Exchange Rate

unlikely - we haven't even begun to see the worst of this yet

Yes we have!! Recon we're over half way through it! Been going on since 7/07! Been reading a no of reports today, both analysing what happened this year and forcasting next!!
1 things for sure, very few bonus' this year!

Back on subject, not only will Ibiza/the med not have the same no of UK visitors, but also the Alps!! Skiing's an expensive enough hobby anyway!! :cry:

Don't know about the rest of the season, but so far where I hang out in the Alps there have been loads of Brits in town and on pistes and it seems the Xmas vacation is booked out... It is strange:confused:

I scrambled it.

This is a serious thread for serious comment. Plenty of scope to extract le piss out of discoplayer elsewhere on the forum

blah, blah, blah....

edit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Im from the Uk and yes the Euro Rate will make me watch what i spend during my time on the island, but you have to remember this is Ibiza and if you cant handle that then don't come.

But....
i)A large percentage of people who go to the clubs are from the UK, that is a fact
ii) As many people will tell you as a whole the clubs were generally quieter in 2008 than previous years

the two points above should see a slight thawing of the crazy drink prices, don't expect them to become reasonable, all I'm saying is they "might" drop down a Euro or so.

For me if things stay as they are I will be using the busses and forgetting taxi's , drinking much much less in the clubs but still enjoy myself

There is a school of thought that by the summer the interest rate cuts will have filtered down, the VAT cut will have helped things, and the actual demand for people buying Euro's will help bolster the pound.

only time will tell.

But....
i)A large percentage of people who go to the clubs are from the UK, that is a fact
ii) As many people will tell you as a whole the clubs were generally quieter in 2008 than previous years
I should clarify my point a little more.

Expecting the clubs to adjust their pricing policies just because of the pound/euro exchange rate - illogical (for reasons explained above)

Hoping that the clubs will adjust their pricing due to a perceived fall in demand in '08 and a more likely fall in demand in '09 due to the ongoing economic crisis - logical.

I certainly wouldn't complain about cheaper drinks next season! We'll have to wait and see what happens...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back