Girly Thread - toners?

I am loving Aldi's £1.89 Siena moisturiser at the mo - I don't normally believe the hype on this kind of stuff but it really is one of the best moisturisers I've used, I keep sending my poor mum to Scunny Aldi to stock up on it for me :lol:

This is the one that everyone raves about isnt it? :lol:

I might have to try it I mean for £1.89!

Yeah - its really good value - even Phil uses all the men stuff - the under eye cream, the sp15 anti ageing moisturiser, face wash etc etc he loves it

The skin brightening toner one is really good because if you have a patchy complexion (I have sunspots through the previous years of bad skin care) it lightens and corrects skin tone - but you shouldnt use it if you are on holiday or going in the sun without protection as it can make your skin photosensitive (touch wood it hasnt on me but...)

Im using a Botanics Skin Brightening Face Gel with horse chestnut in, its really nice.
And in Boots its 3 for 2 ;)

It's always in mags and I thought it may be a bit of a gimmick but it's reallyreallyreally good even on my old haggard skin :lol:

I bought it and tried it and it made my skin tingle too much - it felt too strong so I gave it away to my mate at work.... Apparently the night cream is excellent too.

Which is my other top tip - definately start using night cream when you get older (late 30's) - its magic !!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: Good Old Nivea Visage is my choice- your skin is lovely in the morning and you dont get pillow creases all over it LoL

(another top Aldi tip - their Lacuna mascara - gorgeous !!)

Its amazing how much money you can spend looking for the ultimate potion, cream, whatever. Especially when you find out that the cheapest is sometimes as good as the more expensive ones.....

The only thing I will splash out on without caring about the expense, and because I havent found anything better so far is:-

Kerastase Ole-relax shampoo and conditioner - it tames my stupid curls and relaxes them enough to make me not look like I am wearing a hat!!

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - brilliant stuff!!!

I bought it and tried it and it made my skin tingle too much - it felt too strong so I gave it away to my mate at work.... Apparently the night cream is excellent too.

Which is my other top tip - definately start using night cream when you get older (late 30's) - its magic !!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: Good Old Nivea Visage is my choice- your skin is lovely in the morning and you dont get pillow creases all over it LoL

(another top Aldi tip - their Lacuna mascara - gorgeous !!)

Its amazing how much money you can spend looking for the ultimate potion, cream, whatever. Especially when you find out that the cheapest is sometimes as good as the more expensive ones.....

The only thing I will splash out on without caring about the expense, and because I havent found anything better so far is:-

Kerastase Ole-relax shampoo and conditioner - it tames my stupid curls and relaxes them enough to make me not look like I am wearing a hat!!

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - brilliant stuff!!!

I have been tempted to use the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - is this the stuff you put on after moisturising to give you a healthy glow? :lol:

I think I might make a trip to Aldi this weekend :lol:

I love trying out new products.

I am the same as you with hair stuff though, I really try to look after my hair as I abuse it so much so at the moment I am using Burts Bees which is £11 a bottle :eek: but lush :lol:

I have been tempted to use the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - is this the stuff you put on after moisturising to give you a healthy glow? :lol:

I think I might make a trip to Aldi this weekend :lol:

I love trying out new products.

I am the same as you with hair stuff though, I really try to look after my hair as I abuse it so much so at the moment I am using Burts Bees which is £11 a bottle :eek: but lush :lol:

I spent £30 last night on shampoo and conditioner (and that's with 20% discount!!!) ..... but it lasts 4 months so...

Clarins - I use it before moisturiser myself - am I using it wrong :oops::oops::oops:

Try out the Lacuna stuff - Its great value and its worth a go..... there's some naff stuff but some quite good stuff too.... dont bother with their nail varnish tho..:confused:

I spent £30 last night on shampoo and conditioner (and that's with 20% discount!!!) ..... but it lasts 4 months so...

Clarins - I use it before moisturiser myself - am I using it wrong :oops::oops::oops:

Try out the Lacuna stuff - Its great value and its worth a go..... there's some naff stuff but some quite good stuff too.... dont bother with their nail varnish tho..:confused:

Clarins - no I think your right :lol: I read so much stuff in magazines I forgot what does what but that sounds about right, what does it do? I might treat myself to some :lol:

I like using the Boots Protect and Perfect - it makes my skin nice and even before moisturising.

Do you get your hair stuff on HQ Hair? They can be quite reasonable and it comes really quick.

Clarins - no I think your right :lol: I read so much stuff in magazines I forgot what does what but that sounds about right, what does it do? I might treat myself to some :lol:

I like using the Boots Protect and Perfect - it makes my skin nice and even before moisturising.

Do you get your hair stuff on HQ Hair? They can be quite reasonable and it comes really quick.

Nah my sis is a hair technician (hairdresser :lol:) and gets it all for me...

Boots P & P just looked greasy on me

Clarins is like a mini facial in a tube - you look radiant for about 8hrs then it all goes wrong - but then its usually all gone wrong around 4am anyway so..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nah my sis is a hair technician (hairdresser :lol:) and gets it all for me...

Boots P & P just looked greasy on me

Clarins is like a mini facial in a tube - you look radiant for about 8hrs then it all goes wrong - but then its usually all gone wrong around 4am anyway so..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

My sister is a trainee hairdresser - I am waiting for her to hurry up and qualify so I can get my hair done :lol: but my bfs sister is a hairdresser too so get a cheap hair cut there as well. Isnt it handy having family members like this :lol:

I might have to invest ;) I have a few heavy nights coming up in the lead up to xmas, might need a pick me up :eek::lol::lol:

even better than Clarins for the mini facial are products from Crystal Clear. Buy on line - canny expensive but worth the splurge for a special occasion.

