First year and best year

First year was 1997.

Best year was 1999. The trance scene was at its peak, manumission in full swing and Sundays at Space provided great variety. We were out every night!

It’s been good since and I’ve had some terrific nights on the island but 99 was the peak for me.

If we are doing worst year, 2018. After 21 years visiting the island we are still undecided about this year. We really felt the island was in decline in many ways last year, but this coincides with the way I am feeling about music too. It’s no coincidence. And reality is ibiza is aimed at younger and richer people than me. But I’m sure there is fun to be had and found.
If you love positive energy in the past was easier to find it, but now it isn't impossible, but you must to looking for it...

Last edited:
Must have been fall 1989. Stayed at Los Molinos as this was probably the only hotel open at that time of the year. Pacha was open on the weekend.
My father was looking to buy some property on Mallorca, but the reality and his expectations did not go hand in hand, so the real estate agent said that for what he is looking for, he shall take a look at Ibiza.
So here we are.

Best year sometime in the mid 90's. The pink brothel at the Jesus junction. ?
I think I spent the best after of my life in this brothel, winter 96, 97 or 98, i can't remember...
AL the manumission crew was there, and half of all the dealers of the island.
A friend of mine was working there as barman(dealer, hooker, wathever).
Ibiza best time ever

I think I spent the best after of my life in this brothel, winter 96, 97 or 98, i can't remember...
Ibiza best time ever
I want to hear more! Will you be in on island this May?

Ibiza best time ever
Is this what went on to be the Manumission Motel?

Ibiza best time ever

As the others users I'd to hear more and more about it

First year was 2003... for a long weekend when I was briefly living in the UK. I heard about Amnesia, so that's where I went. I walked into La Troya/ Espuma on the 1st night not knowing what to expect :oops:.

The rest of the weekend was spent in the West End, doing scandalous west-end stuff. I have gone back four times since, and would like to go more but I live pretty far away.

The first couple of times was with buddies and fun (03' 05), but the best times were always with my other half (10' 12' 18')... as she shares my same sick sense of humor and appreciation of the island.

First and best time was '97

7 lads on holiday, and it was a bit chaotic to say the least. From what i remember we done a fair few clubs, Privilege (the night the ceiling caught fire at Manumission), Amnesia, Space, Es Paradis and Kaos (now Eden). I was such a dj trainspotter back then.

My love affair with Ibiza tends to die-off every few years but after abstaining i always find my way back. My recent visits have been more about the people i'm with, rather than the music, but i'm still enjoying it nearly as much.

Back