Girly Thread - toners?

Emma_1983

I havent used a toner to cleanse my face since I was about 13 and read too many magazines and thought it was the thing to do :lol: then realised my young skin probably didnt need it :lol:

Anyway after reading another magazine the other day there was a Simple Toner recommended so I thought I would try it, I am trying to keep my skin as clear as possible/look after my skin as best I can!

But this morning I have woken up and my forehead is all bumpy underneath, looks a bit like acne but isnt. I am wondering if maybe its the toner and I dont need to use it. I mean I dont even wear foundation on my skin usually just moisturise, bronze and go.

Any recommendations on toner wearing?

Hello :lol:

Sorry I can't help on toners but I have been meaning to tell you I bought the Benefit Hoola bronzer before Ibiza - best bronzer EVER :lol::D It even made an old bint like me look radiant :lol:

Hello :lol:

Sorry I can't help on toners but I have been meaning to tell you I bought the Benefit Hoola bronzer before Ibiza - best bronzer EVER :lol::D It even made an old bint like me look radiant :lol:

See with the whole toner issue I am thinking maybe I should stop using it. I mean if it aint broke dont fix it and all that :lol:

I know its lovely isnt it. I am getting very low :cry: Need to restock!

I like to use that then the leopard print one Helen told us about on my cheekbones for a nice glow :lol:

My friend gave me a good tip with Hoola, after putting your brush on the hoola, swirl it round in the lid to get excess powder off so your not too orange and then when your running low there is a small supply in the lid ;)

isn't toner an astringent? therefore dries out your skin??

I used clinique scruffing lotion, but It's more of a cleanser and takes off dead skin and grease.....I have very oily skin!! :)

isn't toner an astringent? therefore dries out your skin??

I used clinique scruffing lotion, but It's more of a cleanser and takes off dead skin and grease.....I have very oily skin!! :)

Could be :confused:

I am doing something wrong as up until yesterday my skin was fine now its odd :oops::confused:

I've booked an appointment at the doctors and he can prescribe some face acid and make me beautiful.

Hello thought I would pop in with my input :lol:

I use Simple Cleanser and Botanics Skin Brightening Toner (tried more expensive ones like Clarins etc but there's not much difference other than price) and I use them every night - a regime I only started when I got to 40. A cleanser should be used warmed up in your hands and then massaged into your face and neck for a minute or so and then removed with a warm damp cloth. The toner should be applied cold and all over face and neck. This will remove any left over cleanser and close any open pores and tighten your skin giving you a brighter more smoother complexion.

I swear by it and I dont think I look that bad for 43 considering my lifestyle for the past 20 years - so it must be working :lol::lol:

Emma - when you first start using skin products you tend to get a few spots - its like when you have a facepack or exfoliate .... your skin gets used to it, but I suspect your skin in sensitive and young so you maybe need to use a product that's aimed at your age group....

I use Simple Cleanser and Botanics Skin Brightening Toner (tried more expensive ones like Clarins etc but there's not much difference other than price) and I use them every night - a regime I only started when I got to 40. A cleanser should be used warmed up in your hands and then massaged into your face and neck for a minute or so and then removed with a warm damp cloth. The toner should be applied cold and all over face and neck. This will remove any left over cleanser and close any open pores and tighten your skin giving you a brighter more smoother complexion.

I swear by it and I dont think I look that bad for 43 considering my lifestyle for the past 20 years - so it must be working :lol::lol:

Emma - when you first start using skin products you tend to get a few spots - its like when you have a facepack or exfoliate .... your skin gets used to it, but I suspect your skin in sensitive and young so you maybe need to use a product that's aimed at your age group....

Your 43 :eek::lol: Definitely dont look it ;)

I have got the Simple Soothing Toner - I think I am going to stick with it as like you say your skin does take a while to get used to things, and its not so bad today the "acne" look has gone away. Im going to persevere ;)

I'll give you that Miss Puppy! ;)

I thought you were at least 10 years younger than that when I met you at SW4 - it's given me hope that if you can abuse yourself and still look so youthful post-40 :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: When I got to 40 I had a "skin" midlife crisis :lol::lol::lol:

I started using proper factor (30) on my face on holiday and moisturisers with at least sp15 for daily use along with this cleansing and toning routine - I noticed the difference and so did others after around 2 weeks - people were asking if I had been away :lol::lol::lol: (and I was still partying every weekend too!!)

:oops::oops::oops: aw shucks - you guys!!!!!!!

Cheers for that - but when you think about the abuse we (well most of us) put ourselves through and its for the grace of dog that a lot of us look this well considering our party lifestyles :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just want to ward off the facelift as long as possible.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is that the Boots label natural one?? I used their Cleanser and Toner for a while and it was by far the best I've ever used.

Yeah - its really good value - even Phil uses all the men stuff - the under eye cream, the sp15 anti ageing moisturiser, face wash etc etc he loves it

The skin brightening toner one is really good because if you have a patchy complexion (I have sunspots through the previous years of bad skin care) it lightens and corrects skin tone - but you shouldnt use it if you are on holiday or going in the sun without protection as it can make your skin photosensitive (touch wood it hasnt on me but...)

Yeah - its really good value - even Phil uses all the men stuff - the under eye cream, the sp15 anti ageing moisturiser, face wash etc etc he loves it

The skin brightening toner one is really good because if you have a patchy complexion (I have sunspots through the previous years of bad skin care) it lightens and corrects skin tone - but you shouldnt use it if you are on holiday or going in the sun without protection as it can make your skin photosensitive (touch wood it hasnt on me but...)

I use l'oreal anti-fatigue and hydrating moisturisers, clarin face scrubs and eye lift thingy bob, lid wipes, body shop tea tree face mask!! Still look rough though.

I am loving Aldi's £1.89 Siena moisturiser at the mo - I don't normally believe the hype on this kind of stuff but it really is one of the best moisturisers I've used, I keep sending my poor mum to Scunny Aldi to stock up on it for me :lol:

Back