Foo Fighters in Ibiza?!

Jonny Kaplan & Rami Jaffee (Foo Fighters, The Wallflowers...) ofrecerán un concierto exclusivo en el hotel OD Barcelona el próximo jueves 15 de noviembre. Compañeros de viaje y camaradas por muchos años llegan a Barcelona para ofrecer un repertorio de su propio cancionero y una selección de personalísimas versiones. Les acompaña un invitado de lujo como telonero, Chris Stills (hijo de Stephen Stills), en la que será su primera visita a la ciudad.
OD Barcelona forma parte de la cadena OD Hotels, vinculada emocionalmente con el rock'n'roll y que refuerza así su apuesta por la música en directo.

https://www.cooncert.com/es/entradas/barcelona/186133-jonny-kaplan-rami-jaffee-foo-fighters-

Snapped from the recently published fabulous book Can Jordi Blues Station: 10 años de revolución cultural...

On tuesday 18th they visited the studios of Pure Ibiza Radio (David Moreno's new radio station)...
The three of them visited the studios of the (back then new) Pure Ibiza Radio. David Moreno proposed to Jessy Greene to work together, mixing folk music and electronica, and she said yes. Some time later she sent him the song "Golden hour" but he wasn't sure what to do with it, as it was very folky with a lot of violin, to the point he was about to give up. After three years working on it along with Iban Mendoza, the song came out last week.

xxx1.jpg

Was just wondering if we could we have a live music thread (a sticky maybe?) - maybe everything condensed into one thread, if not too much work? Apart from your annual Dorado live show reports, I sometimes find it hard to find live gigs. I personally am moving more in that direction away from clubbing and am sure there are other forum users who might be interested.

Was just wondering if we could we have a live music thread (a sticky maybe?) - maybe everything condensed into one thread, if not too much work? Apart from your annual Dorado live show reports, I sometimes find it hard to find live gigs. I personally am moving more in that direction away from clubbing and am sure there are other forum users who might be interested.
We need such a thread.

Great shout! A few years ago I was on a solo trip and wandering the streets late at night in Ibiza Town and stumbled across a blues bar/cafe. An amazing band was on from Chicago and there were lovely people to chat to and drink with. It was one of my favourite nights in 20 years of visiting ibiza!

...Buggered if I know where the bar is though?! Maybe the square to the left of the Dalt Villa ramp as you walk down it? Not the one immediately at the bottom of the ramp where they have a market.

Fortunately there's a lot of live music activity, which would mean too much work and, as we've seen with the DLS threads, zero feedback so not worth it.

Aside from the bands' social media, to be up to date with the coming gigs while you're here you should keep an eye on IbizaRuge, who every night mention the best ones for the next day.

Although it only includes dates in the southeast of the island (the most active when it comes to live music), the brand new Sant Josep és música also includes info about the bands, featuring bios, links to Spotify and/or Youtube, etc. Their database is still limited, as the number of local artists is much bigger, but when creating new pages for bands their priority are the ones who have dates announced in Sant Josep.

Back