Yeah - its really good value - even Phil uses all the men stuff - the under eye cream, the sp15 anti ageing moisturiser, face wash etc etc he loves it

The skin brightening toner one is really good because if you have a patchy complexion (I have sunspots through the previous years of bad skin care) it lightens and corrects skin tone - but you shouldnt use it if you are on holiday or going in the sun without protection as it can make your skin photosensitive (touch wood it hasnt on me but...)
I love the Botanics In Shower Facial Polish, it's quite a rough exfoliator but I think exfoliating is the key and the Botanics range is great. My friends a beautician and does swear by cleansing toning and moisturising but I have to say I can't be bothered most evenings. I tend use exfoliator or face wash in the shower and then moisturise or if I am not having a shower before bed I use face wipes, not fantastic but they do the trick. I also have used boots number 7 protect and perfect serum since it came out, although not twice a day as they recommend, every couple of days, it makes your skin really silky and hopefully will slow the aging process :lol:. The tips I have to pass on from her are Clinique is harsh on the skin and uses lots of chemicals but Clarins uses natural ingredients and is far better for the skin. I use their moisturiser. The problem I am having now is I too am a non-foundation wearing bronze and go girl but as the winter is approaching and my skin is getting paler I could do with a base (people have started to say ooh you look tired are you ok!) but whenever I start wearing even a light foundation my pores get blocked and my skin isn't as clear as when I just put bronzer on. By the way, I can't remember who recommended it but I got Benefit Dallas bronzer the other day and love it, although not on it's own as it's quite dark, I use it on the apple of my cheeks over my lighter bronzer.

The problem I am having now is I too am a non-foundation wearing bronze and go girl but as the winter is approaching and my skin is getting paler I could do with a base (people have started to say ooh you look tired are you ok!) but whenever I start wearing even a light foundation my pores get blocked and my skin isn't as clear as when I just put bronzer on.

Have you tried a tinted moisturiser, I hate foundations but wear tinted moisturiser instead - the Boots No 7 one is really good to give you a really sheer natural cover.

Thanks for the advice, I may try one, number 7 is reasonably priced so I will try that. I have thought about trying one for ages but I didn't like the thought of my skin being too greasy, I use gel moisturisers as they are light and non-greasy and I was worried a tinted moisturiser may clog my pores?

I love the Botanics In Shower Facial Polish, it's quite a rough exfoliator but I think exfoliating is the key and the Botanics range is great. My friends a beautician and does swear by cleansing toning and moisturising but I have to say I can't be bothered most evenings. I tend use exfoliator or face wash in the shower and then moisturise or if I am not having a shower before bed I use face wipes, not fantastic but they do the trick. I also have used boots number 7 protect and perfect serum since it came out, although not twice a day as they recommend, every couple of days, it makes your skin really silky and hopefully will slow the aging process :lol:. The tips I have to pass on from her are Clinique is harsh on the skin and uses lots of chemicals but Clarins uses natural ingredients and is far better for the skin. I use their moisturiser. The problem I am having now is I too am a non-foundation wearing bronze and go girl but as the winter is approaching and my skin is getting paler I could do with a base (people have started to say ooh you look tired are you ok!) but whenever I start wearing even a light foundation my pores get blocked and my skin isn't as clear as when I just put bronzer on. By the way, I can't remember who recommended it but I got Benefit Dallas bronzer the other day and love it, although not on it's own as it's quite dark, I use it on the apple of my cheeks over my lighter bronzer.

The amount of beauticians who say this is quite astounding - I used it years ago and I got loads of dry patches and it really did nothing "nice" for my skin - however, my mate swears by it...... horses for courses I suppose....

Have you tried using Olay moisturiser with a hint of sun in it? That's my fav at the moment in the run up to the winter (well my visit to Cyprus where I should get a bit of colour for the winter months)...

The Clinique toners have alcohol in them so totally dry the skin, I have the purple colour liquid toner and you could literally smell the alcohol in it. I haven't tried olay, I have tried the dove face self tan/moisturiser, they tend to smell a teeny bit of fake tan though which puts me off as I smell of the stuff anyway :lol: I'm going to get a tinted moisturiser I think, I also move to a blusher rather than bronzer for the day times in the winter, although that leopard print one I mentioned on here is a mix of both so is pefect. The body shop pink version of this one below is lovely.

Have you tried a tinted moisturiser, I hate foundations but wear tinted moisturiser instead - the Boots No 7 one is really good to give you a really sheer natural cover.

I use that its really good. Only thing I did find was it went a bit patchy with bronzer on it, or a bit orangey. Think its where my skin is different textures underneath :cry:

My skin looks terrible in tinted M - I just look dirty.... (and not in a good way):lol::lol::lol:

I have to use a light foundation (or i feel I should use foundation) only in the summer will I go "barefaced"

Thanks PL I shall start your beauty regime straight away!

I'm having a skin crisis right now!

Barbie - I get my Auntie to buy the face cream from Aldi - I love it!! :lol:

Just use Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish daily and your skin will look fabulous - like you're had a facial.

A good night-cream is also important. I agree with Barbie about that Aldi cream. Well deserved of all the praise!

Just use Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish daily and your skin will look fabulous - like you're had a facial.

Hello :lol:

What is this Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish thing, I've heard lots of good reports about it, but what is it - cleanser, toner??

Back