Drugs

Some benzos can be active at a very low dose, but I have no idea whether they can be administered by injection, and just a little off required dose could probably kill someone, especially if they've been drinking too.

Other thoughts are that people are being pricked by needles but it's more just a dickhead/copycat thing, and any spiking is being done via the traditional route.

I don't think there's been a case yet where the authorities have been able to say this person was given a particular drug via a needle?
As a psychiatric nurse I am fairly confident people are not getting needle spiked. Either that or I am really bad at giving intramuscular injections

Last edited:
On slight tangent, I convinced myself I'd been spiked at a work xmas thing at a pub in Farringdon in 2002 because I reacted really strangely to the booze and the evening ended up at st mary's in paddington after falling down the stairs at edgware road tube and some aussie finding me and calling an ambulance. Maybe a case of the subconscious putting the brake on but I've not got seriously drunk in the 20 years since so maybe some good came out of it... 👀

It could also be a case of counterfeit booze, or mixing. There was a ton of cases in the DR of people getting sick and some dying as a result. Nothing showed up in tox screens. No reason to think ALL these people are making this up, be careful people.

It could also be a case of counterfeit booze, or mixing. There was a ton of cases in the DR of people getting sick and some dying as a result. Nothing showed up in tox screens. No reason to think ALL these people are making this up, be careful people.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the stories are made up as such - just the evidence to support that needle spiking is behind these subjective experiences.

Has anyone else notice a change in minimum spend with their dealer?

2019 - €50
2022 - €250

I mean there’s no issue as we’re spending that and I have a guy that I know will be about San Antonio, but just an observation.

It's possible but to me seems very high risk to use a needle. Got to carry the needle in to the club, unsheathe it, get in a position so you can inject a muscle, very painfully inject someone with no one noticing then try to take advantage

Just thinking out loud. There's a lot of scumbag out there so who knows?

In a club setting, that seems very unlikely - especially en masse. Maybe at a house party you could be more discreet with that kind of behaviour.

But I guess these reports aren't exclusively about clubs - that's just our own internal biases making that assumption. Drugs are taken both consensually and, unfortunately, non-consensually in a variety of settings

2019 - €50
2022 - €250

I mean there’s no issue as we’re spending that and I have a guy that I know will be about San Antonio, but just an observation.
surely we can blame putin for that too 🤣

jokes aside, i was told that certain things are not as easy to get because they come via the black sea trading routes. we can definitely lay that squarely at his door :spank:

2019 - €50
2022 - €250

Not been out yet but they've been pushing the 'party bag' more and more. Let's be honest your a dealer, there's been more heat this season in some resorts - do you want to take a risk for a small amount (knowing you're going to have to keep going back) or push to do it one.

A close group of friends were there two weeks ago and gave a lot of surplus to people in the hotel on last day which probably supports your point.

Apologies about the paper but relevant info. No deaths to MDMA that I can see 🤔

Another young lad apparently died after a festival around here taking a sleeper, guess that may be part of designer drug category mentioned

it's really weird though because toxicologists haven't found any traces yet the women were all reporting symptoms of being drugged (?)

Rohypnol in particular can completely leave the system anywhere between 4-12 hours depending on dosage

Some benzos can be active at a very low dose, but I have no idea whether they can be administered by injection, and just a little off required dose could probably kill someone, especially if they've been drinking too.

Other thoughts are that people are being pricked by needles but it's more just a dickhead/copycat thing, and any spiking is being done via the traditional route.

I don't think there's been a case yet where the authorities have been able to say this person was given a particular drug via a needle?
Benzo's are more likely to be crushed and slipped in a drink. The effect would be amplified if mixed with alcohol or MDMA though it's an incredibly dangerous thing to do in a club setting because if you mix diazepam, tamazepam or nitrazepam with decent quality cocaine it would be like playing heart attack roulette as your brain chemistry tries to cope with your system trying to pull in two different directions at once.

On slight tangent, I convinced myself I'd been spiked at a work xmas thing at a pub in Farringdon in 2002 because I reacted really strangely to the booze and the evening ended up at st mary's in paddington after falling down the stairs at edgware road tube and some aussie finding me and calling an ambulance. Maybe a case of the subconscious putting the brake on but I've not got seriously drunk in the 20 years since so maybe some good came out of it... 👀
Ha i also had an experience on an xmas night out where i was 99% sure i was spiked. As someone who can handle the booze till a certain point it definitley wasn’t just drink! Wasn’t pleasant at all

Back