Egypt...

im going on monday. total last minute decision . all in 4*. not expecting much other than not being at work for a week so should be good!

im going on monday. total last minute decision . all in 4*. not expecting much other than not being at work for a week so should be good!

I'm just after some sun really. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I just seen an all inclusive in Sharm for £600.

(Yep, all inclusive is a little limiting but still.....)

weird question Buckers.....?? I've been alone lot's of times, used to find great comfort in my own company. still do when the opportunity arises.

Not weird, JJ. I've been on holiday alone before (Tenegrief in Sept last time). Some places have more for a person on their own than others though.

just seen a load of dodgy reviews of this place ,
oh well a week off is a week off
25iw206.jpg

I go to Egypt quite often (thankfully my company puts me up in the 4 seasons). It is not a place I would consider spending my money to go on holiday. Seriously, it is poor. Even in the tourist areas etc. But I guess you can see for yourself!

I go to Egypt quite often (thankfully my company puts me up in the 4 seasons). It is not a place I would consider spending my money to go on holiday. Seriously, it is poor. Even in the tourist areas etc. But I guess you can see for yourself!

Couldn't find a booking I was happy with so maybe not!

... Egypt ... is not a place I would consider
spending my money to go on holiday.
Seriously, it is poor. Even in the tourist areas etc. ...

one of those countries (like marocco, tunesia, turkey, etc) i visited twice ...
...first time = last time ...

Didn't book anything so if anyone can think of anywhere I can get some sun for 5/6 days, I'll owe you a beer!

This February, I was in Hurghada (Makadi Bay) for 3 days and spent a day in Cairo.

Just for catching some sun and swimming in the sea, it was excellent. There was a large private hotel beach, everything inclusive, nothing to worry about, crystal clear water, no waves. Apart from that (and watersports and diving), there is really nothing to do. It also feels like being in a luxury jail, because outside of the hotel, it is just desert, with checkpoints, armed soldiers and lots of garbage just lying around.

The hotel food was awful (taste wise), but then I intentionally chose the hotel with the best beach, which also happened to have the worst food in Makadi Bay. Or maybe not - I looked at other hotels in the area too, their buffets didn't look much better. Maybe I'm just spoiled - I don't find half-board buffets in Ibiza that great either.

Cairo was great for sightseeing (pyramids, the Egypt antiquities museum, citadel), but not a city I would want to live in! Huge traffic jams, smog and poverty, the streets smell after donkey urine mixed with exhaust from 30 years old cars. The area surrounding the pyramids is also crammed with scammers, everyone attempts to extract a tip from you. Photography inside the pyramids is prohibited so that guards can extract bribes. Amazing that this country got to keep so many ancient treasures - they all should have ended in private collections in the West long ago with this level of corruption.

Nevertheless, I will certainly go to Cairo again for more sightseeing. Not so sure about Hurghada though.

well , back from holiday and it was fantastic! temps got up to 37-40 degrees , they were having a mini heatwave while we were there. Hotel was fine , food did the job for an all inclusive (not amazing but perfectly edible). Id recommend going snorkling for sure , we also went quad biking in the desert which was fun. Its abit of a weird place thats still very much being developed so when u go outside your hotel theres building sites everywhere. If i wanted a top notch holiday id go elsewhere but for some cheap sun in March it was well worth it

Back