Drugs

How hard would it honestly be to have these facilities at every festival and maybe every big club or town centre?

MPs call for drug safety testing amid fears of rise in festival deaths | Drugs policy | The Guardian
I watched the parliamentary committee on nightlife and a section on testing at festivals was mentioned. Festivals that had it, had no drug deaths. Those on the committee was asking the right questions, nothing patronising. But sadly I think there is no political will to change anything. You’ve only got to look at the reply from the Home Office.

TBF, Rogan is actually really solid most of the time. He does give FAR too many people a platform for their psycho BS tho, and he definitely gets himself in trouble with some stupid shit he says.
He does have some types on that I really don't like and so I don't listen that much these days. But when he has someone decent on - like Rick Doblin - it's worth a listen. Your choice.
So if I was posting content from the founder of White Supremacists The Proud Boys (who Rogan had on) on here, or stuff from Alt-Right Conspiracy nutter Alex Jones, you'd think that's ok because you liked some of my other posts?

He's a scumbag.

I watched the parliamentary committee on nightlife and a section on testing at festivals was mentioned. Festivals that had it, had no drug deaths. Those on the committee was asking the right questions, nothing patronising. But sadly I think there is no political will to change anything. You’ve only got to look at the reply from the Home Office.

Indeed, that standard HO reply is pathetic and really just shows a lack of engagement on the issue. Christ, the sooner Scotland becomes independent and escapes the clutches of Priti Patel, or whoever her successor might be, the better. (Though strangely I'm not aware of any Scottish festivals having those drug checking facilities...)

How hard would it honestly be to have these facilities at every festival and maybe every big club or town centre?

MPs call for drug safety testing amid fears of rise in festival deaths | Drugs policy | The Guardian
Indeed.

I think it should be a mandatory thing that has to be provided, and organised in the planning stages of any event etc.

If things open up fully this summer then I do fear the predictions from this link may occur.

I had a good chat with some volunteers from the Loop at WHP in Manchester once, and I’ve seen them a few times at various places.

Absolutely great work they do, I take my hat off to them.

We’ll never really know how many lives their service will save, but without them there is a higher chance people will die I think.

I think it’s a really common sense thing, an absolute no brainer really.

But get politicians involved and it soon ends up a never ending wrangle.

Indeed, that standard HO reply is pathetic and really just shows a lack of engagement on the issue. Christ, the sooner Scotland becomes independent and escapes the clutches of Priti Patel, or whoever her successor might be, the better. (Though strangely I'm not aware of any Scottish festivals having those drug checking facilities...)
The Home Secretary is only in charge of law enforcement in England and Wales.

Scotland has one of the highest (if not highest) drug death rates in Europe. Whoever is running the show needs kicking out, and changing tact. Prohibition and criminalisation doesn’t work.

The Home Secretary is only in charge of law enforcement in England and Wales.

Scotland has one of the highest (if not highest) drug death rates in Europe. Whoever is running the show needs kicking out, and changing tact. Prohibition and criminalisation doesn’t work.

Scotland isn't in charge of its own drug laws. It looks like there's a will to bring in drug consumption rooms, but there's a bit of fuzziness around whether we can just break and do that. The whole issue of drug deaths is complex. There's a difference between how you might tackle 'addictive' drug deaths and recreational drug deaths. Then there's tackling the drivers behind drug addiction (poverty, mental health, etc). I have more (if not complete) faith in the SNP/Scottish Greens to deal with these issues than the Tories, but hands are tied in many areas.

Sky Documentaries. Liverpool Narcos. 3 episodes, Smack, Pills and Coke. About the drug and party scene in 80’s and 90’s

I just watched these through the week, found them really interesting actually.

The first one about heroin I found pretty grim, as you can expect.

The second one though, about ecstasy, was really good! It was definitively wetting my whistle and making me want to get out and get on it 🤪 I love seeing the old rave footage and hearing peoples stories.

The third part about cocaine was interesting too.

I liked how the characters told the story via their own experiences.

‘Bob the Raver’ explaining his first pill. He made it sound great!

The pill dealer bloke describing the first time he went into a rave and saw people dancing and thinking they were a bunch of dickheads lol. Until his own pill started kicking in 😄

The international drug smuggler bloke that met the Cali cartel, and getting terrorised by their pet chimpanzee!

And the scouse copper that had to get drafted in specially to interpret the intercepted phone convos because the scouse drug smugglers accents were so strong they couldn’t work out what the hell they were saying 🤷‍♂️😄

Interesting programmes if anyone is looking for something to watch.

The second one though, about ecstasy, was really good! It was definitively wetting my whistle and making me want to get out and get on it 🤪 I love seeing the old rave footage and hearing peoples stories.

The pill dealer bloke describing the first time he went into a rave and saw people dancing and thinking they were a bunch of dickheads lol. Until his own pill started kicking in 😄

The international drug smuggler bloke that met the Cali cartel, and getting terrorised by their pet chimpanzee!

And the scouse copper that had to get drafted in specially to interpret the intercepted phone convos because the scouse drug smugglers accents were so strong they couldn’t work out what the hell they were saying 🤷‍♂️😄

The bit where you said they had to get a scouse in to understand a scouse accent got me laughing like haha

I really enjoyed the first 2, but the coke one, every clip was with a thieving crack head, robbing people blind.

Looks like 2c-b is next up to be studied, at Maastricht University.

Online Survey Software | Qualtrics Survey Solutions

On three separate dosing days, you will randomly receive 2C-B, psilocybin, or placebo. You must lie in a brain scanner for about 60 minutes and complete a series of computer and virtual reality tasks. Blood samples will be collected at one-hour intervals. Earwax samples will also be collected at the beginning and end of each dosing day. You will also complete several questionnaires. These days last about 6 hours.

After each of these dosing days, there are 2 follow-up measurements: once the next morning in the laboratory (3 hours) and once online after 5 days (1 hour). These follow-up measurements consist of computer tasks and questionnaires. The study ends when you have completed the three conditions or if you choose to discontinue your participation.

Recruitment is a 3-stage process. First, you will be pre-screened by completing the QR survey below. If you are eligible, you will meet with our researchers (video call) to discuss the project and be asked to sign a consent form. You will then be asked to complete a drug and medical questionnaire. If you are eligible, there will be a 1-hour medical examination to determine if you are eligible to participate. If you can participate, a 2-hour training session will then take place. These visits will precede the dosing days. The study consists of 8 visits and lasts 33 hours over a period of 9 weeks.

At the end of your participation in the study (if completed and depending on your task performance), you’d receive a remuneration of 421 Euros. In addition, all your travel fees would be reimbursed.

Now that lockdown is loosening has anyone seen our pal Gary recently? He's been on furlough a long time now and I'm getting worried ;)

Back