Drugs

lol I had been there a few times and didn't realize the size until I paid attention flying in. The city starts and you're still 25 mins from landing! totally wild.

The City puts an emphasis on tourist areas, high visibility areas, etc. to essentially keep them free from the homeless. It's bad for their image and business.
I know about skid row and how many blocks iti is now.. but I've seen pictures of camps on Venice Beach and homeless people's pit bulls attacking everyone in sight.. people saying we're paying $3500 a month and this camp pops up out side our door... crazy

I know about skid row and how many blocks iti is now.. but I've seen pictures of camps on Venice Beach and homeless people's pit bulls attacking everyone in sight.. people saying we're paying $3500 a month and this camp pops up out side our door... crazy
yup, it's legitimately awful. It's pretty much the same up and down the coast in California. Their weather is great 24/7/365 so it basically allows people to camp/sleep outside all the time. San Francisco is honestly worse tho. They are WAY more liberal and make PDX or LA look tame.

LA is incredibly large geographically and has large income inequality across most of it which drives poor neighborhoods and crime.

the poverty is incredible. entire shanty towns constructed underneath freeways. zombies just sat there by incinerators staring into space. In one of the richest places on earth. as a tourist though... it's amazing when you land at night. the grid of light beneath you is a bit overwhelming. I've been a few times now because my gf's folks live just south of LA. Endless preppy neighbourhoods until you reach Laguna which is artier. I prefer it north Pisno Beach up to the Big Sur where some of the old free spirit clings on. toothless hippies with stories to tell. LA itself is so vast. As a European you're not used to these streets that stretch for miles. There are bits of LA I like a lot. Had a lot of fun at the troubadour, amoeba records and chatting to the freaks at Venice. Cool party in the meat packing area where Young Marco was playing. the official weed you buy at venice wasn't all that but kept us going through the roadtrip.

Just heard that my usual “contact” on the island has retired- first port of call on landing next year will be to get the feelers out!
Ugh that's not good news I hope mines there... Haven't got a number though only a bar I go to....Who knows if will be open

Back