Erick Morillo

I'm not convicting anyone. I am merely stating the only facts that have presented them are the above from what I can tell. Unfortunately Erick decided to top himself before it got to trial so we will never know what his defense was. What plausible reason do you think he had to have told police he had sex with the other woman and not the victim, but then handed himself in when his DNA was found in the victim?
I could give you a POSSIBLE explanation, but I personally do not very much believe in it. Plus many people would mistake it for „defending a rapist“.

Yep so could I - but like you say no-one actually knows and it'll all be guess work. Which is why we can only go on what the police evidence and arrest report says. They are the only facts.

Hey @ElrowLovers sorry for implying you were a fraud earlier. That was unnecessary and I apologise. You'll forgive me for thinking that the crime-fighting aviation expert and conspiracy theorist sympathiser is niche territory

I also apologise for my sweeping generalisation of "posting absolute diatribe in every thread". It's only 2 threads that I really take issue with

I have enjoyed your contributions elsewhere on the forum, and unlike others, I dont really have an opinion either way of your adulation for elrow. It's not a party for me, but I'd still choose it over countless others

Anyway, taking aside the above, I just wanted to clarify my "pantomine villain" quote

I guess the crux of my complaint is that you often display a reckless willing to look in the most discredited places for confirmation bias in the coronavirus thread and when you're pulled up on it, you admit it's a poor source. You really appear to dig deep to prove your point, even if it means sharing content from wackos or extremists. On this thread, your attitude is quite the opposite, and you've presented yourself as a facts man who tows the Holy sanctity of the law. Again forgive me for finding that confusing

Lastly, I found your "gossip" comment inflammatory and it rubbed me up the wrong way when you consider your own source was from a literal gossip site

These factors combined don't make sense to me and paint a man at conflict with himself, hence the "pantomine villain"

Some might say, this disrepancy is the work of somebody on the wind up
Man, I love forums.

Unfortunately Erick decided to top himself before it got to trial so we will never know what his defense was.
Have I missed any news? Was an intentional suicide confirmed? The only thing I know is that he was found dead.

What plausible reason do you think he had to have told police he had sex with the other woman and not the victim
Any number of reasons, including the obvious (covering rape), or hoping to avoid trouble with the woman's boyfriend, or just a futile hope to avoid embarrassment or some other irrational reason. What plausible reason did Bill Clinton have to deny having sex with Monica Lewinsky? He didn't even do anything illegal with her, but he still denied it at first. Men accused of rape/improper sex do not always act in a rational way in their best interests.

but then handed himself in when his DNA was found in the victim?
This was probably to avoid getting arrested at home (regardless of whether it was a rape or not).

So you are not "convicting" anyone, but a lot of you act like Erick did rape the woman. Kind of a contradiction, don't you think?

Hey @ElrowLovers sorry for implying you were a fraud earlier. That was unnecessary and I apologise. You'll forgive me for thinking that the crime-fighting aviation expert and conspiracy theorist sympathiser is niche territory

I also apologise for my sweeping generalisation of "posting absolute diatribe in every thread". It's only 2 threads that I really take issue with

I have enjoyed your contributions elsewhere on the forum, and unlike others, I dont really have an opinion either way of your adulation for elrow. It's not a party for me, but I'd still choose it over countless others

Anyway, taking aside the above, I just wanted to clarify my "pantomine villain" quote

I guess the crux of my complaint is that you often display a reckless willing to look in the most discredited places for confirmation bias in the coronavirus thread and when you're pulled up on it, you admit it's a poor source. You really appear to dig deep to prove your point, even if it means sharing content from wackos or extremists. On this thread, your attitude is quite the opposite, and you've presented yourself as a facts man who tows the Holy sanctity of the law. Again forgive me for finding that confusing

Lastly, I found your "gossip" comment inflammatory and it rubbed me up the wrong way when you consider your own source was from a literal gossip site

These factors combined don't make sense to me and paint a man at conflict with himself, hence the "pantomine villain"

Some might say, this disrepancy is the work of somebody on the wind up
I genuinely LOVE the "Pantomime Villain" label you've invented for me. I'll adopt it, even though I'm not in conflict with myself at all.
And I appreciate your clarification for some stuff. As for the corona-virus thread...I stand with my beliefs and as many of you know I do not believe that the government reaction to this virus is appropriate. I do not deny the virus or share extremists views as far I remember. I'm not a conspiracy theorist either.

Wether my attitude is the opposite here I don't know. I am not a virologist so I might need to tone down my voice in the Covid thread a little but hey...I can post my views right? And the sources I use might not be 'main stream media' or always scientific, but does that make them untrue by nature? It seems the tide is turning a bit and I'm able to back my posts up with more and more scientific research and MSM content.
I do however know my fair share about criminology indeed...and so I wanted an honest and grown up discussion about consent, but that turned out to be false hope. No problem.

