Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Update - the leader of the parliamentary group Leyla Moran explains that the difficulty is when arrivals from red/yelow and green mix in the arrivals hall, and covid spreads that way. Surely the solution is to keep them apart? Ideally airports with just one terminal that can't separate should only accept green flights, those with two or more put greens in one terminal and the rest in the others? That gives the option of the one-terminal airports of reorganising their immigration lanes to accept both.

Update - the leader of the parliamentary group Leyla Moran explains that the difficulty is when arrivals from red/yelow and green mix in the arrivals hall, and covid spreads that way. Surely the solution is to keep them apart? Ideally airports with just one terminal that can't separate should only accept green flights, those with two or more put greens in one terminal and the rest in the others? That gives the option of the one-terminal airports of reorganising their immigration lanes to accept both.
Your idea makes alot sense...

I mean they only had months and months to think of this and get ready for tourism since its so important

Your idea makes alot sense...

I mean they only had months and months to think of this and get ready for tourism since its so important
Yes, not only are the companies and airlines losing money therefore not paying tax to the UK, they are possibly being compensated by that government so it's a double bubble. What's a small amount of reorganisation in the grand scheme of things?

There's also the somewhat cynical view that by pushing against foreign travel means more people holiday in the UK - spending their dough in UK seaside resorts which have been chronically underfunded for years and have nearly all fallen into a state of disrepair. A summer of big spending in UK resorts = helps the economy and takes some of the pressure off of the government to bail further industries out (in the assumption that airlines will get aid from elsewhere).

I still haven't had my first vaccine yet, but the only thing that will stop me from going overseas this year will be logistical problems rather than moral ones.

There's also the somewhat cynical view that by pushing against foreign travel means more people holiday in the UK - spending their dough in UK seaside resorts which have been chronically underfunded for years and have nearly all fallen into a state of disrepair. A summer of big spending in UK resorts = helps the economy and takes some of the pressure off of the government to bail further industries out (in the assumption that airlines will get aid from elsewhere).
Absolutely, but the opposite side of that is we won't be getting any big-spending tourists from abroad, so basically it's swings and roundabouts. I bet those foreign travellers would spend more than us Brits at home?

Anyhow, I've noticed resentment building up today; we were promised and it's being taken away...yet again...beginning to wonder where the breaking point is?

One point about UK travel, we can't even get to our islands such as Jersey, AFAIK they will be off-limits too. That's something that needs adressing if we can't travel any further.

So according to these proposals, EU member states will accept double vaccinated travellers if they’ve had the second jab at least two weeks before arrival is that right? My second jab is 24th June and I’m due to travel 7th July so as it falls outside the 14 days (by one day ffs) does that just mean I’ll now need to provide a negative test?

Last edited:
So according to these proposals, EU member states will accept double vaccinated travellers if they’ve had the second jab at least two weeks before arrival is that right? My second jab is 24th June and I’m due to travel 7th July so as it falls outside the 14 days (by one day ffs) does that just mean I’ll now need to provide a negative test?

From reading that and a newspaper article earlier, yes but guess the country you leave and airline could have their own rules.

I would try to bump your appointment forward (or backwards depending how you look at it!) closer to the time if possible maybe

From reading that and a newspaper article earlier, yes but guess the country you leave and airline could have their own rules.

I would try to bump your appointment forward (or backwards depending how you look at it!) closer to the time if possible maybe
Yeah probably the best bet. I emailed earlier this afternoon to try and nudge the appointment up a couple of days. Not sure if there’s much leeway in the system here (Northern Ireland) but fingers crossed.

Booked for June but looks like that's gonna be too soon. As you all know from the topic we don't talk about anymore The Netherlands vaccination is sloowwwwwwwww. And I'm not that interested in another year of facemasks on the promenade and seated-events.
Switching the trip to September costs less than PCR testing for two in June so quite tempted. Probably gonna hit the reschedule switch this weekend.

Last edited:
Checking Ryanair, they offer PCR tests at half-price, but I don't know if that is all the tests you need in one; or whether every single test requires purchase. Anyone got that far yet?

What's the price of a PCR test in UK?
(Or others EU countries I'm curious).
It's free here in France.

Booked for June but looks like that's gonna be too soon. As you all know from the topic we don't talk about anymore The Netherlands vaccination is sloowwwwwwwww. And I'm not that interested in another year of facemasks on the promenade and seated-events.
Switching the trip to September costs less than PCR testing for two in June so quite tempted. Probably gonna hit the reschedule switch this weekend.
I have just arrived to Ibiza by ferry. Had a free antigen test at the port, 20 min wait and off you go.

Checking Ryanair, they offer PCR tests at half-price, but I don't know if that is all the tests you need in one; or whether every single test requires purchase. Anyone got that far yet?

"To help make it cheaper to travel with confidence this summer, UK customers will receive up to 50% off when they purchase a Randox testing kit. Click here to pay only £60 for your Randox pre-departure home testing kit with promo code RYANHTK21. Click here to pay only £120 for your combined Day 2 & Day 8 Randox home testing kit with promo code RYAND2821"

Regarding the UK; I haven’t checked recently but a few weeks ago they were £120 each. Then airlines began working with one of the suppliers to offer them for around half price plus there was talk of the government dropping the tax on them.
We need this! It will seriously put people off if they have to pay full price for the pcr tests

Easyjet is the same
"
When you place your order, enter discount code easyJet2021 at checkout.

Randox Health provide COVID-19 PCR home test kits which can be dropped off to one of their drop-off points across the UK which then goes direct to their accredited laboratories. Once the test kit is received by their laboratory, they aim to provide results within 12-24 hours. The cost per home test kit is £60. Click here to visit their website."

We need this! It will seriously put people off if they have to pay full price for the pcr tests
Think they are more expensive than many flights.

Are there no tests that can be done at the airport as you arrive? Go to a secure testing place there first, wait half-an-hour, get the result, then go to bag drop then through perv-groping then into the bar airside? Normally it takes about a couple of hours from arriving at the airport to getting on the plane, so that's adding half-an-hour.

Problem is though, as it is with the home kits, if you have already booked and you're positive that's your holiday gone. Does insurance cover?? Suppose it's not so bad if the flight costs next to nothing and you still have time to cancel the hotel.

Easyjet is the same
"
When you place your order, enter discount code easyJet2021 at checkout.

Randox Health provide COVID-19 PCR home test kits which can be dropped off to one of their drop-off points across the UK which then goes direct to their accredited laboratories. Once the test kit is received by their laboratory, they aim to provide results within 12-24 hours. The cost per home test kit is £60. Click here to visit their website."
Does that cover ALL the tests you need, including those on return?

Back