Flyering work?

Fergie19 said:
Been meaning to do it for the past few years but never got round to it. Finish Uni at the end of May, so a mate and I are just gonna go for it 8).

Shouldnt be too hard to get work, and it sure beats a summer here. May not come back :lol: :lol:

i have a funny feelin i wont be comin back to "sunny Ireland" lol

cant wait to go im countin down the days....
are u headin over to work yeah??
i think it'l be easy gettin work once ur there early

kimmie :D

I might well be heading over early May time too, can't wait!!! :twisted: :D :D

My friend spent £1,000 for the whole summer last year & that's what I'm planning to bring with me... it partly depends on who you get to & what you can get free/cheap out there!! :D

there are new rules in regard to PRing... all PR's need to carry licenses which will be provided by ur employer.. they are like 1500 euros each!

i heard somewhere they were cutting off PR's but each club/bar can have one person standing outside the place they work to pull the punters in... not sure if it was crap but it was a spanish bloke on the west end that told me last year...

None of the bars really listen to that rule because the fine for catching a PR person is only around EUR 300!! Unless they increase it then no one will bother...

I mean Bar Amsterdam had loads of people working for it last year!

newkid said:
there are new rules in regard to PRing... all PR's need to carry licenses which will be provided by ur employer.. they are like 1500 euros each!

i heard somewhere they were cutting off PR's but each club/bar can have one person standing outside the place they work to pull the punters in... not sure if it was crap but it was a spanish bloke on the west end that told me last year...

This rule was in place last year,..u just got to be carefull, its not so bad when its busy, but towards the end of the season it gets tough,....i saw many pr's getting fined, some more than once on the same night! :eek:

in 2002 i left england on the 7th of april with £850 in my bank account, a weeks accomodation in a hotel and no guaranteed job, i was out there til the 18th of october, and i survived okay

as soon as you get there youll get to know people, and start paying for less and less throughout the season, if you really wanna do it, you will no matter how much you take with you

a few people left around july cos they couldnt 'be without money', which i understand, but if you can survive being a bit skint its pretty easy, its like one big family, everyone helps each other out

good luck people, you will love it!
xx

Totally Spangled said:
None of the bars really listen to that rule because the fine for catching a PR person is only around EUR 300!! Unless they increase it then no one will bother...

I mean Bar Amsterdam had loads of people working for it last year!

it was a 2k fine in 2002 i totalled up 6k in fines :D

kazza said:
in 2002 i left england on the 7th of april with £850 in my bank account, a weeks accomodation in a hotel and no guaranteed job, i was out there til the 18th of october, and i survived okay

as soon as you get there youll get to know people, and start paying for less and less throughout the season, if you really wanna do it, you will no matter how much you take with you

a few people left around july cos they couldnt 'be without money', which i understand, but if you can survive being a bit skint its pretty easy, its like one big family, everyone helps each other out

good luck people, you will love it!
xx

thats made me feel a bit better...thanks 8) how long did it take you to get a job?

thats back in 2002... things have changed a bit since then... though its true you can survive if your willing to try... its just that last year i saw too many people come and go because they couldn't get work or got fed of too many hours and not enough pay... pressure from bosses... etc etc...

get in with a job, stay dedicated and you'll be fine..

i dont mind working hard hours, im used to doing that now in the uk ffs. but you need a we bit of time to yourself to enjoy the island! as long as my employer is fair and easy to get along with i dont mind putting in the hours. after all ill be in the best island in the world... sun, sea , sand, sex , clubs , sunsets may i go on!

im getting excited just thinking about it!! i really am going to save soooo hard till i go! not going out for the next few months :D

i cant wait to get over there i swear...
i dont care who i work for and wat im doin..
i mean hard work is fine with me.. at one stage i was workin 7 nights here doin promo n it was hard work.. had my body clock rightly f**ked.. party'n
and workin all night and sleepin all day.. wasn a gud routine but at least over ther i can go lie on the beach... dont quite have that option here in dublin... lol

roll on the summer ay? 8)

*kimmie*

work in ibiza

hey everyone, me n 2 of my mates r flying out 2 ibiza end of may so if any1 knows of any jobs or where the best places to look are, i'd appreciate any replies! i went to ibiza twice last year so i kinda know my way around... would love to work somewhere like kanya etc.. cheers x

Back