Flights to Ibiza

Flights with easyJet on sale for next summer today up until August end

Although if you're stuck to the school holidays, flights are already getting high. Looked at flying out 22 May for my husband (who's a teacher) and it's already over £200 ONE way from Gatwick. LOL!!!

However, I'm hoping that's down to a price surge due to lots of people booking today and it 'might' come down a little.

I should have booked first thing!

£200 one way is crazy. I would wait it out a bit @Clara Last year we booked easyJet flights from Belfast at £830 in early October 2018 for July 2019 (July from 12th onwards is a huge holiday period in Northern Ireland so £830 is about £170 cheaper than usual tbh) The “Hurry. Last 4 seats at this price” was flashing up so we just nabbed them to get it done.

By next morning they had dropped to £630! By chance later that day I noticed on the booking email that if you cancel within 24 hours you get a full refund minus £27 cancellation fee. So I did that and scooped the other flights for £630. Others I know booked the same flight just two months before departure and got them for the same price as us. Total mind melt.

I guess you cannot predict demand it is one of those things... A gamble really you are getting the seat at the lowest price.

You have to pick a sensible price limt dependant on travel time.

For me return-
School hols £225
Other times £150
Out of “season” £125

Anything else is a bonus

You have to pick a sensible price limt dependant on travel time.

For me return-
School hols £225
Other times £150
Out of “season” £125

Anything else is a bonus

This is the one that's most challenging in recent years, only achievable away from weekend fare loading. I assume these are fares without luggage, seat assignment etc. because those easily add on another £60 whatever time of year you travel. Last year you were looking at £200 return from London in Winter on the direct flights unless you got an exceptionally empty date.

This is the one that's most challenging in recent years, only achievable away from weekend fare loading. I assume these are fares without luggage, seat assignment etc. because those easily add on another £60 whatever time of year you travel. Last year you were looking at £200 return from London in Winter on the direct flights unless you got an exceptionally empty date.
More often than not, hand luggage only.
In Feb, three of us managed 1 x 22kg bag plus 10kg carry on each for a week in Lanzaroteez

If it’s just two of us then I may pre-book seats if I got a good flight deal?

If a family and one is U18 I’m sure they (jet2 at least) will always sit you together,

This Oct I’ve paid for priority check in with Ryanair to get the full hand luggage but the base flights were only £60 return.

Last edited:
skyscanner is good for monitoring flight prices

It can be used to setup alerts so you get an email when the price changes.

£200 one way is crazy.

That particular date is always really expensive - start of school half-term, IMS weekend, plus openings. It was over £300 the last two years. Thankfully my flight out a few days earlier for IMS is much, much cheaper so we split the difference. 'Cause I'm nice!

I booked Easyjet flights last night for £175 for 2 of us with one case. Going 2nd June for a week. Didn't particularly want to go Tues-Tues but that was the cheapest option. Although maybe a false economy as we were only planning 4 nights and now staying for 7! The hardship of it!

My return flight next week was with Thomas Cook, who are in a spot of bother and might not make it through the night....
So earlier today I booked my rescue flight with vuelling, £120, two parts with a change at Barcelona T1.
Never transferred a flight before, I will have my hand luggage and boarding pass, and the second leg is the same company so what would I go at T1, simply follow transfer signs?

Basically, yes. If it's T1 to T1 it's very easy. Does your travel insurance have SAFI cover (Scheduled Airline Failure Insurance) ?

Thomas Cook asking UK government for financial help, seems they need £200M within a day or two or it's administration time.

Government may help as there's approx 150,000 people abroad with them right now and would cost a whopping £600M to fly those home ?

Also interesting times for 2020 if we are down to just Tui and Jet2 as major package holiday companies in the UK.

Basically, yes. If it's T1 to T1 it's very easy. Does your travel insurance have SAFI cover (Scheduled Airline Failure Insurance) ?
No, I left that out as there's £100 excess on top of the extra so reckoned I can cover the risk. In over 40 years of flying, let's say 8 flights a year on average and this is my first airline failure, not bad odds!
I also have a £500 budget if I have to return home early (illness etc) so I can dip into that. No financial worries, just want to get home - but with more airlines going bust these days (it seems) I will consider the extra insurance next year.
Thanks for the info on T1 - how long would a minimum be to transfer; 15-20 mins? I suppose if the inward flight is delayed they could contact the gate for me - after all it's the same airline!

No, I left that out as there's £100 excess on top of the extra so reckoned I can cover the risk. In over 40 years of flying, let's say 8 flights a year on average and this is my first airline failure, not bad odds!
I also have a £500 budget if I have to return home early (illness etc) so I can dip into that. No financial worries, just want to get home - but with more airlines going bust these days (it seems) I will consider the extra insurance next year.
Thanks for the info on T1 - how long would a minimum be to transfer; 15-20 mins? I suppose if the inward flight is delayed they could contact the gate for me - after all it's the same airline!

Yeah biggest issue is delays and getting held up disembarking. Vueling are worse than Ryanair as an airline plus horrendously unreliable. But if you have a through ticket not separate ones they are obliged to rebook you if you miss connection and get you home just tell them on board if time is tight.

Yeah biggest issue is delays and getting held up disembarking. Vueling are worse than Ryanair as an airline plus horrendously unreliable. But if you have a through ticket not separate ones they are obliged to rebook you if you miss connection and get you home just tell them on board if time is tight.
I hate Vueling.

I hate Vueling.
Never used them - but part of my ticket allows me to catch an earlier flight on the same day, so could do that and if it's cancelled ask them to put me on the one I should have been on. Got two shots at getting to Barcelona for 1740, the flight I have booked (around 12-ish), if that's cancelled then there's one around 1420 and then the one which really would be a tight squeeze - around 1540. Once in Barca if the 1740 to Manchester is cancelled then I shall beg/plead them to find me a seat on the Easyjet that flies later!!

The reason timing's important is that there's NHS paid-for cover for mum up until midnight Weds, any time after that I'm beggering about trying to find flights and cover for mum 1000 miles away; stress I could do without on a rare break!!

It IS a budget airline (but then again British Airways is usually shit) so I'm not expecting a free shag from an attendant, just hope they do the job with time to spare. They are quick to respond to twitter though!!

Back