Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Tom Newton Dunn (Times Radio & Evening Standard) via Twitter:

“A nervous wait tomorrow for Brits wanting a Mediterranean holiday this summer. Malta will get on the green travel list, I hear, but a big question mark still over the Balearics - Majorca, Ibiza, Menorca - with Cabinet ministers still split. Their key meeting not until 3pm...”

Mañana everyone. Late afternoon call. The Sun reporting is sounding only slightly more positive - However still saying “on the cusp” of being added rather than anything solid. No firm leaks tonight as per last time. Thursday will be wobbly until the meeting.

I think they will compromise and put the Balearics green, but not Spain as a whole, and announce no quarantine for fully jabbed returning from amber countries (daily tests instead). How many would go though knowing full well they could return countries to red/amber at virtually no notice?

ALO (for Brits) it's worth checking whether the Foreign and Commonwealth Office "advises" against travel to key areas, as insurance could be invalidated if they advise against.

I think they will compromise and put the Balearics green, but not Spain as a whole, and announce no quarantine for fully jabbed returning from amber countries (daily tests instead). How many would go though knowing full well they could return countries to red/amber at virtually no notice?

ALO (for Brits) it's worth checking whether the Foreign and Commonwealth Office "advises" against travel to key areas, as insurance could be invalidated if they advise against.

I think they’re delaying the fully vaccinated scheme until August so they avoid a rush of people changing their appointments to bring forward their second jab.

Pretty strong from Merkel. The EU leaders meet tomorrow. Hopefully with the more tourist reliant states they can negotiate for the testing option if it comes to it. 16k cases today in the UK. Highest since Feb. Regardless of breaking down the cases, it’s not a good look.
We’re testing more than most of Europe. Positive cases aren’t any higher here.

In the UK for the previous 4 days the new cases stalled around 12,000/day and not rising, then we had that jump to 16000 yesterday. Part of that might be the weekend lag, but recently has a history of a few days flat and then a jump.

But the approach now seems to be to look at hospitalisations, which are rising but much slower than cases. Now they are throwing delta+ at us - which might be a pain if it happens here and the Spanish block UK tourists. It's never flaming ending even with tha vax.

What's the situation with hospitalisations in Spain? All I can find is new cases (declining) and deaths - by now enough have been vaxxed there to have an effect on the figures?

In the UK for the previous 4 days the new cases stalled around 12,000/day and not rising, then we had that jump to 16000 yesterday. Part of that might be the weekend lag, but recently has a history of a few days flat and then a jump.

But the approach now seems to be to look at hospitalisations, which are rising but much slower than cases. Now they are throwing delta+ at us - which might be a pain if it happens here and the Spanish block UK tourists. It's never flaming ending even with tha vax.

What's the situation with hospitalisations in Spain? All I can find is new cases (declining) and deaths - by now enough have been vaxxed there to have an effect on the figures?
Vaccinations getting on well https://english.elpais.com/society/...ave-had-at-least-one-dose.html?outputType=amp

We had about 4000 cases in the last 24 hours and 29 deaths can't find the link where I read it

Isn't this ridiculous, we're disecting statistics with fine toothcombs like final-year students on their uni statistics course all because we want a flaming holiday.

This time of year used to be (a) what's the 14-day weather forecast and (b) the current exchange rates? Would we ever have thought we would be spending June looking at how many people are in hospital and death rates?? Ye Gods.

No wonder we all need a break....

We’re testing more than most of Europe. Positive cases aren’t any higher here.

100% this hence the panic over vaccination progress and trying to stem any further influx from UK to exacerbate things with imported cases. We'll no doubt see very soon if balearics go on green list before any arrivals testing requirements get slapped on. Might be a very short window to get in and out imminently - provided there are any planes to fly on :lol:

100% this hence the panic over vaccination progress and trying to stem any further influx from UK to exacerbate things with imported cases. We'll no doubt see very soon if balearics go on green list before any arrivals testing requirements get slapped on. Might be a very short window to get in and out imminently - provided there are any planes to fly on :lol:
Or Pilots to fly the planes, mate of mine said he’s not in the simulator till middle of August, said loads in the same situation.

This is allegedly the Northern Ireland list, if correct, England likely to be the same due to 4 nation approach. Click on the tweet for the second half of the list. No Portugal/Greece/Spanish mainland/France/Germany/Italy. One set of islands is on there though…..

it's on their website now: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-travelling-green-list-country

@Luke C posted it up in the gossip thread.

This is allegedly the Northern Ireland list, if correct, England likely to be the same due to 4 nation approach. Click on the tweet for the second half of the list. No Portugal/Greece/Spanish mainland/France/Germany/Italy. One set of islands is on there though…..

Great. Actually might be tempted now even with the test rigmarole

Back