forum policies

mc007

No longer active
I have to difficulties to post a job offer, it seems to be deleted all the time. can somebody help whats right and wrong to post here ?

what he said. our rules are few and simple: no inhumanity to man and no links to sites which are competition to ourselves. that's why your clubbing calendar/ticket purchase site was removed from our forum.

thanks for the hint. I understood. Btw, its not the website we wanted to promote, it was about two very useful mobile applications(iphone,nokia,...), for the peoples pocket :). We are glad to connect it with spot-light in terms of community building and extending, as far it is desired at all.

anyway, gotcha, mc

4 legs good.......

ra3l86.gif

"...
Beach Legislation

From last week DOGS have now been BANNED FROM ALL BEACHES in the municipality.

The Councillor for Tourism, Maria Angeles Mostazo, explained that she had received
many complaints about the matter from owners of beach concessions and members
of the public.

For this reason, dog owners walking their pooches on the municipality beaches
will face fines of up to €750 ...
..."
(ibiza-sun)

ps:
what/which ones exactly are "municipality beaches" ?

well i must say it is very bad in playa den bossa along beach front passed the algarb hotel.the worst place is along santa eulalia prom.not for the dogs but the amount of mess there is on it.

would like to see the first person to be fined

I think my thread asking about a particular apartment was deleted. If that is the case, it's pretty wack how things are run. If the mods ever want this to take off, they should be more lenient with the rules. You want as many people coming to the forum as possible who you can promote hotel/apt booking to. just my opinion.

ibiza spotlight is a business which sells accommodation. i'm happy to promote hotel/apt bookings which are on our site. i'm not happy to promote those which are not. simple.

May be its easy for you but most of the people come to a forum for exchange. Thats why a business site is not the same as a forum, especially when your community reached a critical mass. Well, most of the time. However, thanks for clarification.

there should be no need for clarification. every person who joins this forum ticks a box which states i have read, understand and will adhere to the rules. if you don't tick, you don't join.

May be its easy for you but most of the people come to a forum for exchange. Thats why a business site is not the same as a forum, especially when your community reached a critical mass. Well, most of the time. However, thanks for clarification.
The reality is, this is the best Ibiza forum on the 'net. And Ibiza-Spotlight is the best overall Ibiza resource. Keeping those things up costs time and money. The business side of the site makes up for those costs.

Those of us who've been around for a while and enjoyed using the forum, club guides, beach guides, etc. are perfectly happy with the way things are run.

yeah, I agree with your View. Its still the best forum. The problem was rather that it is not very clear what could be a competition to the spotlight. For me its looking like any other internet tourist guide. The fact that we cant speak here about alternatives offers to the usual business being promoted by spotlight on their main site or even just make constructive critics in a forum is just a bit disappointing, isn't ? However, as Stephen said, take it or leave it but a community shouldn't be censored by a profit oriented business and are definitely 2 separate things. If you indeed make money with the main site, I am happy for you but I doubt that ever ever a venue is checking the forum that people could speak about an alternative or whatsoever...

So finally, the forum guide could be a bit more precise, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my thread asking about a particular apartment was deleted. If that is the case, it's pretty wack how things are run. If the mods ever want this to take off, they should be more lenient with the rules. You want as many people coming to the forum as possible who you can promote hotel/apt booking to. just my opinion.

Yeah, it'll never work, this Spotlight thing.:lol:

yeah, I agree with your View. Its still the best forum. The problem was rather that it is not very clear what could be a competition to the spotlight. For me its looking like any other internet tourist guide. The fact that we cant speak here about alternatives offers to the usual business being promoted by spotlight on their main site or even just make constructive critics in a forum is just a bit quite disappointing, isn't ? However, as Stephen said, take it or leave it but a community shouldn't be censored by a profit oriented business and are definitely 2 separate things. If you indeed make money with the main site, I am happy for you but I doubt that ever ever a venue is checking the forum that people could speak about an alternative or whatsoever...

So finally, the forum guide could be a bit more precise, I guess.

Anyone smell bull?

You initial posts here were an attempt to advertise a poor imitation of certain features of this site. You've posted on another thread that the site is limited because such things are not allowed.

As I said in one of those threads, me setting up a grocery stall in the fruit and veg isle of my local Tescos wouldn't be acceptable to them. I'd be taking the p1ss. Likewise, they have an advertisement board for local businesses. I doubt they'd accept an advert fot the local mini-mart.

It's not rocket science, Einstein.

Back