Funkagenda WLS@Space 30.8.09

weloveliam@space

Arriving before 6pm due to Guest list rules :rolleyes: we expected it to be quiet, we were pleasantly suprised to find it quite busy already on the sunset terrace. Alex Taylor (I think it was) already had people pleasantly bopping about, there was a nice mix people already, most smiling. Is it me or have they opened up the terrace more, there seems to be more daylight shining in :confused: :?: It seemed more enclosed last year.

Jason Bye was up next, and between them they dropped the summers biggest tunes, Rose Rouge (?), Alex Cellar, Rojo Alma (?), and that great Cedric Gervais number. There were some other Jazz house tunes, they both played the one where it slows right down in the middle and a lady sings, then it kicks back in again, anyone know the name please :?: There seems to be alot of Jazz infused house songs this summer, the fad of 2009 in Ibiza, or is it everywhere ?

Up next was Alfredo with a percussionist, dont know who he was (curly hair with a hat on :confused:) :!: Alfredo played some ok numbers, some nice Latin affairs, even a flamenco type song that got me worried at first, but then it smashed it half way through, again anyone know the name :?: But again Alfredo's mixing was woeful, i noticed this last summer also, plus he doesnt really get into it, no moving about or interacting with the crowd, seem a bit miserable tbh. Must be his age :lol: Towards the end of his set it was getting very busy, not too packed where it was uncomfortable, but nicely busy with a decent crowd. I noticed there werent as many posers with their shirts of this year. :lol:

Then Alfredo made way for funkagenda. Now I wasnt expecting too much as I have heard mixed reports, though I was keen to see how he would do. Well funk me, they should get him as a resident or at least in regularly to close the sunset terrace. He blew the roof/netting off the place :eek: It reminded me off the old terrace, back in the days when it used to go off big time !! He was bouncing around himself, encouraging the punters, building them up and up, hands in the air, everyone jumping, it was mental. Now I know this sounds daft, but I cant remeber many of the tunes he played, yes I was a little :eek: but I was just lost in the atmosphere. I remeber a bootleg with a little bit of sweet dreams in it, and a version of Daft Punk's around the world, but thats it really :oops: I do remember he didnt play a great deal of his own, which was cool. It was mazing, everyone, and I mean everyone was loving it, I didnt want it to end. He absolutely Smashed it.

I read on his facebook page he thought it was his best gig hes ever done. And I'm glad I was there. It was the first time in years it felt like the old terrace 8)

Was anyone else there :?: What did you think :?:

Hey sorry to go a bit off topic but when I was there Alfredo smashed it! He played the last set. I'd never really thought about him before or wished to see him but I loved the latin style tunes that sounded a bit hmmmm whats this then suddenly bam in your face! I think from what everyone says on here and the differences of opinions that DJs clearly have days just like the rest of us where they think "No! I really don't wanna go to work!" lol:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
You beat me to it! Just posted our review up here:

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=64073

Hands down the BEST terrace set we have ever seen. He absolutely smashed it! So pleased we were there. Just disappointed it is all over...wish we could do it again :lol:

I have a video of the opening tune he played I will share once I can get it uploaded.

ps. some of the tunes he played included:

FLG and F-Man - The Joker
MK & Funkergenda - The Man With The Red Face
Olav Basoski & Erick E – Don’t Turn Your Back On Me
MK & Funkergenda - Good Times

Can't remember many more as was having such a good time!

Hey sorry to go a bit off topic but when I was there Alfredo smashed it! He played the last set. I'd never really thought about him before or wished to see him but I loved the latin style tunes that sounded a bit hmmmm whats this then suddenly bam in your face!

I think its different when you are closing the terrace, and this time Alfredo wasnt, last year he was different when he closed it, but again his mixing wasnt up tp much. Like I said he played some nice tunes, but he just didnt seem too interested :confused: ;)

Hands down the BEST terrace set we have ever seen. He absolutely smashed it! So pleased we were there. Just disappointed it is all over...wish we could do it again :lol:

I have a video of the opening tune he played I will share once I can get it uploaded.

Can't remember many more as was having such a good time!

Yeah it was definately the best I had heard since the old terrace closed. Like you, the 2 hours went too quick, I was a bit annoyed when it had to finish :spank:

Let us know when you post the vid. There arent any yet on youtube, i'll keep looking, also on the WLS website.

And again I cant remember too many songs as i was going a bit mental :oops: But he didnt drag his own tunes on too much, he only played them for a bit, which was refreshing. 8)

I hope they sincerely get him back for the sunset terrace, I cant imagine his sets for the Swedish in Pacha quite had the same effect :lol:

funkagenda. Now I wasnt expecting too much as I have heard mixed reports, though I was keen to see how he would do. Well funk me, they should get him as a resident or at least in regularly to close the sunset terrace. He blew the roof/netting off the place :eek:
Sounds like a blast, Liam.
I saw the boy play out here a few weeks ago. Totally rocked the place. 8)
Sadly, I've just got Alfredo and MNYC as terrace closers for my 2 upcoming We Loves :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzFzN1WRExg The start of his set 8)
Cheers Alfonse ;)

No worries. Yep I think we need to bombard we love with emails and a pertition to get him back next year!!!! Looking forward to their video. They must know it was special too so fingers crossed.

