Erick Morillo

Haha haven't even read them? I can take a hit..no worries.

For the record, if anyone has been reading my posts properly I hope it's clear that I judge people who rape, sexually assault or force people to do stuff they don't want in any way.
I'm just not convinced of where the truth lies in this case yet based on some press articles and instagram posts. ?‍♂️
If that's a reason for anyone to try to ridicule my posts or others posts or purposely twisting them...than I guess a 'forum' (where discussion is the core element!) is not the right platform for you.

So explain me this then why do you insist on calling people virtue signallers and playing devils advocate the whole time. I can assure you my disgust at any sort of sexual predation / mysoginistic attitudes is entirely real and that people like you that seek to undermine peoples rightfully disgusted attitudes by this sort of lazy terminology really boils my piss. It definitely makes you look very sympathetic to the perpetrators of these crimes and your self first Trump style attitude from other threads is not lost here either.

A lot of us keep quiet and try to ignore you hoping maybe you'll disappear to some other forum but looks like our luck is out for now.

actually, @ElrowLovers , you‘ve complained a few times that you get attacked for your views.

but I'm gonna be honest, how you can laugh (reaction) and thus ridicule the above post, that is beyond me. i truly feel it is disrespectful.
The Haha was pointed at the poster reacting on my post about 'virtue signaling' .... by actually virtue signaling again!
A monstrous crime! We're merely a bunch of good people trying to express our utter disdain...ludicrous and concerning remarks throughout'

I havent seen any ludicrous or concerning remarks yet. Everyone here is on the same page...rape is not ok.
And I didn't complain with you right? I just expressed my own feelings about it here. Never complained or reported posts if I recall correctly.
I'm not trying to cause controversy either, but I'm amazed a healthy normal discussion about this case isn't possible here. You're only part of the good people if you have the same opinion as the rest: Erick Morillo is a monster and when there is smoke, there is fire. He must have raped that poor innocent girl Kirsten Knight because he acted like a sex pest before in his life.

Ok. Well..@KarlHodson it wasn't meant as disrespectful as it might came across so I will change the Haha.

So explain me this then why do you insist on calling people virtue signallers and playing devils advocate the whole time. I can assure you my disgust at any sort of sexual predation / mysoginistic attitudes is entirely real and that people like you that seek to undermine peoples rightfully disgusted attitudes by this sort of lazy terminology really boils my piss. It definitely makes you look very sympathetic to the perpetrators of these crimes and your self first Trump style attitude from other threads is not lost here either.

A lot of us keep quiet and try to ignore you hoping maybe you'll disappear to some other forum but looks like our luck is out for now.
99,99 % of the people in the world have a real disgust at any sort of sexual predation. Me too. It's pretty normal.
Playing devils advocate or just being critical does not make me sympathetic to criminals, never said I was either.

Honestly, state of you. And allegedly you have some kind of experience in criminology. Explains why women are so f***ed

If the idea that people can simultaneously speak/post virtuously and BE genuinely virtuous seems alien to you, that says a whole lot more about you than it does about the people you are judging ?

Honestly, state of you. And allegedly you have some kind of experience in criminology. Explains why women are so f***ed

If the idea that people can simultaneously speak/post virtuously and BE genuinely virtuous seems alien to you, that says a whole lot more about you than it does about the people you are judging ?
Oh no, I think the genuinely virtuously posts are more than fine. I actually agree with them.
However....every time me or someone else posts something here to indeed play the devils advocate and not judge Morillo yet...the not genuinely virtuously posts are jumping in saying I must be sympathetic to rapists etc...wich I'm clearly not but apparently that's the way to have a discussion about this case here ?‍♂️

Well there's probably also a lot of people keeping quiet because the signal that comes from posts like this: if you're not with us, you're against us!
Same goes for the Covid thread indeed. The good thing about a forum is discussion, otherwise it would be boring circle jerk.

Well it will never be proven either way because he took the Easy way out rather than face up to it.

I’ll say it again. Killing yourself isn’t easy. trust me.
Besides I’ve not seen any coronary report into the cause of death yet

As for no smoke without fire, all sorts shit is flying around about the past of both people involved.

I fear the truth will never come out, and that’s what any criminal case is about isn’t it? Finding out the truth?

I’ll say it again. Killing yourself isn’t easy. trust me.
Besides I’ve not seen any coronary report into the cause of death yet

As for no smoke without fire, all sorts shit is flying around about the past of both people involved.

I fear the truth will never come out, and that’s what any criminal case is about isn’t it? Finding out the truth?

Evidently it is easier than going to court to face your trials so can't be that difficult....

Lets face some FACTS:

1) A woman made a complaint of rape. Morillo denied even having sex with the woman in the police interview.
2) The woman had to go through a invasive DNA test to gather evidence, because she believed someone had sex with her while she was passed out.
3) Erick Morillos DNA is found inside her. When you couple this with Morillo saying they did not even have sex, Miami Police charge him with sexual battery.
4) It never gets to trial because Morillo does not let it happen.

