Glasto - one week today!!!

so will Jay-z be 'donning' someone else's bodily fluids very soon? :lol::lol::lol:

I'm with Noel on this one I think, each to their own of course However, Just seen that plank Westwood interviewing him (for real) which has only compounded my feelings!

I thought Amy was outstanding by the way!

I thought - from the telly - that Jay Z was class, i'm eating wedges of humble pie. None of the winging r&b rubbish ala usher, more about power, dynamism - proper entertainment. V impressed.

Although it's radiohead in Manchester tonight - now thats proper music.

Yes - Winehouse was tops & great lungs for an empthyseema (sic) sufferer!

Yeah I reckon Jay-Z was amazing to be honest. Thought Whinehouse was a total mess!

Last edited by a moderator:
Winehouse was a mess as I thought she was at the Nelson Mandela thing but just my opinion...

Dont like Jay Z and didnt really think much of his set...did anyone see him on Jonathan Ross on Friday? I couldnt work out if he was funny and playing along or if he geniunely doesnt have a sense of humour?????
Not sure about him...saw the awful interview with Westwood though, could he get anymore up Jay Zs backside??? Loved the bit where Westwood said he met Jay Z years ago at Notting Hill Carnival to which Jay Z looked rather vacant....:lol:

Loved Hot Chip and their collaboration with Wiley.

Gutted I missed Kings of Leon.

I watched Jay-Z out of curiousity and I can honestly say I didn't know a single one of his songs beforehand and I'm still none the wiser now :?:lol:

I thought - from the telly - that Jay Z was class, i'm eating wedges of humble pie. None of the winging r&b rubbish ala usher, more about power, dynamism - proper entertainment. V impressed.
I've read some good reviews... especially like how he stuck a finger up at Oasis by starting out with Wonderwall. :lol:

Still, if I were there, I probably wouldn't have stuck around for the performance...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaands Touching Hands...... Reaching Out..... Touching me.... Touching you.... Sweet Caroline "wap wap wap".... good times never seemed so good....

Who saw Neil Diamond? that really was a good glasto moment seeing the crowd swaying singing that 8)

I watched Jay-Z out of curiousity and I can honestly say I didn't know a single one of his songs beforehand and I'm still none the wiser now :?:lol:
Don't think you're alone in that either! :lol: I remain blissfully ignorant as to why anyone would like his 'dope' sounds. Thought he was a tosser on Jonathan Ross too!

Don't think you're alone in that either! :lol: I remain blissfully ignorant as to why anyone would like his 'dope' sounds. Thought he was a tosser on Jonathan Ross too!

He was odd on Jonathan Ross, like I said before couldnt work out if he was genuine or not.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaands Touching Hands...... Reaching Out..... Touching me.... Touching you.... Sweet Caroline "wap wap wap".... good times never seemed so good....

Who saw Neil Diamond? that really was a good glasto moment seeing the crowd swaying singing that 8)

Thought he was excellent. Seen him before and he does put on a good show.

Groove Armada and Eddy Grant were good too. Looking forward to see Groove Armada in few weeks at Lovebox.

Pretty sure i didn;t see jay z perform any songs from his reasonable doubt album the only decent hip hop album of the last 10 years. and funny how the best response of the night was a cover of wonderwall. In conclusion: jay-z=rubbish

managed to catch elbow......brilliant and what a finale!!! nicest boys in rock!!

and how good were the verve, nice to see "the man who casts no shadow" back to his best!!!

8)

amy provided the best laugh,she started off great and then lost the plot,still managed the vocals though.The enemy were excellant as was the verve and neil diamond

Just got back, can honestly say that i had one of the best weekends ever, weather superb, vibe fantastic, people great fun and super friendly!

Missed Kings of Leon but wished i'd seen them because everyone i spoke to said they were superb. Saw the start of Jay-Z but couldn't really get into it, although again, people were raving about him all weekend.

Personal highlights for me were:

Nick Warren at the Glade friday evening. Great atmosphere and had the feeling of a proper outdoor 'club.' Underworld's 'Dark and Long' was a bit of a moment.

Sander Kleinenberg Sunday night, who played his trademark mix of chunky tech house mixed with some trancier sounds. Finished with Dirty South's remix of 'The End' which is a BIG tune.

Singing along to 'Valerie' with the Zutons and about 50,000 others on Sunday evening (I think)

The Verve Sunday night for a fairly emotional singalong session and very impressive light show.

A band i'd never heard of before called Amsterdam who played the Acoustic tent (again, i think) at some point over the weekend.

Some quality diversive music in the 'Pussy Parlure,' ranging from Dancehall to dubstep to dirty techno to reggae. A great place to find yourself for 5 minutes.

The Silent disco, which i really wasn't bothered about going to, but SO glad i did. A really well programmed mix of some all time classic tunes in a mash up style was just what the doctor ordered at 3am last night!

But finally, and possibly most enjoyable, was The Stone Circle late last night/early this morning. A friend and i arrived there around 5am (again, a little hazy) to a scene reminiscent of a medieval battle, fires everywhere, smoke drifting across the field, drums playing, a really kinetic atmosphere, but totally chilled out and friendly. We watched the sun rise at the bottom of the field, which got a massive cheer from the hundreds in attendance, then we went right to the top to chill, and spent a hilarious few hours people watching. I doubt we looked exactly 'fresh' but some of the people there were unbelievable. I don't think i've ever seen so many seriously fuc*ed up people in one place. Several guys were wandering around with obviously little, or no mental capacity left in their brains. One chap did 6 (i counted) laps of the entire place, hand on head, vacant look in eyes, and then proceeded to ask if we had any pills for sale. I can safely say i've never enjoyed the sport of people watching so much. Plus the weather was amazing, and it was pretty special to watch the dawn slowly break over that beautiful valley. I'm getting weepy.

All in all, a fantastic weekend with no serious complaints from me or anyone i spoke to. Again, i was struck by the shere scale of the festival, and mightlily impressed with the organisational side of things, it must be such a huge job to organise that i think they do pretty damn well...

Roll on 2009...

Last edited by a moderator:
What a brilliant weekend. Whatever anyone says, Glastonbury is undoubtedly the greatest festival of all. It's size and scope are astonishing.

I have just woken up from an 18hour sleep and shall say more later

btw, Jay Z was rubbish. did he really say 'show me your diamonds' to the crowd. idiot

Back