Glasto - one week today!!!

We got back last night and like what everyone else said I had the best time ever!!!

My highlights were Trash City and The stone Circle :eek: 8)

I can't wait until 2009, rain or shine!!!

now I am going back to bed again!

That group Amsterdam, a girl at work went to see them last week, her boyfriend works for a media company and has something to do with them.....what were they like? She went to see them at a gig on Oxford St last week

It was AMAZING!!! Absolutely loved!

Highlights:

The Thursday night downpour (yes - a highlight because it was such a short spell and added a different dimension to the festival - had it continued though I'd be moaning).
Beth Ditto from Gossip with her show stealing performance pinching everyone's accessories and causing chaos in the mosh pit.
Dave Beer's set in the Igloo.
Mama Shamone and her first Glasto gig.
Hannah Holland DJing surrounded by her troupe of trannies and hippies showing their bums to a bemused crowd. :lol:
Gawping at the sheer size of the place.
Mutoid waste company sculptures and fireballs in the trash city area with freaks driving massive f*ck off custom made cars around the drag strip.
Walking from a King Solomon Burke blues set into a mad Eat Static techno mashup at the Glade - that's Glasto!
Strange cabaret performances everywhere you looked.
Watching freestyle rappers with samplers (WOW :eek:) and hippy drummers in the stone circle surrounded by some of the messiest revellers on the site - oh so spiritual.
Lunching with the hare krishnas.
Amy Winehouse's car crash performance as she punched some bloke in the front row and garbled indecipherable bollocks between numbers.
Crystal Castles - crowd surfing new rave kids and dangerous stage antics resulting in her performance being cut short.
Alabama 3, Mark Ronson, Neil Diamond, Massive Attack & Groove Armada...oh and Hercules and love affair - how sexy is that gyrating lead singer woman??!?
The fantastic sight of the pyramid and other stage closing. :eek:
Sleeping in a tent for 4 nights - I miss it now.

...and last but not least - the NYC DOWNLOW! My new favourite club and by far the best place on the site (if not the country and the world). We ended up there every night till the early hours throwing our best gay disco moves and giggling at the daft tranny antics. Walking in there was always a problem because it was nigh on impossible to leave until closing. I'll never forget the sight of a bearded Johnny Woo in a swimming costume and wig, bouncing up and down excitedly shouting, "TOMORROW IS POPPERS AND LEATHER NIGHT!" in time to the music. Just far too funny. :lol: 8)
The music was completely spot on.

Too many more things to mention. It was the best weekend of my life (again).

Now feeling dead. Slept a full 11 hours last night and still knackered. Legs feel like they're about to drop off.

Back