First time to Ibiza-What clubs to go to?

Hi, thanks for your reply! We may try Glitterbox but I think it would get to me after as many times as you've been aswell. None of us are into drugs, hoping we'll manage without them and be able to stay awake until they open, lol! Just purely going for love of the music and a good time. We may end up being happy with just the music they play in the bars but for me I have to experience to a club of some sort, just to say i've been there and done it. Thanks again!
Don't need drugs to have fun or keep going. Lions mane, Gurana, espresso, espresso martinis, ginseng, green tea, vitamin b complex and glucose with vitamin c tablets. Take those supplements before you head out and in between and you'll be good to go! Caffeine and l-Theanine are a great combo to keep up the energy. Buy most of that on amazon. (I'm a nutritionist so have plenty of tricks). Also rehydration sachets for after. Major help with dehydration.
Thanks Liv! Wow, 3 x a year for 17 years, hardcore! Fair shout to you! Yeah, i'm certainly not going to Ibiza for a glorified wedding disco, and slow dancing to Jolene! Lol!! Sound system is also important! Which places have the better ones? Also interested to see that nobody is recommending Ushuaia or Amnesia too much. Although maybe that's because they attract younger crowds? Pikes is getting a few recommendations, so think we'll go for that. Thanks for the reassurance that we're going to love it. I think we're all a little apprehensive but also mega excited!!!!!!!!
Who cares about the younger crowds! You shouldn't feel out of place. I don't. Pacha is beautiful, Amnesia is awesome, though I stopped going as the sound system was crap on the terrace (and no one I fancied in the club room). Can't wait to hear the new sound system now, but perhaps not quite up your street musically.....

Sound at HÎ in the main room was crap last year. DC10 has a great sound system, but it can get messy. Puts me off people falling all over the place. What about looking at Lio? Beautiful club and great sound system, smart, sophisticated and possibly a night you might like. I've also heard Heart has a good sound system. Not had the chance to go, though I think it may attract a more mature crowd. Just go with it and have the best F^%#G time of your life! ???

Thanks IbizaPaul! That's brilliant info! Pikes sounds good, might give that a go I think? and Hed Kandi is definetley tempting. Useful to know that both of those don't attract a high entry price.
I meant old school house classics, such as :- Three Drives, Chicane, Agnelli & Nelson, Lange, PVD, Ferry Corsten). I used to love Tony De Vit aswell. I know these are old now, would love to hear some of these but not expecting it. Also up for some D&B but friends may not be so keen? We shall see. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply :)
Ooh, so you like a bit of hard house. My FAVOURITE house genre. TDV, HERO! Sadly not much of that sound around. I'm looking forward to the hardhouse week in September.

i ve always warn people about flower power, even as a Rock addict (60's 70's ) i dont enjoy listen to classic rock pop song in a club

zoo project is nice on sunday, ive seen they put a party on saturday that looks good too with a mix of uk djs & ibz djs (Alfredo, Inaky Garcia el divino de ibz ,resident for those who knows ?)
pikes hotel is nice too.

cova santa if not having car ull spread money on taxis and they didnt play old school

children of 80 is fun, but one time is far enough

glitterbox at hi is recommanded if into old school house , tbh im done with this party for this year (10 last 2 years)
Defected eden closing 18 was good, i dont know about regular dates. i ve experienced one defected opening at eden boring, maybe because i was very solo n knacked that day, and having people from my whatsapp group that didnt spot me even close by 10m in smoke aera and with ☠ on,No hard feeling but those american guys go too strong with drugs ?

they play lot of house music (commercial for the purist ) at obeach but in some parties i heard some crap rnb commercial rap n so on ?
looks like at ibiza rock they play house along their pool parties but i ve never experience their parties
COVA SANTA, what about bus 8?

Don't need drugs to have fun or keep going. Lions mane, Gurana, espresso, espresso martinis, ginseng, green tea, vitamin b complex and glucose with vitamin c tablets. Take those supplements before you head out and in between and you'll be good to go! Caffeine and l-Theanine are a great combo to keep up the energy. Buy most of that on amazon. (I'm a nutritionist so have plenty of tricks). Also rehydration sachets for after. Major help with dehydration.

Who cares about the younger crowds! You shouldn't feel out of place. I don't. Pacha is beautiful, Amnesia is awesome, though I stopped going as the sound system was crap on the terrace (and no one I fancied in the club room). Can't wait to hear the new sound system now, but perhaps not quite up your street musically.....

