First gig that you went to?

First band Bjorn Again (terrible abba tribute who toured all the universities)
First cool band Urban Species (acid jazz)
Both 1993

10 of my fave gigs:

Goldfrapp @ Royal Albert Hall (Ldn) - she was really nervous but backed with orchestral strings it was just stunning

Acid Mothers Temple @ Sala Upload (Bcn) - mad Japanese psychedelic spacerock. Drumming out of this world. Was crying by the end

Radiohead @ Primavera Sound (Bcn) - proof that Greenwood is a genius. I kicked myself for having missed them at uni for £5

Sebastien Tellier @Worldwide Fest (Séte, Fr) - mindblowing. Brilliant and gloriously eccentric pianist who eased our frazzled heads with a performance I'll never forget

Basement Jaxx @ Sala Apolo (Bcn) at the peak of their powers when Remedy was everywhere. They brought a full feathered troupe of Brazilian carnival dancers on for bingo bango.

Underworld @ Somserset House (Ldn) Rez never sounded better. Some scouser sold me these crystals that have never been surpassed

LCD @ Primavera Sound (Bcn) 'Yeah' transformed into a 20min trip through the senses

Sonic Boom @ Sala Upload (Bcn) peter kermber (ex spacemen 3) took us on an interplanetary trip which was fcken amazing, hardly any beats, all achieved with echoes, drones and distorted sfx

Camille @ Hackney (Ldn) kooky in the best sense. Nouvelle Vague singer treated us to the best gig Bjork never did

Ata Kak @ Carcassonne 'rediscovered' c/o Awesome tapes from africa, the Ghanaian with the machine gun voice offered a gorgeous afro-funk performance which offered a nice counterbalance to the darker energy the night before

I'll reveal the worst gigs another time..

10 of my fave gigs:

Goldfrapp @ Royal Albert Hall (Ldn) - she was really nervous but backed with orchestral strings it was just stunning

Acid Mothers Temple @ Sala Upload (Bcn) - mad Japanese psychedelic spacerock. Drumming out of this world. Was crying by the end

Radiohead @ Primavera Sound (Bcn) - proof that Greenwood is a genius. I kicked myself for having missed them at uni for £5

Sebastien Tellier @Worldwide Fest (Séte, Fr) - mindblowing. Brilliant and gloriously eccentric pianist who eased our frazzled heads with a performance I'll never forget

Basement Jaxx @ Sala Apolo (Bcn) at the peak of their powers when Remedy was everywhere. They brought a full feathered troupe of Brazilian carnival dancers on for bingo bango.

Underworld @ Somserset House (Ldn) Rez never sounded better. Some scouser sold me these crystals that have never been surpassed

LCD @ Primavera Sound (Bcn) 'Yeah' transformed into a 20min trip through the senses

Sonic Boom @ Sala Upload (Bcn) peter kermber (ex spacemen 3) took us on an interplanetary trip which was fcken amazing, hardly any beats, all achieved with echoes, drones and distorted sfx

Camille @ Hackney (Ldn) kooky in the best sense. Nouvelle Vague singer treated us to the best gig Bjork never did

Ata Kak @ Carcassonne 'rediscovered' c/o Awesome tapes from africa, the Ghanaian with the machine gun voice offered a gorgeous afro-funk performance which offered a nice counterbalance to the darker energy the night before

I'll reveal the worst gigs another time..
Ive seen bjork live quite a few times but the time I saw her at the Manchester International Festival was just unbelievable.
It really was something very special.

Everyones coming up with these cool bands artists and then theres me haha remember going to the leadmill in Sheffield to see Roger Taylor, the drummer from queen, my mate was a massive fan, otherwise think at a similar age the commitments, not sure if you've seen the film, but when we saw them, only 3 people from the film left touring, musical differences maybe haha do like that sorta soul music tho

Everyones coming up with these cool bands artists and then theres me haha remember going to the leadmill in Sheffield to see Roger Taylor, the drummer from queen, my mate was a massive fan, otherwise think at a similar age the commitments, not sure if you've seen the film, but when we saw them, only 3 people from the film left touring, musical differences maybe haha do like that sorta soul music tho
Haha love this!

That's a brilliant line up!

There I was, curtains haircut, flared jeans, lilac sweatshirt, was 16, looked 12. We'd fully bought into the legends of the Mondays blagging and scheming, so when we realised our tickets were for seats, not standing room on the dancefloor, we summoned up some crocodile tears and told the security we'd been mugged for our wristbands.

We were ushered through the hallowed doors, into the throng, feeling like we'd truly emulated our rascal heroes!:lol:

There I was, curtains haircut, flared jeans, lilac sweatshirt, was 16, looked 12. We'd fully bought into the legends of the Mondays blagging and scheming, so when we realised our tickets were for seats, not standing room on the dancefloor, we summoned up some crocodile tears and told the security we'd been mugged for our wristbands.

We were ushered through the hallowed doors, into the throng, feeling like we'd truly emulated our rascal heroes!:lol:
There stands a certain feeling right there, that cant be brought on by just drugs

ibizasunset, post: 1038232, member: 50719"]
Its funny how we think the cooler the band someone saw, obs the cooler they are
[/QUOTE]
Oh god no. I just love it when people really enjoy music, irrespective of what it is... Hmm maybe not the right said fred anti mask song..

Anti fred mask song? Had someone on facebook a while ago doing a blog about how people shouldnt be wearing a mask and how she isnt, that what you mean?

Back