eden

This may sound odd but people who go to the west end may also be decent people who want to have a cheap night before going into the places we all go to Ibiza for, the Clubs.
I am one of those people who doesn't want to go into a club and pay £6plus for a drink when I can get a little bit drunk for a 1/3 of the price.
The west end does have a use - getting tanked up before going into one of the best clubs in the world. It's only other purpose is to get the beer boys and sl@gs out of the way so we can have a good time.

Sorry for my rant but it had to be said that not all the people who go to the west end are vvankers.

The first time I went to Ibiza was with "the lads" and the West-End was our first stop on our nights out, admittedly to get (pretty) drunk before hitting the clubs.

This year, I'm off with the girlfriend, and will probably avoid the West End because I am certain she will find it too overpowering (people trying to drag us into bars, lookie-lookie women tugging at her hair etc).

It's took me months to persuade her to come to Ibiza, because she's seen "Ibiza Uncovered" and "Club Reps" and was horrified. The novelty factor of these programs is far outweighed by the damage they must do to the tourise industry, by scaring some people away.

But...we will be going to Eupohoria@Eden. I went last time, had a ball, and they play the type of tunes I like (commercial trance). I know that there are better places, but we are on a seriously tight budget this year (...well, she is) and will unfortunately have to avoid Privelege etc.

If someone could recommend some tunes that are currently being played at Space/Pacha (or even tell me what genre they play, sorry, very uneducated about that side of the Island)?

edan

judgement sunday and dave pearce are all over priced and not worth the money.
their purelly dj's caching in on their names.

for edan.. check out clockwork and the gallery and retro. and maybe lashed. but again another dj cashing in on their so called fame. should nto be what ibiza is about

Ill be going to Eden a lot id its cheap ebery night for the drink. Think it works out about £2.50 for a drink with that fair price policy dont it?

You cant complain about that!!

The bf isnt really into prog or house, hes a trance fan, so im doing it to keep him happy, but i do like ma trance, hence going to see PVD & Tiesto @ Amnesia.

Dave Pearce aint the best dj in the world, but hes a crowd pleaser, and if thats what u want, fair do 8)

Re: edan

ksixty9 said:
judgement sunday and dave pearce are all over priced and not worth the money.
their purelly dj's caching in on their names.

Your just picking on them two cause you dont like them Half the nights on the island are Dj's cashing in on there names:

Lashed - lisa lashes
Release Yourself - Roger Sanchez
Underwater - Darren Emerson
Subliminal - Erick Morillo
Euphoria - Dave Pearce
Judgement Sunday - Judge Jules
Carl Cox

all the other dj's just havent jumped on the bandwagon yet

scooter

i agree scooter is pathetic and talentless, one of the girls im goin to ibiza is mad on scooter and ive already warned her that if she takes her scooter albumn i will be throwing away!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else agree with me??????????

Opinions

We all like different things, hell I like alot of 80's music but classical music is ruff!!

If you go to a night in Ibiza, doesn't necessarily mean its shite, just means it's not for you.

For example, quite alot of people like Pete Tong, but I think his music is dull, but i wouldn't diss him cause I can't mix a tune in front of thousands!

The best thing to do is listen to clubbing music before you go and if you like trance then see trance shows, if you go to something you don't like then you takes the risk, however previous to Ibiza last year I didn't like Hard House/Trance but Eddie Halliwell and Anne Savage really changed my opinion!!

Go with an open mind!

Re: Opinions

pie said:
We all like different things, hell I like alot of 80's music but classical music is ruff!!

If you go to a night in Ibiza, doesn't necessarily mean its shite, just means it's not for you.

For example, quite alot of people like Pete Tong, but I think his music is dull, but i wouldn't diss him cause I can't mix a tune in front of thousands!

The best thing to do is listen to clubbing music before you go and if you like trance then see trance shows, if you go to something you don't like then you takes the risk, however previous to Ibiza last year I didn't like Hard House/Trance but Eddie Halliwell and Anne Savage really changed my opinion!!

Go with an open mind!

I think that's really sound advice. Plus, there's always the factor that the dj you think will be playing tribal might feel something else at that moment in time and wind up spinning trance or something. I think as long as you're in good spirits and up for it, you can't be disappointed.

Jonny Litts said:
This may sound odd but people who go to the west end may also be decent people who want to have a cheap night before going into the places we all go to Ibiza for, the Clubs.
I am one of those people who doesn't want to go into a club and pay £6plus for a drink when I can get a little bit drunk for a 1/3 of the price.
The west end does have a use - getting tanked up before going into one of the best clubs in the world. It's only other purpose is to get the beer boys and sl@gs out of the way so we can have a good time.

Sorry for my rant but it had to be said that not all the people who go to the west end are vvankers.

Well said bro...All this business pisses me off big time.I like to warm up around the west end b4 hitting the big clubs and yes I sometimes wear ben sherman shirts......big motherxxxxing deal....What conclusions would I come to if I used wot people wear and how they look as a way of judging there personality???...Its all bull$hit man :twisted: Like I said in other posts I hate people xxxxing with other peoples hols coz they cant handle drink as much as I hate snobery....

Sometimes people choose a certain crime that suits their vogue so therefore in their oh-so mighty books makes it an OK act..

heres to the west end.....ibiza town....and just ibiza in general....its mixed everywhere......chill brethrens.....

james said:
i don't understand what all the fuss is with dissing dave pearce - i reckon we're just all jealous, cos he makes a pile of cash for doing something which could be done by just about anyone

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pearce2_new.gif

Back