Formentera

lostinspace said:
I would def recommend a day out to this beautiful island. Boat ride is a bit choppy, but worth it when you get there. I'm so glad we took time out from the Ibiza mayhem and went.

Just hope it stays the way it is. I heard, but not sure it's supposed to be protected from development :?: :?:

yes, they must keep it the same.

I hope so, I was very plesantly surprised when I got there. Also found it very romantic. :D Nice place to go with your other half!

I agree with the above, great place to go for the day and chill out. We found a great lil bay with crystal clear water. The only downside was a rather large yokel who pranced around naked splashing everyone...

A good way to get around is on a bike, when you come off the boat there's loads of lil places to hire bikes and stuff from and its well worth it to see the island. Good thing about the bikes were they were those ones that dont have brakes. U have to stop the pedals from turning to slow down. This led me to trying to ride along then do a backwards wheelspin! To be fair it was when i was a bit younger! One thing i do remember if you're gunna hire a bike, be careful about burning your neck because you'll be in the sun all the time when riding.

formetera

dont do what we did, went to ibiza town and got on the big fast boat to formetera 49 euros for the 30 min trip (3 adults 1 child) sat down on seats and realised that the tickets were one way, we only had 50 euros as we were taking our own picnic, so we had to get off, else we would of been stranded on the most expensive island with no money and a screaming child.
i think its alot cheaper with the slower boats (1 hour)

so we got pretty close to visiting but it all went tits up.

We went to formentera last thurs there are 3 types of boat
1 takes 25 mins and is about 50 euro's return
1 takes 35 mins and was about 40 euro's return
1 takes about an hour and is about 30 euro's return
There are lots of things to see and a few beaches although quite a lot are rocky.
There is a bus that goes from the port down to es pinar at the bottom tip of the island.
There is a large strip of beach nr the port which was quite nice and we also went to a place called es calo which was good for snorkelling
Although i managed to stand on a sea enenemy which left 8 or 9 spikes in my big toe. Had to find a pin and tweezers and get them out.
That kind of ruined the rest of the day. but i still got a nice tan.

technoboy said:
DONT GO TO FORMENTERA PLEASE !

lets keep the island wild , dont make a new ibiza :cry:

technoboy, you cant tell people NOT to go... its one of the best things they can do whilst in ibiza! Generally people only go for one day anyway and they dont go in the hope that people in formentera might build big clubs or loud bars, they go for what is already there... ie very little! After several days of alcohol induced brain cell slaughter this is one amazing must-do day to get away from it all and REALLY feel like you are on holiday. Its like sugar... you wont know what you are missing until you have tried it once!

klingclubber said:
get the boat over from ibiza town right?

You can also get the boat over from san an bay if this is where you are staying tracy, it takes considerably longer (about 2hrs) but it is still quite a pleasant journey with lots of chances to see ibiza's south coast and also to top up on your tan in the cool breeze. If you dont go I may just have to come round and slap yer a*s when you get back!! :twisted:

Back