Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

This whole ‘getting pinged on the return flight’ thing is becoming a big concern for me personally!

Sounding like virtually everyone is winding up getting told to isolate on return because of locator forms and at least somebody on the flight winding up positive after returning. It's just self-isolation on return by stealth !

Sounding like virtually everyone is winding up getting told to isolate on return because of locator forms and at least somebody on the flight winding up positive after returning. It's just self-isolation on return by stealth !

Yeah that’s my take on it - although my understanding is by the time I’m due to fly the ‘if you’re pinged and double jabbed you don’t have to vaccinate’ rule should come into effect which I think overrides it!

It’s quite complex and constantly changing - it’s becoming tedious trying to keep up!

Return to UK today from Majorca, was pretty straightforward, and I'd imagine Ibiza return would be similar. Test certs and passenger locator forms all checked at check-in desk before departure, no mention of any of it on arrival

So Day 2 test on return - who's done and when did you it? We got back last night so that counts as day 0. I believe you can do on day 1 or 2 - if it was positive, do you have isolate for 10 days from when you took it, or when you get the result?

We got back on the 17th July and did our test on the 19th July with Express Test.

If you test positive I believe its 10 days from the day you took the test.

So Day 2 test on return - who's done and when did you it? We got back last night so that counts as day 0. I believe you can do on day 1 or 2 - if it was positive, do you have isolate for 10 days from when you took it, or when you get the result?
When I got back last time, I landed on a Saturday night - day 0
Was called by the government/locator people on the Sunday morning - day 1
I sent the test kit on day 2. Negative result the next day and that was it for me (I came back when ibiza was green, but had an "amber experience" because I filled the form out incorrectly)

Has anyone used the tests you buy here, take with you and email a photo of test and passport back to UK? They then email your result to you. Seen a couple of vloggers use them. Both got home ok.

Has anyone used the tests you buy here, take with you and email a photo of test and passport back to UK? They then email your result to you. Seen a couple of vloggers use them. Both got home ok.

If anyone wants a recommendation for a return to UK test. My wife and I just did the Colllinson video call ones for £32 (use Test21 discount code when booking) each and the certificates back within half hour of sending the photo of the test cartridge to them.

This is if you book it before you go, get sent the test kit and bring with you, having made your appointment for a video call.
As upthread - we did these on Sunday to return from Majorca - was pretty easy. We did the calls from my laptop because I had it with us me for work, so the bigger screen was useful.

Note: as I was typing this post my Mrs just had the knock at the door to make sure she's isolating as she's only had one jab

We took ours in the airport on return and dropped straight at the lab on way home. Not sure on when isolation would start, probably from test date?

Hi

Heading from ireland Isept!

Would I be right I saying that with the eu cert and being fully vaccinated, I don’t have to get tested either direction?

g

We have now had 7 days of decline in infection rate in the UK. Early signs are a corner has been turned due to our high vaccination rate (though Schools starting to close for Summer will have had an impact) so fingers crossed we are on our way to the island soon.

Balearics not expected to be back on the UK Green list at next review though, rumour list I saw in the press wasn't anywhere particularly exciting for a beach Holiday...places like Poland, Austria, Italy etc

What are the rules for people visiting a villa if they're not actually staying there? So say we have a villa for 12, then there's 2 of us staying at a hotel, can the 2 come visit? I'm guessing it's OK till 1am then they would need to leave? Don't want to get in any bother!!

What are the rules for people visiting a villa if they're not actually staying there? So say we have a villa for 12, then there's 2 of us staying at a hotel, can the 2 come visit? I'm guessing it's OK till 1am then they would need to leave? Don't want to get in any bother!!

yes for a visit, but theoretically 1am to 6am you can't be there.
(as long as you are not noisy in that period nothing should happen tbh - the problem is when you're having a big party and the neighbours call the police)

Don’t have time to read the thread but for antigen tests to get out of the place:

Tests right next to jet, 30 Euros (prices on the island are fixed) 0900-1300,1600 to I don’t know, took 15 minutes all in for the 3 of us.

My friends did walk in at San An and it was about an hour wait but straightforward.

I also have a link for a company that come to your hotel for 40 but I think this is for guests of Migjorn only - why pay 10 more per person

Can anyone please remind me of the company that does the zoom pre-departure tests you take with you ?

Back