The fact that you are 'doubting' any of this based on 'all sorts of shit flying around' is no better than tit for tat gossip.

I once did a lengthy course on confirmation bias and tunnel vision...
The dutch judicial system had some huge flaws in the past. The bottom line was a criminal case is not about confirming the suspect did it...but about finding out the truth indeed. If you are just focussing on confirming the suspect did it, it's really easy to find all sorts of confirmation.

Oh no, I think the genuinely virtuously posts are more than fine. I actually agree with them.
However....every time me or someone else posts something here to indeed play the devils advocate and not judge Morillo yet...the not genuinely virtuously posts are jumping in saying I must be sympathetic to rapists etc...wich I'm clearly not but apparently that's the way to have a discussion about this case here ?‍♂️

Why do you have to play devils advocate if a woman was raped? Sure - if we're talking about Paradise moving from DC10 to Amnesia or something then sure. But for something where the evidence stacks up, you still want to play 'devils advocate' like its some juicy gossip or something.

Would you play 'devils advocate' if your girlfriend or sister was the victim?

How many more women will it take to come forward before you start to explore the idea he might be guilty? 10? 20?

Do they need to be predominently white victims? Well educated? In good careers? Married?

I'm keen to know your tipping point

How many more women will it take to come forward before you start to explore the idea he might be guilty? 10? 20?

Do they need to be predominently white victims? Well educated? In good careers? Married?

I'm keen to know your tipping point
I don't know. Good question.
I already said earlier in this thread I think the idea that he might be guilty is growing because of the stories that are surfacing. So perhaps my tipping point was already reached.

But then the whole Kirsten Knight story came up and I got some second thoughts. Morillo probably knew about all these stories himself, his image...so he knew he would never be able to defend himself in court? Or even if he was able to defend himself in court, his whole career would be over, no booker would ever attach his name to a event again. What if there indeed is something else at play?

Does that make me a Morillo-defender? A rapist sympathetic? Are my post ludicrous and concerning? I strongly disagree.
And to everyones feelings I might have hurt by calling them virtue signallers while they were expressing their true and honest virtuous feelings, I share those feeling with you so that was not intended. I even attached those feelings to some posts to make sure I wasn't misinterpreted.

Why do you have to play devils advocate if a woman was raped? Sure - if we're talking about Paradise moving from DC10 to Amnesia or something then sure. But for something where the evidence stacks up, you still want to play 'devils advocate' like its some juicy gossip or something.

Would you play 'devils advocate' if your girlfriend or sister was the victim?
Because this whole case is turning out to be juicy gossip! It's a mud fight. So it's interesting to discuss what could have happened right? It's pointless however because we will never know and I agree...the facts do not point a pretty picture for Morillo.

And to answer your question, whole different story. No off course I would not play devils advocate because I would be emotionally involved and there would be less gossip and mud fight because it's not a public case to speculate about.

"Assuming that he has no excuses and i fully condemns any kind of abuse and violence"

However I think she could have avoided staying at his house, knowing the kind of person he was, in the nightlife work environment they knew too well what type he was and his behavior towards women, and if such a thing serious and disrespectful happened
i don't think they were even friends, maybe just acquaintances. It was not appropriate to stay overnight even after experiencing sexual proposals. The fairest thing would have been to go in a hotel.

Im not sure if theres something lost in translation here, but some of the way you have worded this is very odd indeed.

"It was not appropriate to stay overnight..."

"The fairest thing to do...."

It sounds like you are saying, well she had it coming really... Maybe she shouldn't have put on a nice outfit or done her hair and make up so as not to make her more attractive to potential attackers?

Statistically most victims of abuse are known to their attackers, at least in the western world. Does it not occur to you that perhaps, as the long time friend of her partner, and being a colleague of hers, she maybe trusted him not to have sex with her while she was unconscious?

I'd be more tempted to say, this is a blight on our industry. An damning, uncomfortable truth that has been hidden away for too long and continues to this day. It would be more convenient for us to maintain the status quo rather than face the horror of our reality

We live in the “emotion and moral code before facts” age of social media, where judgement calls are made based on these beliefs and badly or none-researched news reports. I for myself am very happy that we have a justice system that takes all available evidence into account (not in this case anymore, unfortunately) and passes a judgement that is based on legal principles and not some convenient opinion formed in a matter of minutes on social media. As one of my favorite authors, Ferdinand von Schirach, would say, this the last “line of defense” that separates us from falling back into barbarism.

So for the time being, there is no crime, just an alleged crime that will probably never be resolved, we don’t know if the woman is a victim or not. As much as we urge for resolve and satisfaction aligned with our moral beliefs, it is not there. So anybody on here who denounces people of “victim-shaming” is seriously on the wrong path.

The truth sometimes goes along with what you believe - and sometimes doesn’t. As Michael Jackson was mentioned on here already, I recommend to watch the Netflix documentary, which changed my mind on his case. Remember everybody was convinced he bleaches his skin and used to laugh about him when he was referring to a skin disease? Well, his autopsy revealed he had this very skin disease.

Back