'Eco Tax' in the Balearics?

Apparently it costs €2.8 million to build 19 local occupancy dwellings :)

I’ve just had a text from my friend who’s staying at the sensatori resort in Cala Tarida saying they’ve been charged almost €100 in “resort fees” for a 2 week stay. Is this the same as the environment tax in hotels or is it something that just applies to resorts? Thanks :)

I think thats the same, there are different rates depending on the accommodation, 2.20 a day is the highest

Whatever the rate is remember that IVA is then added - yes a Tax on a Tax ????

Last edited:
Hello!

Just wondering what the current tourist / eco tax charges are in Ibiza?

Friends of ours have just been stung for 49 euro per person for a 4 night stay in PDB - seems very high!

Hello!

Just wondering what the current tourist / eco tax charges are in Ibiza?

Friends of ours have just been stung for 49 euro per person for a 4 night stay in PDB - seems very high!
Max 4€ per person per night I believe. So shouldn’t have been more than 16€ per person. Sounds either wrong, or something else wrapped up in the 49€

Cant beleive this nonsense still exists, I doubt Ibiza's carbon emissions have been cut since it started given the increasing excess on the island. But then again its small change compared to Vegas' 'resort fee' grift.

56 euros for the wife and I for 9 days, just paid. Kids aren't charged, which I hadn't remembered

Id love to see a study on what this tax has delivered over the last 20 years or so, there are more cars on the island than ever, the huge luxury hotels that have been built arent exactly eco concious. All feels like just a stealth tax.

Back