getting money in ibiza

C

cheryl pearson

i am a little concerned about taking loads of money with me to ibiza i have a lloyds tsb electron card it is not a credit card but a debit card but you can use it abroad where there is a visa electron sign or visa/plus or link symbol has anyone every seen these signs in shops/ resturants and cashpoints in ibiza or heard of them will i have problems obtaining money from my account

You shouldn't do, I had a card last year which wasn't a debit or credit card and was still able to withdraw money. It's not advisable to obtain most of your money like this though because your bank may charge you a fee for currency conversion/oversead withdrawl fee for each withdrawl you make.

money

i always found with taking my bank card, it get in the problem of spending way over your normal budget then you spend 6 months repaying it.

i genrally do this.

take about £300 pounds in euro's, between £700 to grand in travellers check and switch card for emergancyies.

but by far travellers checks are the easyist and safest if in doubt get advice from a travel agent or evan the post office

i took cash and cards last time, but should probably take travelers checks as if i loose my money ill be f****d :eek:

Re: money

ksixty9 said:
i always found with taking my bank card, it get in the problem of spending way over your normal budget then you spend 6 months repaying it.

i genrally do this.

take about £300 pounds in euro's, between £700 to grand in travellers check and switch card for emergancyies.

but by far travellers checks are the easyist and safest if in doubt get advice from a travel agent or evan the post office

No it's not a credit card i can only withdraw what is in my normal current bank account.

I always travel with Travelers checks because if they get lost or stolen they can be replaced. Sure I have to go to the bank and cash them but hey, I think it's worth the trouble just to be safe. Oh, and if theyget lost or stollen this is what you do. There is a number for each check and you use that number to get your new checks if they are lost or stollen. You should keep a copy of the numbers in case the checks get lost or stolen. I always give the numbers to a freind or family member back home too in case I lose the damn number myself. Then I can just call them to get the number if I need it. Then you call up American Express or whoever you got the checks from and I believe they will handle it from there and give you new checks. Kind of a hassle, but in my opinion it's a good way to go if you tend to misplace things, like I often do! Hee! Hee!

Susie said:
I always travel with Travelers checks because if they get lost or stolen they can be replaced. Sure I have to go to the bank and cash them but hey, I think it's worth the trouble just to be safe. Oh, and if theyget lost or stollen this is what you do. There is a number for each check and you use that number to get your new checks if they are lost or stollen. You should keep a copy of the numbers in case the checks get lost or stolen. I always give the numbers to a freind or family member back home too in case I lose the *beep* number myself. Then I can just call them to get the number if I need it. Then you call up American Express or whoever you got the checks from and I believe they will handle it from there and give you new checks. Kind of a hassle, but in my opinion it's a good way to go if you tend to misplace things, like I often do! Hee! Hee!

thank you all for the advice i think i know what am doing now cheers xxx

money

u will be fine using your card there are a few bank machines not many (the only one i used was at the es paradis, eden street). also with lloyds if u lose your card like i did they will transfer money to you, result

money

cards are fine lloyds charge u about £1 every removal but apart from that fine, also i lost my card on second day of 11 day holiday lloydstsb transfered money to me within 2 days, result

Back