Eating in Ibiza Town

just wanted to add my 2 pennarth worth (Robo styleee).

The old town for us is one of the most chilled romantic places ever, with some great restaurants. Often advisable to book, as they are very busy or so we have found. True, you do pay probably over the odds, but imo it's worth it if you only do it once per holiday.

:D :D :D

We always eat in Ibiza town, we've rooted out some faves over the years.

Some good restaurants, especially La Brasa ;)

The better restaurants are quite expensive and IMO you generally don't get enough for a good feed - unless, of course you go for Paella LOL.

Depends on the night out, if we're going to a club we may just grab a cheaper meal the harbour front.

DrewUK said:
We always eat in Ibiza town, we've rooted out some faves over the years.

Some good restaurants, especially La Brasa ;)

The better restaurants are quite expensive and IMO you generally don't get enough for a good feed - unless, of course you go for Paella LOL.

Depends on the night out, if we're going to a club we may just grab a cheaper meal the harbour front.

if you want cheap but very good: Restaurant Victoria which is a small family run restaurant where there is always a long line of people waiting for a table. There are more like this and you will notice them by the people waiting outside. Don't be surprised when someone asks to join your table, this is normal procedure. Also Los Pasajeros in Ibiza is known for a good meal at a decent price.

My favorite is Rincon del Puerto: excellent Italian family run restaurant which serves huge portions (you don't need a starter, you will not be able to finish your main dish!). Try the Parmesan nell Parmesan or the huga tuna steaks, or the almejas, or the mejillones, or... :D

There are loads more, the restaurants on Placa des Parc, etc. etc. ... damn, i've only just got back and i'm already counting the days until 15 september for another session of extreme enjoyment of the island :D

cheers,
pawa

I ate in a restauant called Dalt Villa two weeks ago and we had a relly nice meal. I think it came to around 80 or 90 euros for two, including wine.
If your budget is lower there is a decent cheap Italian (pizzas and Pasta) called Pinocchio. Very reasonable. Great for people watching if you get a table outside. Its on one of the small streets parallel to Calle de Virgin.

Guys, where exactly is Sa Torreta. May have to try in September.

spunkymonkey,

we ate at the very place you talk of last year (the italian), as we couldn't get a table elsewhere. There was a young couple + toddler at the next table, we had a smashing time watching the couple challening the tot to race to a marker somewhere and back. The tot was dodging in and out of people, and eventually the plot worked as he litterally fell asleep stood up after 1/2 an hour!!

This was mixed with watching every conceivable nationality/ sexual orientation/ top totty strutting past. A great cheaper alternative to the more expensive places.

I love Ibiza Town :D :D :D

Ive eaten at a few restaruants in Placa des Parcs and would say they are genereally overpriced 'tourist' restaurants. Had a really high quality meal at a restaruant behind the Pacha shop last year. Cant remember the name though.

The best food in Ibiza town can, IMHO, only be bought druing the day. There is a baker near the cathedral which makes the most eye-wateringly beautiful apple and sugar cakes and hot bread things. Yum Yum

Mike and I ate at a lovely little place ... about two doors up from the NEW Base Bar ... an obviously family run place .. it was incredibly cheap and extremely tasty ... and ... DO try the sangria there ...

bon profit - plaza del parque.

the only restaurant there where they don't need to ask if you want to sit up or downwind of the other customers!

djb

i have to recooment the cheap spaghetto bolognese at Savannah, it´s rediculous to go to Ibiza and have something so oridinary, but its really tasty and only costs about 5,5 euros!

Ibiza-girlie said:
Well I dunno about Ibiza townarea, but I heard about some grill place that schould be amazing for real gourmet´s. Bambuddhas grove in Santa Eulalia is really good!!! www.bambuddha.com "!

Yeah, the food is really good here. Problem is that it is on the other side of the island. But if you're in the neigbourhood, check it out!

well Jim, the island is not that big, maybe it will cost 12-15 euros in a taxi but its worth the visit! he place is my absolute favourite!

Curry Club

Never made it too the Curry Club last year, wasn't brave enough, it was supposed to be good though.

Went to Chiquetos twice for mexican!!
Other days we got takeaway pizza in!

sunny_d said:
there's an argentinian steak restaurant on one of the roads just outside the town centre - this has imported argentian beef which is rather nice and not too pricey

its called la vaca argentina!! 8)

vacaargentina.jpg

Restaurant D'alt Villa was excellent. Great atmosphere sitting outside watching the street liven up as the sun set and the lights came on. Very friendly waiters, superb service and they even had my favorite desert: crepes covered in fresh raspberries and ice cream...mmmm yummy! :D

I love eating in Ibiza.

Thaid Up C/de La Virgin. I would higly recommend
Kasbah in San An, great cheapish food
L'Elephant, yummy the best
Pikes Hotel

stephen said:
ooh kittens head you've been to all the wrong places. i like to think i know a thing or two about food ( i used to write restaurant reviews) and believe me there are tons of fantastic restaurants here, from the very cheap basic spanish 'transport cafes' to rustic places out in the country. i don't think you need to spend a lot of money to get good service and good food - i never do.

i'm totaly agry with you on this point...about ibiza town, the restaurant called "dalt villa" is very good and not very expensive.... there are good typical cheaper restaurant in the north...

Back