Glasto - one week today!!!

Robder

The weather forecast is changing daily! Yesterday said no rain at all and now this. :confused:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp

Still, it's sure to be the driest in years! 8)

I'm sure I'll be practically living in the Dance village, Shangri La and Trash fields this year but I've had a look around the line up (which on close inspection is berluddy brilliant)...and have weeded out the following bands:

(haven't even finished going through the line up yet - anyone know when the set times come out because I need to start coordinating stages!)

THURSDAY

Trash stage
Mama Shamone 8)

FRIDAY

Pyramid
The Gossip
Kate Nash

John Peel stage
Hadouken

Jazz World
Jimmy Cliff
Candi Staton
Alabama 3

Accoustic stage
Seasick Steve
Sinead O'Connor

SATURDAY

Pyramid
Amy Winehouse (if she shows up)
The Raconteurs
Crowded House
Seasick Steve
Shakin Stevens 8) :lol:

Other Stage
Massive Attack
Hot Chip

John Peel Stage
Holy f**k

Jazz world
Ethiopiques
The Neil Cowley Trio

Park stage
CSS

SUNDAY

Pyramid
Goldfrapp
Martina Topley Bird

Other stage
Groove Armada
Mark Ronson
Black Cherry

John Peel stage
Spiritualized
Crystal Castles
The Whip

Jazz world
Sense of sound choir

Amy Winehouse (if she shows up)
Crowded House
Well, she made it all the way to Moscow (even if she took the stage an hour late while they tried to sober her up :lol:

Going to see Crowded House on Tuesday 8)

I'm starting to get excited about the EXIT festival. Just 3 weeks away!

In my experience Glasto has never been about the advertised stages - it's the small techno bits and bobs that pop up around the site such as Eze Love, Jo Bananas, Exodus and Pineapple Tribe (although I'm not even sure if these sound systems even exist any more).

There used to be a huge party called "life after Glastonbury...?" which was always brilliant and started on the Monday morning. (urgh)

That NYC downlow thing is always amazing...had such a good time in there last year.

The trash stage is also going to be good and look out for the Gabber aerobics :lol: In fact that would be a good meeting spot if anyone wants to find me as it's so obscure. :D

...and what better way to begin a day than with some Gabber aerobics? :lol:

See you down the front Rob.

And you too Sirens (even though I have no idea what you look like)

Yep.....I'm going to be there too.
I'm coming to the UK tonight.

And I've guarenteed that it's not going to rain at Glastonbury this year.
How?
You may ask.
Well, even though I say it myself it's a stroke of genius.
I have bought 500 waterproof rain ponchos from Bali and will be taking them down with me.
Thus guarenteed there's going to be a virtual drought.
Oh, and if I'm wrong and it does pi$$ down then the beers are on me.

Oh dear - latest from metcheck:

Look away now!
Added : Fri 20 June : 10:36 BST

It's not often us weather forecasters find ourselves wincing when looking at the latest forecast charts.

Usually, it's a case of identifying a few features and then deciding whether they are likely to develop and where and when will be affected.

Recently however, it's been a daunting task. Here we are, in the middle of June, the longest day just a few hours away and yet the pressure charts look more like something out of September.

The next couple of weeks look highly unseasonal for the UK. Low pressure after low pressure rattling in from the Atlantic. The cause? The same as last year, the jet stream is simply too far South.

Event organisers for Glastonbury next week must be wondering what on earth is going on and by the look of the latest forecast it's set not just to be a mud bath, but more of a mud sea.

So, if it's Summer weather you're wanting, then the advice from forecasters is simple... look away now, we'll tell you when it's safe to watch again.

Metcheck is completely unreliable and refuse to accept their lies.

It WILL be lovely weather but i shall take my old lady at the bus stop rain hat just in case.

Btw, Seasick Steve is sick!

YAY can't effing wait!! Flying from Brussels on Thu evening and then driving down early Fri morning.

Most looking forward to:

Drinking copious amounts of cider
Kate Nash
Massive Attack
Groove Armada
Roisin Murphy
Booka Shade
Way Out West Sound System
Nick Warren sunset set on Glade stage on Friday (here's a vid from last year, it was pretty mental!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blavj87-RHQ

See you in the woods :D

I want to see Nick Warren's sunset set as well!

I have made a list of everyone we want to see but it is at home.. One springs to mind, Neon Neon, but the rest I can't remember.

Back