Favourite West End club/bar?

Muel

My fave has gotta be Play 2. Good music, reasonable drinks prices but the free shot with every drink (as long as you had plenty of free shot flyers) was brilliant!

Hi,

you may find out by reading this forum that a very large proportion of people on this site do not like the west end, and never went to the west end.

west end

the west end is alright, kilties was alrite, play 2 , crap and nightlife, sorry shitelife :cry: :cry: :cry: joe spoons was ok if u're irish or celtic fan

buh bye

Robo said:
Hi,

you may find out by reading this forum that a very large proportion of people on this site do not like the west end, and never went to the west end.

Not gonna get 2 much in 2 it but west end i shite! totally shite! I will be back on a 18=30 again but it is shite........ :)

San Antonio is full of sick, drunk, under educated, lowlife, fighting English hooligans.

casper_holt, I'm sorry mate but i reckon you may have been to a different place than i visited. Granted there were some pissed up fools knocking about but to label them all as "English hooligans" is a joke. I saw plenty of Italians, Germans, Dutch, Scottish, Welsh, etc behaving just the same. All in all if you compared this lot to the huge groups of holiday makers in the San An area you will find that this is certainly a minority.

Man, the way some people go on about San An is remarkable. You would think of it as some kind of warzone! There are far worse areas in my own country and just about every European City i've been to than San An. If i'd listened to some of the small minded comments on this board i'd have never visited Ibiza for fear of being battered, mugged, fleeced and savaged - probably in the same day ;) I'm glad i didin't as i'd have missed one of the best holidays of my life. Granted, it's your opinion and you are welcome to have such views but personally i'd welcome a bit less of a blinkered approach.

Don't get me wrong, the place isn't perfect, it certainly ain't paradise but it does have a great deal to offer. If people don't like the place, they stay away - simple as that. I, for one, will be back next year and will still be leaving my shotgun, uzi, flamethrower at home!

God it's not that bad. What's wrong with getting totally hammered every now and then? You're on holiday so you gotta expect people to get completely wasted, big deal, shit happens, deal with it, the people are just as entitled to being there as anyone else.

If you like going on huge pub crawls with your mates then pay the Westend a visit, if you don't then stay away. It's not rocket science, simple as really.

Muel said:
My fave has gotta be Play 2. Good music, reasonable drinks prices but the free shot with every drink (as long as you had plenty of free shot flyers) was brilliant!

When I do go to the West End I do nip into Play2 but my favourite place is Tropps the staff are all local & friendly.

I just gave my opinion about the west end. I don't say they all do. But it's a fact english people often misbehave abroad. For example european and world championships, if there is trouble it's mostly the English support. In san antonio there is a concentration of English people. I have never seen people drinking as much as English people do. I had some bad experiences in san antonio wich i didn't had on the rest of the island and with other nationalities. Maybe it's caused by me. But why are there so many people on this board saying that san an is a bad place to stay.
I heard young English lads shouting fag to professional dancers at manumission. I that kind of behaviour is not what Ibiza is about.

Sorry for my badly spelled English. But try to write dutch or spanish if you have any complaints.

Casper, your English is spot on so don't worry about it. I don't want to preach to you or turn this board into a football discussion. It's well documented that the British press are their own worse enemies and have created a label of "hooligans" that has stuck like sh*t to a blanket and goes with us wherever we travel. Fact is, it's no worse, in fact it's a great deal less of an epidemic as it is in other countries, including Holland. Problem is British people misbehaving abroad is front page news whereas other nationalities may get a line or two somewhere or not even come to light. We aren't perfect either but it's a global problem not just a British/Ireland problem.

Take the World Cup that has just passed, the English and Irish supporters were loved by the locals and made fun of the idea that they were hooligans. Scared before they arrived, sad to see them leave. Other nationalities rioted in Japorea and in their respective homelands but hardly anyone batted an eyelid. If that had happened by English fans, we would never have heard the last of it. As i've said before we are not angels and we could do with cleaning up a tarnished image....that will be a real challenge and may not be possible if there a re pre-conceived ideas floating around. Personally i haven't a problem with anyone and would embrace any nationality....i might even buy them a drink ;)

Dr Fox said:
Don't get me wrong, the place isn't perfect, it certainly ain't paradise but it does have a great deal to offer. If people don't like the place, they stay away - simple as that.

I actually like the West End for what it is. Ok so some people in the minority get wasted and may cause trouble but the majority are there to have a good time and that is what they do. I think there are more friendly people and less attitue in the West End than going to say Pacha where most people think they are above everyone else.

I went to Ibiza this year to go to as many club nights as possible but the West End is always a good laugh every now and again.

Bar Amsterdam offers the WHOLE schnapps bottle not just a shot. The drinks are also dirt cheap (take note Pacha & co).

I like the Ground Zero bar because it's the only place in Ibiza playing indie.

P.S And all the DJs in the West End will play requests!

ground zero was good for a respite from dance music once and a while, i agree.

west end is what it is. one thing it aint is pretencious.

I think westend sucks... it should be bombed by a storm of b52! :idea:

Otherwise, i understand i' m not british and so i must respect others points of view, what for you is funny isn 't for me... :confused:
my general advice for No-brits is to avoid the westend, there' s nothin inspiring(maybe i'm alone).... Sorry, I' don 't like to speak in general, I know is WRONG and is not true but a lot of people surely understand what i mean... bye :cry:

p.s. I know very well the west end, my girlfriend worked for 1month at casanova club.. 1 of the best clubs in s antonio...

that hollywood showbar was indeed one f***ed up place!

guys and gals dancing on the bar vdressed in bikinis or hotpants and bow tie for the lads, tranny acts from time to time also, this may seem normal in ibiza but it was the clientelle the place it attracted! it seemed to be middle aged men and women who drank there.

BIZARRE.

sorry 'brummy' rob if you read this. :)

Back