Earthquake in the UK?

Any of you Brits feel the earth move last night?

There was a slight tremor around Noel St WC1 when I left a restaurant to find Westminster Council had clamped my car!:evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
funny that you say that becaus I was lying in bed half asleep last night and thought Mini Jam Man had jumped on the end of the bed. Looked up and no-one there...

Guss that's what it was then...

i felt it clearly, weird sensation.

some of the reporting has been so funny. sky news had a picture of some bricks on the floor :)lol:) and bbc were reading out people's text, the funniest went something like this:

as an ex-forces officer, i'm always alert to danger, so when i felt the tremor at just before "zero one hundred hours", my army instinct kicked in and i shouted through to my 4 year old son "EARTHQUAKE, GET UP IMMEDIATELY, IT'S AN EARTHQUAKE"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

some of the reporting has been so funny. sky news had a picture of some bricks on the floor :)lol:) and bbc were reading out people's text, the funniest went something like this:

i can just see this guy, asleep...with one eye open, in jungle fatigues, face blacked out etc..........:lol:

i can just see this guy, asleep...with one eye open, in jungle fatigues, face blacked out etc..........:lol:
I get this image of him screaming "EVERYONE INTO THE GARDEN. A MINIMUM OF 10 METERS FROM THE BUILDING. GO! GO! GO!" :lol:

didn't feel a thing and I live closer to it than alot of the people who say they felt it!
I've lived through 4 or 5 earthquakes but only felt 2 of them. When they're that mild it's usually not enough to wake you up.

As FF noted above, our good friend LagunaBeach probably has some harrowing California earthquake stories to tell...

I've lived through 4 or 5 earthquakes but only felt 2 of them. When they're that mild it's usually not enough to wake you up.

As FF noted above, our good friend LagunaBeach probably has some harrowing California earthquake stories to tell...

"I pulled out my weapon and shot that earthquake mutha****a! He knows not to tremor around my property again!"

good point, plus these days I could sleep through a 747 going through our bedroom....:lol:

I also think (and yep I'm a cynic) that some people will say they felt something just to be part of the crowd......we'll have someone in cornwall saying they felt it soon....sad but true!

Wheres our man in LagunaBeach in this time of national panic?

That was my thought the minute I saw this thread this morning, but I wasn't surely he appreciated by affectionate sarcasm last time out so I thought better of it...

didn't feel a thing and I live closer to it than alot of the people who say they felt it!

I remember the ones in manchester about 5-6 yrs ago, I was working in an office on King St at the time and the building visibly shook :eek:

I then read in the MUEN that night that Brenard manning had had a fall!!!.............................................................................................................................................boom tish!!!

That was my thought the minute I saw this thread this morning, but I wasn't surely he appreciated by affectionate sarcasm last time out so I thought better of it...

if everyone had guns then there wouldn't be any earthquakes!

PMSL - probably had flashbacks to 'Nam "Man you werent there!!" all Rambo-esque

It made me miss the end of the CSI that i was watching! Ggggrrrr!

Bloody unthoughtful tectonic plates!

Quite exciting though :)

was on the phone when it happened was really weird as i thought the insides of my wardrobe had collapsed but at the same time my mate on the phone thought she had polterguist comin to get her lol

Back