Drum"n"Bass on the island?

D

djserum

I am planning on taking a trip to Ibiza this coming summer, I know that the island offers an incredible array of House and Techno. What I don't know is if there is a Drum"n"Bass scene, and where and when is the best time to catch it. I appreciate any and all answers that are offered......

"Keep the tables turning" DJ Serum

it slightly changes from year to year, and this year there wasnt much....maybe there will be some announcements on this board in spring!

'ibiza' is just getting over the 'invasion' of hip-hop, which happened last year.

dnb will probably do the same as the garage nights, i.e. go to a san antonio club for one or two years.

I personally think Ibiza schould have electronic music represented, but mainly the dancey stuff and avoid the urban things as they are so well manifested in our everyday life :eek:

Ibiza-girlie said:
I personally think Ibiza schould have electronic music represented, but mainly the dancey stuff and avoid the urban things as they are so well manifested in our everyday life :eek:

I'd love to see more electro nights in Ibiza, but they don't seem to popular. Pin-Up tried one which seemed to disappear without trace.

I suppose Cocoon is the best as it has djs playing dark electro and gets people like Miss Kittin and Felx Da Housekat.

Wish Dave Clarke would play Ibiza though with one of his mighty electro sets.

Ibiza-girlie said:
hehehe......
I was kinda waiting for that one! ;)

Just trying to keep you in line :lol: ;)

I've been to Slinky in England, they have likes of John kelly, Judge Jules etc playing there, it's pretty good but reminds me of a poor man's Gatecrasher or Godskitchen.

uhh Jules at Slinky, no thats no good! we heard Marco V when we were there in Ibiza.and some other more prog. DJ´s......the place wasnt´rammed at all, but pretty full when we left (due to some blonde, ehm getting way too tipsy again!) :oops:

Im a big D&B fan myself, would luv to hears some out in ibiza, but the only close thing to it was the helter skelter night @ Es Paradis & Twice As Nice played some comercial drum & bass.

djserum said:
I am planning on taking a trip to Ibiza this coming summer, I know that the island offers an incredible array of House and Techno. What I don't know is if there is a Drum"n"Bass scene, and where and when is the best time to catch it. I appreciate any and all answers that are offered......

"Keep the tables turning" DJ Serum

You should give Deja Vu a go if you like ya breaks.
Personally, i'm into hardcore, gabber etc, so hearing house everywhere was a bit slow and a bit boring - but I wasn't about to complain because that's what I expected - I just learnt to enjoy it really.

Deja Vu is all about Old Skool really, but you'll get people like Blackmarket, Ratpack, Slipmatt etc etc etc playing there that you might know.

I never got the oppurtunity to go myself, but I would've thought they might spin a few old dnb tracks...

does anywhere on the island play music other then house? maybe some trance, or "hardcore"??? I couldn't stand hearing only house

LokiUS530 said:
does anywhere on the island play things other then house? maybe some trance, or "hardcore"??? I couldn't stand hearing only house

There's plenty of trance, eg. Cream @ Amnesia, various nights @ Eden and Es Paradis.

What do you mean by hardcore - hard house??

yes m 'am hard house is fine just not like poppy i wanna vomit house.... i can listen to it but now like evvveeeeeryyyyyyyy niiiiiighhhht (p.s. excuse my bad grammar above i fixed it) lol

LokiUS530 said:
yes m 'am hard house is fine just not like poppy i wanna vomit house.... i can listen to it but now like evvveeeeeryyyyyyyy niiiiiighhhht (p.s. excuse my bad grammar above i fixed it) lol

There's a bit of hard house, quite a lot of trance and loads of house. By poppy house I take it you mean cheesey euro trance $hit, as long as you avoid the West End and certain nights @ Es Paradis and Eden you'll be fine :D

lmao not all euro trance is bad! i mean like missy elliot house remixes lol.... and just basically SHIT music... ugh i had bad music....

Back