Es Cubells

Sinthetic

We just rented a nice villa on the cliffs of Es Cubells. I've only been to the island once before and didn't get a chance to visit this part. Does anyone have any feedback or thoughts on this area (beaches, bars, people, etc.). Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

stephen

Staff member
it's a very beautiful area. there are some nice bars and restaurants, and a beach at the bottom of the cliffs. however it isn't hip, cool or trendy, but presumably you'll have a car if you want to do that sort of thing? it's not that far from everywhere.

McRackin

Super Moderator
you can find information and pictures of that area here:

:arrow: www.picturetrail.com/mcrackin2 :!:

(click on the album called san josé - from sa talaia to cala jondal)

23365116.jpg

(the village of es cubells on top at the left)

McRackin

stephen

Staff member
depends when you're there. i think the direction you're facing is a bit too far south to catch the sunset in summer. maybe in winter? when the sun is lower.

DCI Mc can you confirm? you're a south san jose boy.

McRackin

Super Moderator
Sinthetic said:
will decent views of sunsets be available from this area?

no. you will be staying not far from cala d'hort - you should go there!! :D

stephen said:
i think the direction you're facing is a bit too far south to catch the sunset in summer. maybe in winter? when the sun is lower

no. its impossible because of es puig de llentrisca hill!! ;)

the best places to see the sunset in winter are cala d'hort (better than during the summer) and es cap d'es falcó!! 8)

james - do you agree? you are a south san josé man!! :lol:

stephen

Staff member
agreed. the sunset in winter benefits from the clarity of the air. the mainland is so much more visible without the heat haze of the summer months.

Image18.jpg

i took this at cap negret last december, got absolutely frozen solid on a very cold evening at about 5.30. the mainland was clearly visible but alas not to the camera.