evangelical christians hit the streets in ibiza's west end!!

'... After standing around waving a card for what seemed like hours and getting some rather wired looks (must have looked strange as clubs aren't the most normal of places) I finally managed to get it to a VIP worker in the booth who then eventually gave it to Ferry. Job Done! I went back to the rest of the group and then realized that Ferry wasn't at the decks! Whets happened? Has the holy Spirit moved him throughout the card? Was he slain in the spirit on the ground? Sadly not! But he had gone to the back to read the card. Then the guy I gave the card back to signaled to us to come back over to him. What's happening? I was slightly panicking that something was not good! I got over to the booth and he gave me a card back. I was thinking 'no he's signed it and given it back!'

It seems I had actually attached two cards and ferry had signed the blank one with 'thanx' written on it.

Now Ferry didn't give his life to God that night but clearly this card did touch him as he was in the middle of a set and spent the time to read a card and sign one and give it back to us. He didn't have to do this! And this is not the only story of this kind. We spoke to a guy at Bora Bora, had good interaction with other DJs and in a very bizarre night spoke to half of Soul Central about God, 24-7 and by the end of the conversation he was quoting scripture with us!

God is clearly moving in the clubs in Ibiza.

Really? God is present because someone you gave a note appreciating their work sent one back saying thanks? Poor deluded fools!

"Anyway me and Dawn went around together and it was ACE- we had so much fun! It's amazing how sometimes conversations just happen out of nowhere and we found ourselves straight away somehow talking to a guy who ran two of the biggest nights in two of the biggest clubs in Ibiza. He had had a catholic upbringing and was against christianity big time! This was mainly cos he resented it being taught as fact to children and also he couldn't see how christians, jews and muslims could all believe they were absolutely right. We chatted for a while about faith and our experiences and his experiences and offered to pray for him. He didn't really offer a prayer request as he didn't believe in God so thought there was no point so we told him we would pray God would reveal his truth to him. If you're reading this please pray for him! He definitely does has a belief somewhere under there and did say before we left " Well maybe, maybe you're right but...." So that was cool to get him thinking again."

This was me!

1) I said I look after Mulletover and Dusted in the normal promoters absence. They´ve exaggerated this to make their final comment look like it came from someone running the island

2) The last underlined bit is a complete fallacy. I stated categorically that I believed in the possibility of a creator, whilst disbelieving entirely the detail of the their beliefs. My position was exactly the same at the start and finish of the conversation....

Fool yourselves if you must, but don´t lie about me to try and fool others.

1) I said I look after Mulletover and Dusted in the normal promoters absence. They´ve exaggerated this to make their final comment look like it came from someone running the island

2) The last underlined bit is a complete fallacy. I stated categorically that I believed in the possibility of a creator, whilst disbelieving entirely the detail of the their beliefs. My position was exactly the same at the start and finish of the conversation....

Sure Matey. Sure.

Sure Matey. Sure.

Seriously, this may drive me to devote my f-ing life to driving this sort of rubbish into the dump it belongs ate. Organised religion is for idiots. There, I've said it.

I refuse to respect people's right to be stupid anymore.

I don't mind people who have a private personal faith. The majority of people i know who are catholic /christian/whatever tend not to broadcast it. (bit like being a copper:lol: ) and certainly aren't judgemental of my heathen ways.

Let them get their comfort and strength where they can, i say as long as they don't impose on me. They're not all gay hating non sex before marriage loonies in my experience. Mostly i find them to be more tolerant if owt. Otherwise i'd have no room for them.

I understand why Buckers would be pissed at the evangelicals for basically trying to force their beliefs on to anyone and everyone. And i would be first to lose my temper with wnkers like that. Self delusional isn't the word..

Having had the RC upbringing, which i rejected quite early, in my experience people tend to personalise their faiths to fit themesleves rather than take every word spoken by the local priest as being "the truth". And pore into the streets preaching OT damnation and hellfire.

The logic doesn't work for me, but then again if the possession of my house doesn't get over itself soon, i may call in "the believers" to have a bash.:lol:

Just another perspective...

Haven't finished it. Got bored a way in because it over complicates a simple argument. But will do.
You've got to see the documentary film Jesus Camp. THAT is some scary stuff.

Someone posted it online recently and I thought of posting the link on here, but they took it down before I could (copyright violations and all that)

The film is a look at how Evangelical Christians indoctrinate the next generation. One girl was like 10 years old and out there trying to convert people!

The film is a look at how Evangelical Christians indoctrinate the next generation. One girl was like 10 years old and out there trying to convert people!

They have to convince kids to continue. If you a got a reasonable education and reached adulthood before any of these wacko ideas were offered to you, most people would not believe.

very interesting people, i seem to be in the same boat as most posters on this. Christened RC but rejected it as utter nonsence as soon as my own brain engaged. The question i often ask myself, (and it does cause me to remain agnostic rather than atheist on the subject of their being a higher being of some complexion - as opposed to RC which is plain evil, imho) is why so so many evidently intelligent people would appear to believe it. you guys are no doubt much more informed than me on this, but i'm a pragmatist and can not comprehend the idea of the 'leap of faith' without direct scientific proof.

is it heard mentality, serving a purpose, brainwashing (as suggested). or does everyone pretend to believe when in fact no one does, for instance american politicians. or do they have something i dont (ie they would say 'god'). would be interest in the likes of buckley/morbyd opinion on it as your obv well versed in the arguments....

Way to go to try and appropriate Ibiza's 'yoof' appeal and still end up showing goatee-bearded-jesus-sandal-wearing-hymn-singing-guitar playing dupes. Nice.

yeah I know when groups like that who try to appeal to 'youth' with groups such as "Rapping for Jesus"... or "Christian Death Metal" really annoy me.. this is what this 24-7 reminds me of

i was on a ghost tour in edinburgh last night and some bird with a genuine "Jesus Saves" type t-shirt collapsed at one point wailing. was quite amusing.

I'm with Buckley. Believe what u want but don't go invading peoples privacy to 'convert' them. Man. Keep it to yourselves. :lol:

Don't u just hate when someone offers to pray for you :spank: damnit just....grrrr

Back