Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

The government want PCR test on return as it can identify new/foreign variants that a traveller may carry.

Think they may relax the text exiting the UK, if the country y/airline you are travelling to does not require tests.

Yeah the return test I can understand and abide by - it's the testing on exit and/or arrival when I will have been fully vaccinated that doesn't seem fair to me!

Yeah no chance I'll be going away then. I wouldn't be able to relax and enjoy myself wondering if I get it there and test positive. I cant afford to be there another 2 weeks.

If you fly over, negative, then get covid, but have had the vax (full doses) where do you stand? As I read it, even a fully vaccinated person can still "catch" covid, just that the vaccine should deal with it. They can still, possibly, pass it on to another?

If that's true I assume if you caught covid away on a five-day holiday, you would have to extend your stay and isolate in your hotel room?

Although this is from Mallorca, It does say "Balearic Government" so does this lifting apply to Ibiza too?

Some questions that aren't answered though - in 15 days time what are the closing time for bars/restaurants (inside and out) - unlimited? And DO these rules apply to Ibiza?

Certainly a good pull factor if you know places will be more-or-less fully open, but I wonder how they will police the 50% rule when holidaymakers come en masse.

The UK's "Green List" countries announced today at 5pm according to the Beeb. Although would imagine it will get published earlier.

Details on the 8.37am post for what it means when you're coming back from a green/amber/red country here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57019702. Obviously outbound requirements will depend on the country that you are travelling to.

Summary is:

- You have to have a pre departure test before you come back to the UK regardless of where you're coming from, and then another test in the UK 2 days after you get back (the second one looks like it will be a free NHS one, but the pre departure one cost will depend on where you're coming from and their pricing)
- Green list- no quarantine when you get back
- Amber list- 10 days quarantine at home + tests to potentially release early (I think?)
- Red list- 10 days hotel quarantine at a million of our British bucks

1620383307601.png

Last edited:
The UK's "Green List" countries announced today at 5pm according to the Beeb. Although would imagine it will get published earlier.

Details on the 8.37am post for what it means when you're coming back from a green/amber/red country here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57019702. Obviously outbound requirements will depend on the country that you are travelling to.

Summary is:

- You have to have a pre departure test before you come back to the UK regardless of where you're coming from, and then another test in the UK 2 days after you get back (the second one looks like it will be a free NHS one, but the pre departure one cost will depend on where you're coming from and their pricing)
- Green list- no quarantine when you get back
- Amber list- 10 days quarantine at home + tests to potentially release early (I think?)
- Red list- 10 days hotel quarantine at a million of our British bucks
Thanks for the info -

So when abroad, you need a test before you return - do you take that test kit out with you, how do you provide the results, and what happens if you're positive? All should be revealed, but I'm not banking on it! If you have to test abroad there will be a lot of scrambling around for test centres, frankly if it's a very short holiday is it worth the bother and hassle?

Also - why would fully vaxxed travellers be subjected to this?

Thanks for the info -

So when abroad, you need a test before you return - do you take that test kit out with you, how do you provide the results, and what happens if you're positive? All should be revealed, but I'm not banking on it! If you have to test abroad there will be a lot of scrambling around for test centres, frankly if it's a very short holiday is it worth the bother and hassle?

From what I understand, it will be:

- No, you have to get it done locally in the country that you are departing from and you will have to pay any costs associated (although some countries this is free, and others you have to pay)
- Results will be provided by the local test centre via however they do it (text, email, paper)
- If positive you will be refused boarding at the departure airport and be subject to the local rules on isolation
- The thinking on vaccinated is that whilst the risk of them getting sick is much reduced, they can still be carriers, so it theoretically prevents any variants from entering the country

Note- this is all completely unverified information and just based on bits and bobs that I have read over the last month or so. Proper relied upon government infos to follow later today

Thanks for the info -

Yeah no way I could be bothered with all that for a 4 night trip to ibiza. I guess the vaccinations don't mean shit.

Although this is from Mallorca, It does say "Balearic Government" so does this lifting apply to Ibiza too?

Some questions that aren't answered though - in 15 days time what are the closing time for bars/restaurants (inside and out) - unlimited? And DO these rules apply to Ibiza?

Certainly a good pull factor if you know places will be more-or-less fully open, but I wonder how they will police the 50% rule when holidaymakers come en masse.

Check here for latest update:

we have Tel Aviv booked provisionally but still hoping for Ibiza to be good by end of July, pretty disappointed with that list. and the fact they are saying it is to be reviewed every 3 weeks.. should be weekly at least

it's just stupid they don't add balearics to green as they did with canaries, we actually have better numbers than them!

Canaries aren't on the list this time. Its a heavily British and former British territory list.

• Portugal
  • Israel
  • Singapore
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Brunei
  • Iceland
  • Gibraltar
  • Falkland Islands
  • Faroe Islands
  • South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
  • St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, Ascension Island

Also just put Turkey on the Red list, which means the UK is requesting the all English Champions League final is moved from Istanbul to Wembley, which feels economically motivated!

we have Tel Aviv booked provisionally but still hoping for Ibiza to be good by end of July, pretty disappointed with that list. and the fact they are saying it is to be reviewed every 3 weeks.. should be weekly at least
Its a tough one on how often they review because they got stick last time for changing the rules while people were away. I know someone who went to Turkey with no rules last summer, but then it changed to isolate on return and they had to miss work and go on sick pay. 3 weeks review should mean you can get there and back with the same rules.

Canaries aren't on the list this time. Its a heavily British and former British territory list.

• Portugal
  • Israel
  • Singapore
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Brunei
  • Iceland
  • Gibraltar
  • Falkland Islands
  • Faroe Islands
  • South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
  • St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, Ascension Island

Also just put Turkey on the Red list, which means the UK is requesting the all English Champions League final is moved from Istanbul to Wembley, which feels economically motivated!
To be fair it is confusing having two green list, with the Canaries being added to one a few days ago.

We had booked Portugal hoping it would be green, hopefully the Portuguese accept English visitors from the middle of May as they suggested (we've booked at the start of June).

Start looking at the logistics of booking tests now, adding baggage and car hire

Back