum but i'm not sure i'm gonna get a reply any time soon, so thought I'd try here as well....

I'll be travelling down to Global with 2 other mates from home, and the plan was to meet up and camp with a group of my Uni mates and a group of my mates' Uni mates. Problem is now my Uni mates are going V.I.P. and me and my other mate from home are keen to join them and go V.I.P. ourselves. And, it seems quite likely that, if my mates' Uni mates can't afford V.I.P., my other mate will go with a normal ticket and camp separately with his own Uni mates. Which wouldn't be a massive problem, we can meet them in the arena.

But, the question is, what is the situation with the priority parking if the person driving the car has a normal ticket but 2 passengers have V.I.P. tickets? Will we be able to use the priority parking on the V.I.P. tickets or not? And can normal ticketers get access to the standard campsite from the V.I.P. priority parking and vise versa?

Anyone have any idea?

Weeeellll u could pretend that the driver is the holder of the VIP ticket 8) therefore he will be allowed to park his car in the vip area..

Weeeellll u could pretend that the driver is the holder of the VIP ticket 8) therefore he will be allowed to park his car in the vip area..

I suppose we could try that on... But where and how do they check tickets between car parks and campsites? Can a standard ticket holder just freely waltz from the VIP parking to the standard campsite queue unchecked and vise versa?

Back