Formentera advice

Hola! Currently in Formentera and have decided to rent a car tomorrow (Saturday 20th July)
If anyone has any ideas let us know your top 3 sightseeing points/cafe restaurants/quirky shops for the missus. Any ideas will
Be greatly appreciated. 😁

Hola! Currently in Formentera and have decided to rent a car tomorrow (Saturday 20th July)
If anyone has any ideas let us know your top 3 sightseeing points/cafe restaurants/quirky shops for the missus. Any ideas will
Be greatly appreciated. 😁

definitely drive up to la mola and its lighthouse - if you're up for a bit of a hike there's a cave not too far from that lighthouse but I appreciate it's very hot right now. then on the way back stop at 'es mirador' for the nice views over pretty much the entire flat bit of the island.

if you're up early you could go to calo d'es mort for a nice morning swim too before the masses arrive. although judging by the wind forecast, tomorrow the nicest spots for a swim should be es caló as well as llevant on the opposite side of illetas.

stop by cala en baster too if you've never been.

best sunset vibes are either in cala saona or down by faro de barbaria lighthouse.

and yes, all of that can easily be done in one day!

definitely drive up to la mola and its lighthouse - if you're up for a bit of a hike there's a cave not too far from that lighthouse but I appreciate it's very hot right now. then on the way back stop at 'es mirador' for the nice views over pretty much the entire flat bit of the island.

if you're up early you could go to calo d'es mort for a nice morning swim too before the masses arrive. although judging by the wind forecast, tomorrow the nicest spots for a swim should be es caló as well as llevant on the opposite side of illetas.

stop by cala en baster too if you've never been.

best sunset vibes are either in cala saona or down by faro de barbaria lighthouse.

and yes, all of that can easily be done in one day!
Thanks for reply. Will def go to lighthouse at la mola as we are not too far away. Staying right next to Calo des mort and think we walked past today. Wife says I’m accident prone and she doesn’t trust me walking down the roped steps, but will try and persuade her to do it Sunday.
Also will try the other spots. Once I’ve planned my route.
Appreciate the advice 👍

Had a great road trip today. Started at Illetas managed to walk far enough past the rocky hill to see both sides and had a dip in the clear turquoise sea, so good to swim in.
Had a drive through the back routes to Cala saona and stopped for a refreshing Fanta limon. Then drove to the lighthouse at cap de barbaria,walked up the hill see the lighthouse but thought it was too far to hike. Especially as my son was hungry so we found a nice restaurant/bar hotel called bungalows es pins emar hotels. Bit of a wait but worth if for the food.
Then lastly we headed to la
Mola lighthouse. Wow this was superb the setting and views was breathtaking. Shame we didn’t save ourselves for food at the restaurant as that would have been perfect. Then driving back to see the views overlooking Formentera was amazing, unfortunately didn’t get the chance to stop to take it all in.
Overall great day out and thanks Stivi for your advice. 👍

Had a drive through the back routes to Cala saona and stopped for a refreshing Fanta limon. Then drove to the lighthouse at cap de barbaria,walked up the hill see the lighthouse but thought it was too far to hike.
It's a real pity you can no longer drive directly to this lighthouse. I personally find the dry Martian landscape on Cap de Barbaria a lot more interesting than the landscape along the road to the other lighthouse. Not sure what the issue is - there used to be a large parking lot right by the lighthouse.

DSCF9498r.JPG
(photo from 2008)

The beach at Es Pujols might be my fave in the whole of Spain. Cycle down from port and grab a bite at the Roca Bella. Run by a lovely family I've known for many years.

It's a real pity you can no longer drive directly to this lighthouse. I personally find the dry Martian landscape on Cap de Barbaria a lot more interesting than the landscape along the road to the other lighthouse. Not sure what the issue is - there used to be a large parking lot right by the lighthouse.

View attachment 17839
(photo from 2008)
Yeah was a shame. Looked too far away and as it’s so hot would have been a mistake if we Did walk it.

Last edited:
The beach at Es Pujols might be my fave in the whole of Spain. Cycle down from port and grab a bite at the Roca Bella. Run by a lovely family I've known for many years.
Back to Ibiza tomorrow, will give it a try next time maybe.
Really looking forward to hearing some half decent music as well. All the hotel has played is country music and generic chart rnb and for some reason lots of cold play 🤷‍♂️.
You would have loved it 😂

Hello,

for my one week trip to Ibiza I wish to visit Fromentera, but not with the normal ferry.

- Sail-Boat
- 6-8 hours
- I need shadow
- max 150€

Is that possible?

Thanks!

decide what is more important for you

- spending a day on a boat and mainly see formentera's coastline
- actually visiting formentera and seeing all you might wanna see

if it's option 2, get the ferry over and rent a scooter/ebike/car. take brakes in the shade when you need it

Back