Favourite West End club/bar?

Muel!

Where else did you go?

If you could see what the island has to offer, you'd see why San An is so heftily disliked!

Plus it provides the perfect venue for any old sensationalist media to portray a poor interpretation of Ibiza.

fergie said:
that hollywood showbar was indeed one f***ed up place!

guys and gals dancing on the bar vdressed in bikinis or hotpants and bow tie for the lads, tranny acts from time to time also, this may seem normal in ibiza but it was the clientelle the place it attracted! it seemed to be middle aged men and women who drank there.

BIZARRE.

sorry 'brummy' rob if you read this. :)

f***, well I was the clintelle every night. Wicked place, fab laugh! We went one nihg with all the drag queens, not trannys ;-) , one night 2 Ibiza town,,,,,,top laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Muel!

Where else did you go?

If you could see what the island has to offer, you'd see why San An is so heftily disliked!

Plus it provides the perfect venue for any old sensationalist media to portray a poor interpretation of Ibiza.

Didn't really go anywhere else. Maybe thats why I thought the west end was ok, other than trips to Space, Privilage etc I never really left San An. I'm goin back next year, where else on the island (excluding the big clubs) would you reccomend me seeing?

all of it and any of it. hire a jeep and take off, stop wherever you like, you'll be amazed.

Richie Hawtin & Sven Väth present Cocoon Club, Ibiza: The Sound of the Third Season

Release date: 28th October 2002
Ibiza 2000: the White Isle is overrun by UK based Korporate Organisations pushing dodgy music to an even dodgier British clientele to whom the 'Balearic spirit' means a double cheap vodka and red bull. Sky's Ibiza Uncovered had related the well worn and all to familiar tale of the British abroad f***ing it all up for themselves and for whoever was unlucky enough to get on their way.

Of course, it hasn't always been like this. Ibiza has a long European based club history that existed long before Tong, Oakenfold and Rampling arrived. There had been a unique glamour of 'European-ness' to the Island's club culture since the '70s, which by the late '90s had began to be seriously threatened by British Klub Korporations. Needless to say, this didn't tell the whole story. Such is the beauty of Ibiza.

In 2000, Sven Väth, Frankfurt based übertechno Maestro, crucially decided to open a night at Amnesia utilising the exclusive talent signed to his Cocoon booking agency. The club night, called Cocoon, featured a stella array of pan-global DJs and live acts and with a 20 strong team on the Island, the First Season proved a roaring success featuring a live floorshow from Rosezone especially prepared for the night and, most importantly, a music policy based on quality techno and house music. The 'beautiful people', the Spanish, French, Italians and Germans who had grown tired of the British dominance on the Island flocked to the night. In a word 'European-ness' had returned...

A compilation 'The Sound of the First Season' followed on Sven's label Cocoon Recordings. The following season saw the club grow by outlandish proportions. Carl Cox, who had guested at the club, remarked that it was the 'Best on the Island'. "The Sound of the Second Season", the Double CD that followed, showcased the crucial tunes of the 'Noche' at the club, plus the by now legendary Cocoon after parties, the 'Dia,' which were held at a variety of locations: at the terrace at Space, the beach at Cala Llonga, Sven's Villa in the hills or on the très chic Italian-built vessels in Ibiza harbour or off the clear blue crystal waters of Formentera.

And so to 2002: Sven and party partner-in-crime, an increasingly 'refreshed' Richie Hawtin, hatched a collaborative plot over dinner in New York City (now Hawtin's adopted home). Hawtin would be 'unofficial' resident at Cocoon for the 2002 Season guesting at 4 of the clubs' mammoth 14 week Monday night run at Amnesia, including the climactic Closing Party in September. The CD release to accompany this run 'Cocoon Club Ibiza: The Sound of the Third Season' would feature both Sven and Richie in the mix together showcasing the top drawer tunes from the 2002 season at the club but also would encapsulate the experience of being at Cocoon by including conversations, sound effects and atmospheres, capturing the excitement and euphoria of actually being at the club. In effect, the WORKS! With a 2002 residence that has featured Sven, Richie, Anthony Rother, Pascal FEOS, Alter Ego, DJ Hell, Vitalic, Marco Carola, Ricardo Villalobos, John Acquaviva, Funk D'Void, Josh Wink, Green Velvet and Tobi Neumann, Cocoon 2002 has proved itself to be THE club on the Island for quality music for a pan-European crazy crowd. When many UK based organisations are finding it 'difficult' on Ibiza, Cocoon moves from strength to strength. The people have voted: 'European-ness' is in. Roll on 2003 and ...let the music begin.

Who else on this board is going to Ibiza next year? Where will you be going, and will you be going with a package tour operator e.g Club 18-30 or freestyle?

I'm going back, and will be going to San Antonio with 18-30. This time though i WILL try to explore the rest of the island outside of San antonio! I will though be visiting the West End again. For a few cheaper nights of a 2 week holiday, it can't be beaten.

I will make a point this holiday of going to Sundays @ Space, Pacha, Bora Bora and Cocoon at Amnesia. Nights I won't be visiting again are Manumission and the Back to Skool night at Eden!

Robo said:
I'll be going, but not with any holiday guides thank you very much!!!