Ps. I saw him at Pacha in June for Morillo and he was great then too but the atmosphere just does not compare in the slightest to last Sunday. Is why Space will always be my fave club (personally am not a fan of Pacha).

Pps. MYNC should be wicked too! They are great for mixing things up a bit and getting the crowd going. Hopefully this is a sign of the terrace getting back to where it belongs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pps. MYNC should be wicked too! They are great for mixing things up a bit and getting the crowd going. Hopefully this is a sign of the terrace getting back to where it belongs!
Really? I've heard mixed things about them (mostly negative, actually) but I suppose I should give them a try and see for myself...

Sounds like a blast, Liam.
I saw the boy play out here a few weeks ago. Totally rocked the place. 8)
Sadly, I've just got Alfredo and MNYC as terrace closers for my 2 upcoming We Loves :cry:

Mate, I'd heard mixed reports so didnt have any expectations of sorts. But I think his style suits the sunshine terrace perfectly, It was epic.

I'm sure you'll have a blast, like last year. Alfredo did a decent enough job last time, but I feel he just isnt as passionate about it anymore.

All I can say, is if you are planning to go next year around the closings, try to book if he's playing, I'll defo be there 8)

No worries. Yep I think we need to bombard we love with emails and a pertition to get him back next year!!!! Looking forward to their video. They must know it was special too so fingers crossed.

Ps. I saw him at Pacha in June for Morillo and he was great then too but the atmosphere just does not compare in the slightest to last Sunday. Is why Space will always be my fave club (personally am not a fan of Pacha).

Do you live there then :?: Yeah I cant imagine his style suits the Pacha crowds as much, Space loved him :lol:

Please pm me or post here if you find more vids, and likewise. ;)

Mate, I'd heard mixed reports so didnt have any expectations of sorts. But I think his style suits the sunshine terrace perfectly, It was epic.

I'm sure you'll have a blast, like last year. Alfredo did a decent enough job last time, but I feel he just isnt as passionate about it anymore.

All I can say, is if you are planning to go next year around the closings, try to book if he's playing, I'll defo be there 8)

Do you live there then :?: Yeah I cant imagine his style suits the Pacha crowds as much, Space loved him :lol:

Please pm me or post here if you find more vids, and likewise. ;)

Unfortunately not...just been very lucky this year in that we saved for so long we managed to make a couple of trips out. Have had to do it carefully but is great to come back!

ps. will do!

weloveliam@space;1300586I remeber a bootleg with a little bit of sweet dreams in it said:
Adam is well hot right now, both as a DJ & a Producer!
Think i'm right in saying that the Sweet Dreams sample is at the start of his tune WFT & the Daft Punk re edit he did for Miami last year!!

Adam is well hot right now, both as a DJ & a Producer!
Think i'm right in saying that the Sweet Dreams sample is at the start of his tune WFT & the Daft Punk re edit he did for Miami last year!!

You're telling me he's hot !!! The guy just suited Space soooo much, they absolutely loved him. And according to him, the tweerterholic he is :lol:, he said it was one of his best sets ever !!

Re the bootleg, thats the one, it was part of What the f*** !! Sweet 8)

We seen Funkagenda play last week at Pacha before Angello and Ingrosso and he smashed it! Finished his set with Mark Knight & Funkagenda - Good Times and went off. He really got in to it and got the crowd going. I'm defintely going to see him again :)

OMFG Out of all the years ive been going to space Ive never ever seen the terrace go off like that before, Funkagenda were awesome, the best ive seen! I was also in there from 6PM and I thought the music was gettin progressively better throughout the night leading up to Funkagenda completely smashing it in the end

I thought Alfredo did quite well actually, he nearly ****ed up his first mix but apart from that I thought his set was pretty good. Ive seen him alot worse than that! The jazzy tune Liam was asking about is called GRAMAPHONEDZIE - WHY DONT YOU. They actually played it twice, Alex Taylor and Alfredo. Alfredo also played a wicked version of the LAMBADA! Need to get hold of that. If you like that sort of stuff also get hold of OLIVER TWIZT - ANOTHER STEP, similar sort of thing

As for Funkagendas set He started off with La roux then brought in CIREZ D - ON OFF, think the accapella over that was CHRIS LAKE - PICTURES. The tune after that was FEDDE LE GRAND - AMPLIFIER. He also played a new mix of a coldplay song but not sure what it was if anyone knows then let me know!

As for Funkagendas set He started off with La roux then brought in CIREZ D - ON OFF, think the accapella over that was CHRIS LAKE - PICTURES. The tune after that was FEDDE LE GRAND - AMPLIFIER. He also played a new mix of a coldplay song but not sure what it was if anyone knows then let me know!

Just went back through our camera and found this short but kicking video of the Coldplay track. Woohoo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSpa7p8alB8

I heard Oliver Lang play the Coldplay remix at Bora Bora and Mark Knight played it at Space. Does anybody know who it's by?

P.S. @ weloveliam... Alfredo dropped that flamencoey tune I think when we were there.. it was kind of long and didn't seem right people started to look concerned the next minute Boooshh it went off, has to be the same one :)

P.S. @ weloveliam... Alfredo dropped that flamencoey tune I think when we were there.. it was kind of long and didn't seem right people started to look concerned the next minute Boooshh it went off, has to be the same one :)

;);) Thats it, everyone was looking around thinking, wtf, then boooom !!:D

Back