Egypt...

I second that, went in 07 to sharm-naama bay great hotel ( the marriot) fantastic weather and good value for money and poss going again oct this year for kids half term.

I second that, went in 07 to sharm-naama bay great hotel ( the marriot) fantastic weather and good value for money and poss going again oct this year for kids half term.

We stayed in Makadi Palace, Hurghadda. Top draw.

A pound a day for the waiter who made sure I always had a cold beer or cocktail nearby!!

Can't praise the hotel or the people enough.

Pyramids - now that is crazy town!

Definitely a "must do" - I loved it, amazing place, so much to see, lovely people...

hi mrs hdr ;):D

yep, i very nearly ended up doing a french and arabic degree at uni, which would have meant at least a couple of years at uni in cairo.

as i said, very high on the list...:D

you cant miss the "PACHA" boat sitting on the Nile in Cairo. Clearly not the club we love.

I personally hate Egypt - horrible place, not particularly friendly people and very intimidating. Saying that if I were to go anywhere, it would be Alexandria. Cario is crammed and anything down the red sea is tacky.

I will caveat the above by saying I have been about ten times to the country and my opinion is slightly improving each time I go.

I was there in 1997 and loved it. However when I was there I wasn't staying at fancy hotels or looking for a place to go clubbing. Rural Egypt is where it's at.

Only minor mishap was when traveling on a bus in the middle of nowhere and waking up on a bus finding some guy trying to wa nk on my leg!

Other than that it wasn't too bad. Easy place to travel... and at the time I was a girl on my own, so much easier for guys.

october is an excellent time to vist, which cities are you going for?
if you need any advice about anything just ask.

i was there in 1997 and loved it. However when i was there i wasn't staying at fancy hotels or looking for a place to go clubbing. Rural egypt is where it's at.

only minor mishap was when traveling on a bus in the middle of nowhere and waking up on a bus finding some guy trying to wa nk on my leg!

other than that it wasn't too bad. Easy place to travel... And at the time i was a girl on my own, so much easier for guys.

omg!

I was there in 1997 and loved it. However when I was there I wasn't staying at fancy hotels or looking for a place to go clubbing. Rural Egypt is where it's at.

Only minor mishap was when traveling on a bus in the middle of nowhere and waking up on a bus finding some guy trying to wa nk on my leg!

Other than that it wasn't too bad. Easy place to travel... and at the time I was a girl on my own, so much easier for guys.

:eek::lol: Seems to be the norm, my mates were in Egypt about 10 years ago - she's a big boobied redheaded stunner and she and her mate were sunbathing on the beach (in bikini tops). She said she was lying there with her eyes closed and she heard something she opened her eyes and looked up and there is a beach trader standing at the foot of her sunbed, quiet openly having a wa nk....

her and her mate chased him down the beach screaming at him.....:?:?:confused:

During February '08 I visited Egypt navigating the Nile: Luxor, Edfu, Kom Ombo, Assuan, loads of magnificent temples and ruins...

It's been the best holiday of my life :!::!::!:

Your right England does have all that 'n then some - like every other country.. I know what your implying mate (and if your not then you really are a narrow minded, ignorant c**t) but you should look before you leap.. You made an assumption based on my comment and you couldn't be further from the truth :rolleyes:

which is??

dave,

thanks for the life story. ;):D

but i don't think for a minute olly was implying what u have presumed.

:lol:
Im half Sri Lankan, my mum was an immigrant to the UK, my missus is Kenyan and about 90% of my friends have non English parents. I love nothing more than going to different countries that have different cultures (I've been to every continent except South America&Antarctica).

I HATE racist/discriminative people.. oh hang on can I post photo's? on this site...

Okay.. Well this is me getting the autograph of a Sri Lankan cricketer.. Shortly after I had watch them beat ENGLAND!

kumar.jpg

Me and my B*P loving mates.... :rolleyes:

DSC00476.jpg

And as you can see, I can't stand being around any Johnny foreigners... :rolleyes: These children live in an orphange in India which was set up and is run by the mum of one of my closest friends (see above picture). I'll tell you this (and im speaking from experience), those kids didn't see me as a white bloke.. They saw me as someone who took some time out to play with them and show them a bit of love and attention, which as an orphan is just a tad bit more important than the colour of someone's skin.

DSC00548.jpg

p.s In case your wondering, I know I have white skin! My mother was a light skinned Sri Lankan but I took after my English dad anyway.

NO WAY!

You have non white friends?!!

Have you not seen the spotlight on the Space terrace pics?

ku+klux+klan

dave,

thanks for the life story. ;):D

but i don't think for a minute olly was implying what u have presumed.

agreed, i think your reaction was a bit out of proportion mate ( you shouldnt take Olly's provocations too seriously)

and is it coincidence that Polacks thread ended up with KKK pics:)

Back