The main reason I'll be using 18-30 is because I know I'll be in a hotel full of like minded people without whinging old people or families. As for the trips themselves, I hardly used them in the summer and won't be using them much next. The 18-30 cabaret is excellent and well worth going to, as are a couple of the club tours but thats about it. As for their 'advice' I just ignore it all anyway! The trips aren't part of the package so you don't lose money by not going on them.

If you book on a separate hotel without a package I always think you run the risk of ending up in the wrong sort of hotel with loads of families etc. The worst thing that could happen would be to get evicted because of making too much noise or being too drunk etc, and also having run ins with winging people etc. I'm not badly behaved on holiday, a piss head or excessively noisy, but me and my mates do like to put tunes on fairly loud in the room, at night also and I doubt many families would approve of that!

If you know a good hotel to go to independently, then fair play to you and go for it! I haven't booked my holiday yet so if you know of a sure fire independent place tell me now, especially if its cheap!

The West End is a good place to go inbetween main club nights. My favourite club was probably play2 but if you like R&B then simple art club was good and was always packed. Also just a few minutes down the road you have chillout bars like Coastline Cafe.

sure if your staying in san an, but there are much better ways to spend ur inbetween evenings, like going to towns, eating in nice restaurants, or taking a visit to ibiza town, but still, whatever takes ur fancy

Depends on how much money you have really, or whether you fancy dodging the broken bottles in the west end!

Personally I don't hate the west end as much as many of you do on here, it's a bit grotty to say the least but I can put up with it for a couple of nights when I'm a bit skint and can't afford €40-50 to get into the big clubs!

Have been to Ibiza twice, the main clubs are what I go there for - but the West End is part of Ibiza, Always will be. Perhaps the reason everyone thinks it's the 'British' people who are the trouble makers is down to the fact 80% or whatever of people who are there on holiday are British. There are dick-heads all over the place but if my maths are correct then it's more likely to be a Brit person causing trouble. :?: (yeah there are a few that go round shouting their heads off, thinking they can pull anything and are entitled to - perhaps the majority of them can't handle the drink, if they are like that in their every day life, personally I think they should be locked up!)

The only trouble I have ever encountered in the West End is with the Spanish. They tried to start something, me and my mates walked off...end of story.

I couldn't afford to go to the big clubs every night for two weeks, nor do I think my body would let me :!: We have a good laugh going for a few drinks in the West End and visiting all the bars with the different music and people etc. But if u dont wanna go to the West End, just take a joint up to Cafe Del Mar and sit on the rocks with a cocktail and ur mates...can't beat it.

I think a lot of Ibiza virgins will be put off the place before they even land just by reading these boards, Opinions are very mixed...probably in favour of avoiding the place altogether! I've had some good nights out there anyway - couple of drinks, paracetamol :eek: , few more drinks, go for a chill out on the beach - joint, back to a few of the bars, meet some people.....hey I live in Wales, so that's a good night out to me...

The West End is definately a shit hole, that there is no doubt and there are a lot of knobs and beer boys there. The one thing the west end has going in its favour are the prices, the drinks there are far cheaper than anywhere else on the island which makes it an option once your money runs out. It is possible to have a good night out in the west end, I certainly did a couple of times last year . If you've never been there before go there with your eyes open. If you want a cheaper night out and aren't too bothered about all the drunkards and broken beer bottles then the west end is fine, but if you want a more upmarket and cosmopolitan place to drink then leave the west end well well alone!!!

is this debate still going on???? hehehe!!! anyway i have come to the conclusion that yes the west end is a negative part of ibiza, but there are also some worse sides of ibiza, believe it or not.

The fact that property prices and the cost of living is going up is dreadful. This means that the local ibicencans cannot afford to live on there own island and even potential tourists/owners cannot afford to buy property on the island.

Haha this ages old, think it was my post number 1 and I'm over 100 now haha! Yes Robo I thoroughly agree with you there that the west end isn't the worst blight on Ibiza. You could also add into that the prices that the Big Clubs charge, not only entry prices but also drinks aswell!

I think the pros/cons of the west end could be debated ad infinitum and we still wouldn't get unaminous agreement between people! This is the beauty of boards like this, if everyone agreed what would be the point?

Back to the West End in my opinion the basic pros and cons are:

Pros: Cheap drinks, lots of bars in a small area so plenty of choice, good pulling opportunities both for male and female!

Cons: Beer boys, broken bottles everywhere, sometimes fights, dirty and messy, lots of slappers.

night life

nightlife is the best it has the best music and slipmat and if julean you read this i want a drink and that welsh pr is the best

Haha this thread still doing the rounds!!! Think the initial post was my 1st ever post on this forum! :lol:

have to answer this

west end is great if you hate it stay out, every one has the own choice.

sgt peppers, simply art club, nightlife (only when slipmat plays) the ship
and that other english pub where you can get good old cold stella.west end kebab and a couple of wicked recoed shops
as for this title of hooligans, we got branded with it, we don't start it but we make sure we finish it.

i am english and proud of it but.
we know how to have a dame good time.
:lol: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

First Time San An

Where should I go out in San An, everybody is writing down different clubs en bars, but is there not 1 bar that's the best??? And is there a area where the people from the Netherlands hang out???

everyones got there own opion so there wont be just one club thats the best. as for for a netherlands only place i dont know :confused:

Back