Es Cubells

Sinthetic

We just rented a nice villa on the cliffs of Es Cubells. I've only been to the island once before and didn't get a chance to visit this part. Does anyone have any feedback or thoughts on this area (beaches, bars, people, etc.). Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

it's a very beautiful area. there are some nice bars and restaurants, and a beach at the bottom of the cliffs. however it isn't hip, cool or trendy, but presumably you'll have a car if you want to do that sort of thing? it's not that far from everywhere.

you can find information and pictures of that area here:

:arrow: www.picturetrail.com/mcrackin2 :!:

(click on the album called san josé - from sa talaia to cala jondal)

23365116.jpg

(the village of es cubells on top at the left)

McRackin

depends when you're there. i think the direction you're facing is a bit too far south to catch the sunset in summer. maybe in winter? when the sun is lower.

DCI Mc can you confirm? you're a south san jose boy.

Sinthetic said:
will decent views of sunsets be available from this area?

no. you will be staying not far from cala d'hort - you should go there!! :D

stephen said:
i think the direction you're facing is a bit too far south to catch the sunset in summer. maybe in winter? when the sun is lower

no. its impossible because of es puig de llentrisca hill!! ;)

the best places to see the sunset in winter are cala d'hort (better than during the summer) and es cap d'es falcó!! 8)

james - do you agree? you are a south san josé man!! :lol:

agreed. the sunset in winter benefits from the clarity of the air. the mainland is so much more visible without the heat haze of the summer months.

Image18.jpg

i took this at cap negret last december, got absolutely frozen solid on a very cold evening at about 5.30. the mainland was clearly visible but alas not to the camera.

Back