** GETTING IN SHAPE FOR SUMMER **

I usually start doing 8 with a easy weight and then drop down to one ware I can do roughly 7/8 and on my last set I max out, I have been considering raising my reps but as I have only just started this new routine from doing a bulk with very low reps and high weight I’m thinking it may be a better idea to gradually raise my reps????

Chris, since nobody answered your question, I did a little research on the subject and couldn't find an immediate answer. What I did find was that people stress change and variety in their workouts because light and heavy weights work together. Heavy weight gives your muscles the strength to lift weights that you ordnarily thought that you could not. Light weight, on the other hand w/ high reps, gives you the endurance to lift the heavier weight w/ more repetitions, thus making you stronger. I have attached a link to a site that you can check out. Good luck! :)

http://www.nationalfitnessequipments.com/weight-lifting-weights-2.htm

This early morning training is killing me!!!

Doesn't help that our gym's like a greenhouse either.

:twisted:

bripmon said:
I usually start doing 8 with a easy weight and then drop down to one ware I can do roughly 7/8 and on my last set I max out, I have been considering raising my reps but as I have only just started this new routine from doing a bulk with very low reps and high weight I’m thinking it may be a better idea to gradually raise my reps????

Chris, since nobody answered your question, I did a little research on the subject and couldn't find an immediate answer. What I did find was that people stress change and variety in their workouts because light and heavy weights work together. Heavy weight gives your muscles the strength to lift weights that you ordnarily thought that you could not. Light weight, on the other hand w/ high reps, gives you the endurance to lift the heavier weight w/ more repetitions, thus making you stronger. I have attached a link to a site that you can check out. Good luck! :)

http://www.nationalfitnessequipments.com/weight-lifting-weights-2.htm

Cheers bripmon muchos apperciated :) .Just of the gym as we type.

I've taken to going for a walk at lunchtimes (when at work).

I've just had a good half an hour cycling around Sutton Park, nice warm up for my kick box class later on.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah adrenalin-I fookin love it :p :D

I enjoyed running round my local reservoir/country park a few evenings last week as well as gym based activities :D

Got my Kelloggs Body fat measuring thing this week...now at 16% :D

Had "Session 2" ;) earlier today as well, hopefullly i'll be feeling fit as a fiddle soon :lol:

:lol: Guilty as charged :p hardly secret though, i contributed to the original topic about it and posted a thread after my 1st last week :lol:

I feel a lot better after the second one, really makes a difference!

I am going to have to give it a go after all of the positive remarks about CI. Do you need to go through your general practician to schedule an appt?? Just thinking out loud here...

N8 said:

Well i think it's a great idea for me because after Joeys forked out £75 to have my bum flushed i'll be a lot more strict with what i put in my mouth :lol:

Im going to have the 2nd one before i go away.

mambobirdette said:
N8 said:

Well i think it's a great idea for me because after Joeys forked out £75 to have my bum flushed i'll be a lot more strict with what i put in my mouth :lol:

Im going to have the 2nd one before i go away.

Quote Joey "I pay to have the shit beaten out of my gf. Sorry :!: Did I say beat :?: I mean flush" :lol:

I'd recommend the book, Muscle, by Ian King and Lou Schuler. It explains how muscles work etc, then gives loads of exercises, and then three 27 week programs (beginner, intermediate and advanced). The workouts change every three weeks so it keeps it interesting, and it introduces different workout techniques, to maximise the results. I'm about half way through the intermediate one and have definitely noticed a difference!

just a few tips...

1. If you are trying to lose weight..the best time to run is in the morning on an empty stomach that way you are only burning fat

2. Your metabolism is peaking right after a workout, so drink something with lots of sugar(i.e. juice) right after a workout to increase the amount of time your metabolism peaks.

3. Cut your simple carbs after 5pm and try to cut as much complex carbs as you can after 5pm.

If you are a guy trying to get bigger....
1. Focus on eating protein throughout the day...your body can only digest about 40 grams of protein a meal so don't load up on one meal...spread it out

2. If you're into supplements, try Glutamine...it helps you not burn muscle while in the gym.

3. Try to work similar muscle parts on the same day. Chest/Tri, back/bi, chest/shoulder, legs/abs

hope this helps!

i do running on empty stomacke but i dont agree with the sugar thing, then you´ll only burn the carbs you just had! like orangejuice = pure carb! and not really good as a regular drink, only as a treat. try a glass of skimmed (proteinrich) milk, or coffee with skimmed milk and a small handful of raisins, banana or if you´re already skinny = nuts. vegetable oil is essential if you are cutting out carbs like i do!
the stuff really really works!

but avoid sugar if youre trying to lose weight! but dont forgetto eat at all, then your motabolism stopped instantly!

Fruit juices are pretty worthless as they go through your system too quickly.

Eat fruit in it's natural state instead.

I've now completely cut out drinking tea and coffee in the last month or so (was just on tea after giving up coffee in Jan) and also completely given up mid week drinking. Feel much better for it!

Back