forum policies

well the fact still remains the same : community should not be censored.

And about the poor imitation :), It would be great if you extend then your calendar also for the local residents or any non-mass-tourism events. Otherwise we won't do it then.
Anyway, our site is just a webview, we are on mobile.

Thanks for the nice conversation, I really admire your work guys.

well the fact still remains the same : community should not be censored.

And about the poor imitation :), It would be great if you extend then your calendar also for the local residents or any non-mass-tourism events. Otherwise we won't do it then.
Anyway, our site is just a webview, we are on mobile.

Thanks for the nice conversation, I really admire your work guys.

You might want to scan that and have another go. We'll converse even better if you make your point intelligible.

I don't know who do you mean by 'we' but it doesn't matter that much when I see which attitude we got due this conversation, or do you really want to discuss community yet ?

I don't know who do you mean by 'we' but it doesn't matter that much when I see which attitude we got due this conversation, or do you really want to discuss community yet ?

We, i.e., you and I, were conversing.

This community, which recently you recently became active in, is funded entirely by a private enterprise. If I walk into your front room and but my feet up on your coffee table, you'll ask me not to. Your house, your rules, see?

Apologies if I was little tetchy, but you might want to put some significant input into a community before demanding change within it.

Looks better :) Yeah mainly I really agree with the most things. Just as reminder, me and probably some other mini-marts were probably confused that some things are not possible here. So before I proceed with splitting hairs too much, I am fine we got all said and further readers/poster will understand the policies better.

So, have a nice day and hope see you soon here in paradise, mc

Looks better :) Yeah mainly I really agree with the most things. Just as reminder, me and probably some other mini-marts were probably confused that some things are not possible here. So before I proceed with splitting hairs too much, I am fine we got all said and further readers/poster will understand the policies better.

So, have a nice day and hope see you soon here in paradise, mc

That seems far too reasonable. I think someone broke the internet!

Cheers. Enjoy!

thanks for explaining all that buckley :)

mc, it is exactly as buckley and stephen have said. it is a private forum and wouldn't be where it is without a great deal of hard work behind the scenes by moderators and co-workers to keep it running bug-free and friendly. it is also very much a part of the Ibiza Spotlight website, which clearly sells hotels and club tickets.

this is why we are very strict about promotion of competing sites.

if you have an issue with the forum rules, please contact one of the moderators or administrators direct and do not comment in public.

thanks

Yeah, it'll never work, this Spotlight thing.:lol:

Spotlight as an Ibiza resource is the best in my opinion, but from an accommodation booking standpoint, it still doesn't hold a candle to the mainstream hotel booking sites.

From a marketing perspective, and again this is just my opinion, I think it would be wiser to allow discussion of any and all accommodation because even if spotlight doesn't offer booking for Hotel X, someone googling Hotel X will get Spotlight as a result because as the ultimate Ibiza source, it will be covered ether in the forums or on the main site. Then from there they will be exposed to Spotlight's selection, which is great by the way.

For example, try to google the apartments that I posted about earlier (before it got deleted). Te first result will display spotlight forums.

The forums is a good tool to promote the site services, and that means you want as many people browsing the forums as possible. If spotlight does in fact have competitive rates, then you want site exposure more than anything else and limiting people to only discuss your accomodation will limit exposure.

Again, just my opinion. Either way, this is a great site.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't agree with your first point, based on my experience of the mainstream hotel booking sites. their failings include inaccurate maps, searches which produce hotels 20 kms away from where i wan't to book, poor descriptions and bad english in the (translated) text and no information on the destination. i also think our aftersales service is much better - you can actually talk to a real person really easily - so i'd rather not give links to these companies on our site.

if you needed any proof of this, just take a look at all the people who come here looking for information about hotels they've booked elsewhere.

Spotlight as an Ibiza resource is the best in my opinion, but from an accommodation booking standpoint, it still doesn't hold a candle to the mainstream hotel booking sites.

In my opinion Spotlight has the easiest and most straightforward booking format.

Its easy to navigate, precise and as Stephen pointed out a dedicated backroom team.

The mainstream sites can have a lot of bugs in them and small print associated to the booking which can also be drawn out with unnecessary fields of information required.

In my opinion Spotlight has the easiest and most straightforward booking format.

Its easy to navigate, precise and as Stephen pointed out a dedicated backroom team.

The mainstream sites can have a lot of bugs in them and small print associated to the booking which can also be drawn out with unnecessary fields of information required.

I agree with you, but in terms of financial success, I highly suspect the mainstream booking sites are much more successful. That is what I meant.

I've given Spotlight's team a call when I've needed to change bookings. Always helpful.

Once, a hotel was showing no occupancy online at Spotlight's special discounted rate, but on it's own website had a few rooms left for 20% more money. I just called up Spotlight and they got me into the hotel at the lower rate. Result!

Really, always better to go with a local team than one of those uber-booking sites. I often wish, when traveling to other destinations, that I knew of a similar trustworthy service locally.

Yes but they have a worldwide chain of hotels on their books, Spotlight just has Ibiza.

- @ForumPolicies : Asking about a specific event (with link to Facebook) is also a problem.

... Asking about a specific event (with link to Facebook)
is also a problem.
"...
** PLEASE ONLY ACCEPT IF YOU ARE ABLE TO CONFIRM BY PAYING IN ADVANCE **
..."

mc007 - whats going on with you ?

the only explanation i have for that strange stuff you posted lately
is that someone has hijacked your account, because your older posts
didn´t lead me to believe you are that naive or even stupid !

As I'am not a clubber or such I was just asking whether it was a fraud, it was for sure suspicious to me, but you never know. So forgive my stupidity. However, "Gute Besserung" auch. And don't forget, I was fighting for a neutral forum.

Asking about a specific event which is clearly a fraud (with link to Facebook so some spotlighters might end up being ripped-off) is also a problem, a BIG problem.

a bit of common sense, please ! !

strange anyway, 202 confirmed guests, people we even know by self. Also on rental services for Ibiza there are more and more tricky cheats. We've been reporting those but some sites are very slow to take it off.

Back