Sound at HÎ in the main room was crap last year. DC10 has a great sound system, but it can get messy. Puts me off people falling all over the place. What about looking at Lio? Beautiful club and great sound system, smart, sophisticated and possibly a night you might like. I've also heard Heart has a good sound system. Not had the chance to go, though I think it may attract a more mature crowd. Just go with it and have the best F^%#G time of your life! ???
I started out popping the odd C or two, now I’m snorting Green Tea.
Beware!

This is honestly my experience....sorry if that puts people off or makes others angry ? The decor was cool, dancers were fun, but that's it. The awful overpowering smell of incense made me want to hurl - there was so much of it and I have an extremely acute sense of smell..... Loads of cheap tat at the entrance. I think I heard "no woman no cry" 3 times......it was like Groundhog Day. At one point hubby and I sat down and just started laughing at how shite it was! ???? It was our only night out. I actually wanted to cry with disappointment, but had to laugh at the pure total utter CHEESE! The worst part was I missed out on Resistance for some banging techno, as could only go out one night. At least it was a talking point. And definitely memorable. But not worth the money.
Think we'll give it a miss! Thanks for the heads up Liv x
This is honestly my experience....sorry if that puts people off or makes others angry ? The decor was cool, dancers were fun, but that's it. The awful overpowering smell of incense made me want to hurl - there was so much of it and I have an extremely acute sense of smell..... Loads of cheap tat at the entrance. I think I heard "no woman no cry" 3 times......it was like Groundhog Day. At one point hubby and I sat down and just started laughing at how shite it was! ???? It was our only night out. I actually wanted to cry with disappointment, but had to laugh at the pure total utter CHEESE! The worst part was I missed out on Resistance for some banging techno, as could only go out one night. At least it was a talking point. And definitely memorable. But not worth the money.
Think we'll give it a miss! Thanks for the heads up Liv x

Ooh, so you like a bit of hard house. My FAVOURITE house genre. TDV, HERO! Sadly not much of that sound around. I'm looking forward to the hardhouse week in September.
Maybe i’ve left visiting way too long and should have done it years ago. However, i’m still looking forward to what will be on offer and the general experience of it all. TDV, GOD! Enjoy Hardhouse week :)

• Love
Reactions: Liv
Hi all, is there a bus that goes to and from Pikes? If not, would it be a taxi?
Also, i'm getting the sense a little that Ibiza is geared to people with a fair bit of money or it has become that way? I'm also hoping it caters for the not so affluent visitors aswell? I guess you do what u can.
Again, thanks for any replies!

Also, i'm getting the sense a little that Ibiza is geared to people with a fair bit of money or it has become that way? I'm also hoping it caters for the not so affluent visitors aswell? I guess you do what u can.
Taxi

You don't have to be super rich to enjoy Ibiza. Plenty of bars around with good drinks prices, pre-drink before the clubs and sit on the rocks with a Don Simon for the sunset rather than pay 15-20E for a cocktail at Mambo etc. Literally right next door to Mambo is Mint Lounge where I believe the prices are a little more reasonable if you still want the atmosphere of being up on the deck/terrace.

A taxi to Pikes from basically anywhere in San An is less than 10e - make sure you are on the guestlist though or there is not much chance of you getting in. Drinks prices aren't as horrendous there but still have a couple of cheap drinks before you go and you'll be fine.

Eating out - choose menu's of the day which are nice and cheap (10-15e for 2 or 3 courses and sometimes a drink thrown in too).

As you say, do what you can.

You don't have to be super rich to enjoy Ibiza. Plenty of bars around with good drinks prices, pre-drink before the clubs and sit on the rocks with a Don Simon for the sunset rather than pay 15-20E for a cocktail at Mambo etc. Literally right next door to Mambo is Mint Lounge where I believe the prices are a little more reasonable if you still want the atmosphere of being up on the deck/terrace.

A taxi to Pikes from basically anywhere in San An is less than 10e - make sure you are on the guestlist though or there is not much chance of you getting in. Drinks prices aren't as horrendous there but still have a couple of cheap drinks before you go and you'll be fine.

Eating out - choose menu's of the day which are nice and cheap (10-15e for 2 or 3 courses and sometimes a drink thrown in too).

As you say, do what you can.
Thanks Tiffany! All that info is very helpful. Don't get me wrong, i'm not going to be penny pinching. I'm going to enjoy myself! I think I need to stop reading so much now and just get there and relax and go with the flow, i'm sure myself and my friends are going to love it!
I've had some great replies from people on here, if the people we meet whilst there are anything like yourself and others that have commented, we'll be just fine. Thanks guys xxx

Hi All! So I have returned, Ibiza cherry popped ✔. I absouloutley LOVED it!!! I've been back a week and just keep thinking I want to go back. I just wanted to thank everyone above who offered their opinions and advice, it really helped.
We went to Glitterbox @ Hi, what a club! Dj's in the toilets, fab! Heard a few older tracks which seemed to get more love from the crowd than current ones ( u can't beat the old stuff). Previous to the club we went to the top floor of the Hard Rock hotel ( a friend of mine had been and said it was worth doing) great view, dj playing some chilled stuff and planes going over, not far from your head, a nice vibe, just a shame we left without a drink!

