First timer, just a couple of questions

James Edimburgo

I was thinking of coming to Ibiza and staying in the San Antonio town in sept, I am coming to Ibiza on my own(sad I know but I am in my thirties and don't want to wait till my forties). I am quite a confident guy who likes all kind of music and likes a bit of karaoke on holiday, I would also like to go to one of the big clubs. 1.Can someone recommend one? I know they are all very expensive but I would like to go to at least one maybe two: thurs and fri. 2. Can you suggest where not to go because of pickpockets and hookers or where to look out for them? 3. Is there a "Strip" of bars in San Antonio town? 4. Please suggest anything that you would recommend for a first timer, thanks x

I was thinking of coming to Ibiza and staying in the San Antonio town in sept, I am coming to Ibiza on my own(sad I know but I am in my thirties and don't want to wait till my forties). I am quite a confident guy who likes all kind of music and likes a bit of karaoke on holiday, I would also like to go to one of the big clubs. 1.Can someone recommend one? I know they are all very expensive but I would like to go to at least one maybe two: thurs and fri. 2. Can you suggest where not to go because of pickpockets and hookers or where to look out for them? 3. Is there a "Strip" of bars in San Antonio town? 4. Please suggest anything that you would recommend for a first timer, thanks x

Woulden’t worry about going on your own, Ibiza is a very sociable place!

Personally i’d say Pacha and Amneisa are the clubs i’d say represent Ibiza the most for their history and atmosphere. On Thursday and Friday nights you’d have David Guetta or Hot Since 82 at Pacha and Abode/Do Not Sleep or Music On at Amnesia, diverse range music and crowd wise so depends what you are in to!

Yes San Antonio has a strip, its called the West End and its impossible to miss it, hundreds of bars. The streets around it do have pickpockets and hookers, but generally they are only out as the bars close as they prey on drunk people staggering home, but its no worse than most major cities. There are also dubious characters near the Egg roundabout, watch out for the big African ladies who will try and drag you down the beach or put a bracelet on you! I’ve not had any issues in 6 years of visits though.

I’d recommend watching the sunset at Cafe Mambo/Cafe Del Mar, would also recommend Cala Gracio beach at the back of the town.

Last edited:
I was thinking of coming to Ibiza and staying in the San Antonio town in sept, I am coming to Ibiza on my own(sad I know but I am in my thirties and don't want to wait till my forties).

Nothing sad at all about making a trip to Ibiza on your own! I'm coming up on my fourth solo trip over from America, solo because it's so hard to find friends who have the time, money, and interest for making the trip. And I've enjoyed it so much I almost don't want to go with other friends now. It's nice to be able to go to whatever club you want to see, to stay out as late as you want, to sleep in as late as you want -- hit the beach or go exploring -- it's decadent to have time when you can be selfish about taking care of yourself first. And I've had so many great experiences and met so many cool people -- some who are now friends I catch up with else around Europe.

If anything's sad, it would be staying home when you have the chance to be in Ibiza!

Back