Girly Thread - Spring Summer outfits :-)

Dresses, a lot of them! What more does a girl need? 8)

I hope those pants aren't coming back cos they can be very unflattering unless you're built like Kate Moss!

I had a nice purple pair from Miss Selfridge (which was officially fashion shop of the 80's when Top Shop was useless) which suffered the very same problems.

My mum has a fetching picture of me in them somewhere, teamed with a nice lace shirt and diamante brooch at the neck i think c 1985.

lovely.

:oops::oops::oops::oops: mine were black and green in a type of zebra-eey style from warehouse (I think - but could have been Miss Selfridges too) back in the mid 80's too - came with a baggy vest top to match

I had a nice purple pair from Miss Selfridge (which was officially fashion shop of the 80's when Top Shop was useless) which suffered the very same problems.

My mum has a fetching picture of me in them somewhere, teamed with a nice lace shirt and diamante brooch at the neck i think c 1985.

lovely.

I remember those days. Topshop used to be pants!!! And over rated!!

Dresses, a lot of them! What more does a girl need? 8)
quote]

Totally agree, I've come to realise over the last few years dresses are definately the way forward, they can look casual and formal and are comfy (unless you have some skin tight posh spice pencil dress) and girly. As I am tall I usually have to wear most fashion dresses over leggings, I love maxi dresses too, Holly Willoughby always wears dresses and I like her style.

By the way, my wierd MC hammer trousers are already baggy on the knee, I wear the tight bit around my calfs, I only wear them with uggs and a chunky (long, as I am no Kate moss!) jumper or around the house lounging about and I am quite fond of them.

Are these what you mean, Harlem trousers I think they are called, they are not all jazzy like MC Hammer ones though, or is this not what you mean? I've got a pair of these and they are super comfy, have to watch what I wear with them but generally I think they look cool 8)

image1xl.jpg

Too much crotch on them - would make me look like a midget!!!

By the way, my wierd MC hammer trousers are already baggy on the knee, I wear the tight bit around my calfs, I only wear them with uggs and a chunky (long, as I am no Kate moss!) jumper or around the house lounging about and I am quite fond of them.

But you have long legs so you can pull them off unlike us shorties ;)

Going to New York in a few weeks, so hopefully will pick up some good bits there.

The whole folk/boho trend looks like its coming back again, but in a more luxe way, so might get into some of the vintage stores and have a rummage. Or just drag out my stuff from before and bling it up with some new jewellery.....

The 80s has had its day apparently, now its all 90's Beverly Hills 90210 so stonewashed denim and pastels eek.

Big hair girls......

make sure to hit up the LES.. i can shop for dayssss over there

ive already started imaging things in my head, making sketches and sewing :D
I dont pay attention to whats on TV or in the magazines because I like to be original... i hate walking into a place and someone has something on that I do or even has their hair like me! LOL
my style is funky and flirty yet verryyy comfortable ..gotta be comfy! Especially clubbin in Ibiza :lol:

I know some of you may disagree and its not summer wear but I really like those shiny type leggings about, with a long tunic top or a long top of some description.

Beyonce wore some on X Factor and she looked wicked. Seen quite a few "celebs" out in them. Not sure if I am brave enough myself though........:oops::lol::lol:

i have a pair in gold and another in black ..with some high heels ..wore them last spring here in NY but it might be too hot for a summer in Ibiza LoL

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these what you mean, Harlem trousers I think they are called, they are not all jazzy like MC Hammer ones though, or is this not what you mean? I've got a pair of these and they are super comfy, have to watch what I wear with them but generally I think they look cool 8)

image1xl.jpg

so soooo many girls waering them in Ibiza last year
Im sure they are comfortable though

make sure to hit up the LES.. i can shop for dayssss over there

Yay - I am staying E Houston Street ;) (cant take credit for the location, that was the bf idea :oops:)

Can you recommend any good stores for vintage/unusual/inexpensive/bargains????? :D

I know some of you may disagree and its not summer wear but I really like those shiny type leggings about, with a long tunic top or a long top of some description.

Beyonce wore some on X and she looked wicked. Seen quite a few "celebs" out in them. Not sure if I am brave enough myself though........:oops::lol::lol:

Emma- I got a black pair from river island this week :) i was surprised how nice they looked- I was expecting them to look a bit hmmm .....get them smaller than normal size as they have not got much stretch.

Emma- I got a black pair from river island this week :) i was surprised how nice they looked- I was expecting them to look a bit hmmm .....get them smaller than normal size as they have not got much stretch.

Shiny leggings or harem pants?!?! :lol:

I saw the baggy pant things in Topshop at the weekend. Didnt try them on though.

Got some wicked black leopard print tights, thought they are great in space of black tights at work. Put them on for the first time yesterday and they ripped :cry:

Shiny leggings or harem pants?!?! :lol:

I saw the baggy pant things in Topshop at the weekend. Didnt try them on though.

Got some wicked black leopard print tights, thought they are great in space of black tights at work. Put them on for the first time yesterday and they ripped :cry:

the shiny leggings - not the mchammer trousies

hope the tights werent primarni ones:eek:

Back