I also went to Together @ Amnesia with 1 of my friends on the Tues night. It was between that or Bodyworks back at Hi. I slightly preferred the line up of Bodyworks but my mate was keen for Amnesia so we went for that. I guess having wanted to go to Ibiza for 20 years, it had to be Amnesia. I felt quite overcome when we walked in, like 'S**t, i'm finally standing in this club' , I enjoyed the first hour but then it went downhill for me personally. The music was a bit too hard for my liking, maybe i'm not quite as into D&B as I thought? A girl, off her head, also slumped next to me on a sofa and asked me to hug her and she nearly broke my hand been squeezing it so tightly! I know what goes down but girl, get out of my space! I am also of course well aware that music is going to be loud in a club, I would expect nothing less but to me it was off the scale of loudness, it was ridiculous and it saddens me to say, it actually resulted in me leaving early. Wish I could have experienced Amnesia 'back in the day' as they say. I'm glad we went there but I probally wouldn't choose to go there again.

We went to Pikes in the day, could feel the history there (we did have our names down for Wax Da Jam but didn't make it....next time!)

We went to Ibiza town on one of the days and walked up Dalt Villa and had a walk about the town. Worth going for a look around.

The rest of the time we chilled around the area of our hotel, which was perfectly placed for us (about a 5-10 min walk from Cafe Del Mar). So glad we got to go Mambo and Cafe Del Mar.

Our first two days were a bit overcast but the night before we were coming home, we got the beautiful sunset, whilst drinking our Daiquiri' @ The Golden Budda. Don't think that amazing Sunset can be beaten? WOW!
We ate at a place called 'Kasbah' a couple of times, great food and friendly waitresses :) . We also went to 'Relish' on the other side of San An and had a great meal there aswell.
I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!! xx

Hi All! So I have returned, Ibiza cherry popped ✔. I absouloutley LOVED it!!! I've been back a week and just keep thinking I want to go back. I just wanted to thank everyone above who offered their opinions and advice, it really helped.
We went to Glitterbox @ Hi, what a club! Dj's in the toilets, fab! Heard a few older tracks which seemed to get more love from the crowd than current ones ( u can't beat the old stuff). Previous to the club we went to the top floor of the Hard Rock hotel ( a friend of mine had been and said it was worth doing) great view, dj playing some chilled stuff and planes going over, not far from your head, a nice vibe, just a shame we left without a drink!

I also went to Together @ Amnesia with 1 of my friends on the Tues night. It was between that or Bodyworks back at Hi. I slightly preferred the line up of Bodyworks but my mate was keen for Amnesia so we went for that. I guess having wanted to go to Ibiza for 20 years, it had to be Amnesia. I felt quite overcome when we walked in, like 'S**t, i'm finally standing in this club' , I enjoyed the first hour but then it went downhill for me personally. The music was a bit too hard for my liking, maybe i'm not quite as into D&B as I thought? A girl, off her head, also slumped next to me on a sofa and asked me to hug her and she nearly broke my hand been squeezing it so tightly! I know what goes down but girl, get out of my space! I am also of course well aware that music is going to be loud in a club, I would expect nothing less but to me it was off the scale of loudness, it was ridiculous and it saddens me to say, it actually resulted in me leaving early. Wish I could have experienced Amnesia 'back in the day' as they say. I'm glad we went there but I probally wouldn't choose to go there again.

We went to Pikes in the day, could feel the history there (we did have our names down for Wax Da Jam but didn't make it....next time!)

We went to Ibiza town on one of the days and walked up Dalt Villa and had a walk about the town. Worth going for a look around.

The rest of the time we chilled around the area of our hotel, which was perfectly placed for us (about a 5-10 min walk from Cafe Del Mar). So glad we got to go Mambo and Cafe Del Mar.

Our first two days were a bit overcast but the night before we were coming home, we got the beautiful sunset, whilst drinking our Daiquiri' @ The Golden Budda. Don't think that amazing Sunset can be beaten? WOW!
We ate at a place called 'Kasbah' a couple of times, great food and friendly waitresses :) . We also went to 'Relish' on the other side of San An and had a great meal there aswell.
I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!! xx
you'll be back mate it's addictive ?

Back