FAO Londoners: commuting

Is that the same Fatboy Slim as Norman Cook? ;)

correct!

one and the same

I believe he formally changed his name to 'Norman' by deed poll a few years back

Norman Cook > living proof that being unable to mix and stealing other people's styles needn't be an obstacle to a successful career in the dj industry.

you wouldda loved Brighton 2002 for the INSANE Quentin "Fatboy Slim" Cook concert which was pretty memorable (for atmosphere if not music) - the gig only lasted for about an hour before the cops pulled the plug in panic but it was a proper laugh driving down, convoys all the way down the motorway, people giving up and walking, selling beers and spliffs along the roadside! (saw one chap in a wetsuit!) we don't see that sort of thing happen much these days.

It was a complete chav fest but admittedly quite fun...definitely not indicative of the 'end of Brighton' though...I'd say that's a tad dramatic.

Especially since the city is famous for holding one of Europe's biggest free festivals on the first weekend in August every year since - errrr 1985? (?)

I wouldn't say it was a chav-fest - there really were all sorts of people there, most of whom only heard about it last minute, hence the pandemonium on the roads and trains

it was basically brightonians and londoners all sharing a common aim to get completely wrecked

in fairness to Quentin, am no fan but all saints - 'pure shores' with the fireworks was a really nice aaaaah touch at the end - have the dvd somewhere

I wouldn't say it was a chav-fest - there really were all sorts of people there, most of whom only heard about it last minute, hence the pandemonium on the roads and trains

it was basically brightonians and londoners all sharing a common aim to get completely wrecked

in fairness to Quentin, am no fan but all saints - 'pure shores' with the fireworks was a really nice aaaaah touch at the end - have the dvd somewhere

The DVD one was the second year iirc?

The first one was wicked for the unexpected-ness of it, but the enormity of the secd one was mental :D

I wouldnt say there are specific problems, not that i know of. But for reliability you're best of with non italian !!

You say that but I have owned 2 Alfa back to back and never once have they been in the garage for more than a service! I think the Italian cars are a lot better than they used to be. They also put a smile on my face when im driving them some thing i have never got with German cars....

You say that but I have owned 2 Alfa back to back and never once have they been in the garage for more than a service! I think the Italian cars are a lot better than they used to be. They also put a smile on my face when im driving them some thing i have never got with German cars....

It wasnt a slur against all Italian cars, its just that for general reliability you would be better of with Z Germans. But for Passion you cant beat them ;)

Yes they are much better than they used to be, they have to be, or they would be in real trouble.

Let's not make this about gender.
Generally, just better to leave it to the smarter one ;)

:lol:

Londoners talking about Brighton. :spank:

Londoners talking about London. :spank:

Londoners talking about any other town in the whole wide world other than London. :spank:

Londoners talking about Brighton. :spank:

Londoners talking about London. :spank:

Londoners talking about any other town in the whole wide world other than London. :spank:

Correct.

Get in there!!

Get yerself a whippet and come up Northerncestershire.

Im off for me tea ( Black pudding, black peas, a pie and a pint of Mild)

Because I'm from... ? ? ?

The place you're all saying you wish you were from. Nice one there Slick Rick.

^ another strange post from you Super Ted, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

now perhaps you can explain your irrational hatred of London to the world?

did a beefeater chase you with a trident?

did you walk into the wrong pub in Soho?

did you miss the last train back to Bognor and have to spend the night in a youth hostel in Victoria sandwiched between a bulgarian inter-railer and a crack whore?

clearly something went BADLY wrong on your last visit...

Morb / Choo / Liam - Cars

Olly / Clara / Rodber / Discoplayer - Brighton

PMSL @ Two completely different threads in one! :lol:

Back