I do understand my 'gossip' comment was a poor choice of words. I agree that IF the Miami newspaper is actually quoting police reports...those are the only facts we have and all other stuff is gossip indeed. So for camp Morillo...things indeed don't look so good for him, but the facts we have do not convince me fully of his guilt yet.... But I'm not the judge or god..I'm the Pantomime Villain! ?‍♂️

Last edited:
I genuinely LOVE the "Pantomime Villain" label you've invented for me. I'll adopt it, even though I'm not in conflict with myself at all.
And I appreciate your clarification for some stuff. As for the corona-virus thread...I stand with my beliefs and as many of you know I do not believe that the government reaction to this virus is appropriate. I do not deny the virus or share extremists views as far I remember. I'm not a conspiracy theorist either.

Wether my attitude is the opposite here I don't know. I am not a virologist so I might need to tone down my voice in the Covid thread a little but hey...I can post my views right? And the sources I use might not be 'main stream media' or always scientific, but does that make them untrue by nature? It seems the tide is turning a bit and I'm able to back my posts up with more and more scientific research and MSM content.
I do however know my fair share about criminology indeed...and so I wanted an honest and grown up discussion about consent, but that turned out to be false hope. No problem.

I do understand my 'gossip' comment was a poor choice of words. I agree that IF the Miami newspaper is actually quoting police reports...those are the only facts we have and all other stuff is gossip indeed. So for camp Morillo...things indeed don't look so good for him, but the facts we have do not convince me fully of his guilt yet.... But I'm not the judge or god..I'm the Pantomime Villain! ?‍♂️
You created a monster @white_isle_calling ??

Something on a serious note:

There was some discussion earlier in this thread on the well known, quite grim “she wore a short skirt, no wonder she was raped”-subject which comes in all varieties and forms. I once read an analysis which helped me disassemble the argument. The „solution“ lies in separating the crime from the risk.
  1. A women will never have a share of guilt in a rape crime. If she did not give consent (also a big debate around this), it is the guilt of the perpetrator.
  2. You can and do moderate the risk to fall victim to a crime. It’s a fact. It will never give you a share of the guilt, but you can influence the probability of the crime to occur.
In a perfect world, we would (will?) be able to educate all men into a behavior that eradicated risk altogether or we would install measures to make these crimes impossible. We are not there (yet), this scum of humanity is still out there. It SHOULD be like this, it AINT YET.

I understand though it is difficult not to react emotional to all this I have to say. I also think we have far too less information to apply this to the discussed case.

Something on a serious note:

There was some discussion earlier in this thread on the well known, quite grim “she wore a short skirt, no wonder she was raped”-subject which comes in all varieties and forms. I once read an analysis which helped me disassemble the argument. The „solution“ lies in separating the crime from the risk.
  1. A women will never have a share of guilt in a rape crime. If she did not give consent (also a big debate around this), it is the guilt of the perpetrator.
  2. You can and do moderate the risk to fall victim to a crime. It’s a fact. It will never give you a share of the guilt, but you can influence the probability of the crime to occur.
In a perfect world, we would (will?) be able to educate all men into a behavior that eradicated risk altogether or we would install measures to make these crimes impossible. We are not there (yet), this scum of humanity is still out there. It SHOULD be like this, it AINT YET.

I understand though it is difficult not to react emotional to all this I have to say. I also think we have far too less information to apply this to the discussed case.
I'm not quite sure what that analysis was that allowed you to come to a conclusion like that, but the suggested solution is way off the mark. I personally find it offensive and blame shifting. A women or anyone that has been subjected to sexual violence will always feel quilt. This won't be helped by people inferring that the risk could be moderated

I'm not quite sure what that analysis was that allowed you to come to a conclusion like that, but the suggested solution is way off the mark. I personally find it offensive and blame shifting. A women or anyone that has been subjected to sexual violence will always feel quilt. This won't be helped by people inferring that the risk could be moderated
Well neither did I come to a conclusion nor did I propose a solution. It is the ugly truth that these people are out there. Moderating the risk does unfortunately not safely prevent the crime from happening. It is also never an „excuse“.

That's true @The Fog , but nobody tells a victim of robbery they were asking for it. People who are mugged aren't put under the limelight of cross examination to judge their character or sobriety

Point in proof, there's been various discussions about pickpocketing on these forums down the years. This thread has attracted more "yeah, but"

Last edited:
That's true @The Fog , but nobody tells a victim of robbery they were asking for it. People who are mugged aren't put under the limelight of cross examination to judge their character or sobriety

Point in proof, there's been various discussions about pickpocketing on these forums down the years. This thread has attracted more "yeah, but"
Mate, of course. Nobody is asking for this crime. The guilt is with the perpetrator. There is also no „you should have“-moment afterwards, that is totally out of question.
Personally, I will never understand the concept of rape. How mentally degenerated do you have to be to draw pleasure from this is absolutely beyond my imagination.

Back