Easter weekend

:lol: - saw that electric roller disco on last Saturday at Hackey Downs and wondered whether you'd be going along .. so is that Easter @ Eagle then, or are they doing a more mainstream event ?

Horsemeat ain't horsemeat unless it's at the Eagle (or the Downlow).

I'll be very surprised if I don't wind up there on the Sun.

electric frog in glasgow has been great event , still waiting to see their lineup for the 7th & 8th....supposed to be new venue this year as well.

whispers it could be visionquest & laurent garnier.

garnier is in the uk that weekend.

I saw it's at Red Gallery.. never heard of it. I'm guessing its going to be pretty basic!

Went to Ostgut Ton showcase there last April which was a really tops night. Another 'Creative space' in use pending demolition, kind of on the Corner of Old Street/Gt Eastern St. So no, it's not Fabric/MOS. Could be some toilet grumbles if you're fussy and likely a cash-only bar but there are plenty of CPs nearby and it's in staggering distance of bars etc. Actually thought it was fine that night and only a few hundred people so cosy. There were 2 floors in use, acoustic drapes & a good sound setup, and a cloakroom - but guess it'll depend how Shake It! crew sets the place up.

Heck, can't remember seeing L&B play since The End closed but know a fair few people who still go to Shake it. How's their sound these days ?

Went to Ostgut Ton showcase there last April which was a really tops night. Another 'Creative space' in use pending demolition, kind of on the Corner of Old Street/Gt Eastern St. So no, it's not Fabric/MOS. Could be some toilet grumbles if you're fussy and likely a cash-only bar but there are plenty of CPs nearby and it's in staggering distance of bars etc. Actually thought it was fine that night and only a few hundred people so cosy. There were 2 floors in use, acoustic drapes & a good sound setup, and a cloakroom - but guess it'll depend how Shake It! crew sets the place up.

Heck, can't remember seeing L&B play since The End closed but know a fair few people who still go to Shake it. How's their sound these days ?

Saw them at Egg last year after LED festival. It was pretty much tech-house all night. Reminded me a bit of what Lawler plays these days.

I've heard they have reduced the capacity of Red Gallery, hope it isn't too rammed.

It was a nice little venue, no way was there 500 people in there though, id say half that.

You're better off asking Rob about the L&B set as it's all a bit blurry from my part :oops:

I quite fancy going to Cream on the saturday to see oakenfold, ive heard hes back on form

Seeing Oakie next week with Armin at this Ministry midweek event. Hopefully he'll be good

:lol:. Any feedback, Robo ?

right, well, i am rubbish at this but...

I've never really been a massive fan of l and b, could always take it or leave it.

Layo played first and I was fairly impressed, he kept taking it up and down with the usual tech edged house and some more "Housier" influenced stuff which led to some nice moments. Bushwacka came on and played his usual tech stuff which to be honest is what i was expecting. I though Layo was the better one out of the two. Tune of the night has to be the last one, At les....

All in all it was a good night. Venue was a nice little venue as well, cemented my opinon on smaller venues, good sound as well

right, well, i am rubbish at this but...

I've never really been a massive fan of l and b, could always take it or leave it.

Layo played first and I was fairly impressed, he kept taking it up and down with the usual tech edged house and some more "Housier" influenced stuff which led to some nice moments. Bushwacka came on and played his usual tech stuff which to be honest is what i was expecting. I though Layo was the better one out of the two. Tune of the night has to be the last one, At les....

All in all it was a good night. Venue was a nice little venue as well, cemented my opinon on smaller venues, good sound as well

Thanks - always good to hear back on the venue & the music.. have thought about going to Shake It! a few times & always backed off. Kind of feel the same about L & B, Robo - it was Lawler's residency nights at The End which were my favourites - when I was full-on into dark drums moons ago. At Les is very "l & b" tho'! Glad you had a good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUzR26NGgas

Bit of Carl Craig @ Mulletover this end - Wasn't overly into Mulletover's Halloween shindig but that was mostly down to the venue.

This Pulse looks half decent tbh - anyone checked it b4?

Bit of Carl Craig @ Mulletover this end - Wasn't overly into Mulletover's Halloween shindig but that was mostly down to the venue.

This Pulse looks half decent tbh - anyone checked it b4?

Not a bad club, Very like where the warehouse project was in manchester (a Railway Arch!)

but they blew it with there first big night with Morillo, Telling him to turn the music off at 7 when they had a 24 hour licence! I mean who tells Eric More Morillo to turn the music off?

Back