Formentera advice

Amigo

I haven't ventured over to Formerntera in years so might go back this summer. Any tips for good (reasonably/sensibly priced) places to eat on some of the main beaches or any worth seeking out? Not too much of a trek as we have two young 'uns. Cheers.

Dunno about reasonable, apart from some beachfront cafes in Es Pujols. Everything seemed pretty pricey in Formentera.

If your not looking to spend much dough you cant go wrong with a picnic! Stock up on tasty treats from Tami's in La Savina (the spinach quiche is tremendous!) and head to the beach!

Heres a pic of our picnic at faro de la mola, where we were joined by a couple of friendly geckos :)

rsz_12016-06-13_210312.jpg

Sorry, but I had no internet axess.
Kiosco S´abeuradeta de Bartolo in Es Pujols, the tourist town(?) Calle miramar just to the right at the end of the beach.
Kiosko 62 at migjorn beach near gecko beach club.Just after San Fernando and Motel ses roques, is another favorit of mine.
The most famous ones are Blue Bar little futher on and Piratebus Bar and Flippers and Chillers Both at Km11. I don´t go to the other ones like lucky.

Last edited:
Hi all

Long time lurker, first time poster. This June will be my 10th trip to Ibiza and shamefully have never made it to Formentera. Already counting down the days until my trip so wanting to get hotels and everything booked now!

We fly into Ibiza on 2 June (Friday) and were thinking to go to Formentera on the Tuesday (after we have recovered from Cocoon the night before). Our flight back to London is very late Thursday night/Friday morning (9 june). Would two days be enough to get a good experience of Formentera? Any must-do things that people recommend? Would also appreciate tips for hotels and restaurants. We are planning on staying at Boutique Hostal Salinas while in Ibiza so would love something of a similar standard/style in Formentera.

Thanks!

music to my ears! Thanks Stivi!

no problem. only discovered it a year ago or so myself. it's not a cheap wine for spanish standards, but it's worth it. I was always disappointed with the ibicenco red wines (the white ones I like though), but finally there's a local red I really like!

I'd really like to have a day trip to Formentera this year, am I right in thinking you can get the fast ferry (30 minute) from San An in July? I just can't seem to find any details of this route on the internet, just 'Ibiza-Formentera' which I'm assuming is the port.

Was on Formentera on Tuesday, called at the ferry office on the port and managed to get a day return on the car ferry (as a passenger) for 20e which included a free drink out and back; so cheaper than Aquabus then!

Although the ferry look a bit old and battered "Posidon" it's very nice inside, bar (what else!!), comfy seats, plenty of room, good toilets and outside decks for sunning yourself. Interesting mix of passengers from beach lovers to travel-weary lorry drivers. Takes an hour but worth it for the views from the panorama deck, as it's higher than Aquabus, Captain Hook or even the regular jets.

Was on Formentera on Tuesday, called at the ferry office on the port and managed to get a day return on the car ferry (as a passenger) for 20e which included a free drink out and back; so cheaper than Aquabus then!

Although the ferry look a bit old and battered "Posidon" it's very nice inside, bar (what else!!), comfy seats, plenty of room, good toilets and outside decks for sunning yourself. Interesting mix of passengers from beach lovers to travel-weary lorry drivers. Takes an hour but worth it for the views from the panorama deck, as it's higher than Aquabus, Captain Hook or even the regular jets.

Out of interest, who was the ferry operator? And did you just rock up and get that price or was a haggle involved? And time did it depart/return?

Back