Drugs Live

This might be a silly statement in many ways:

...but I feel safer taking illegal highs.

These legal m-cat/benzo concoctions scare me - and are always really dirty.

I think (rose coloured specs removed) that the bad days are due to the MDMA.

Your neurostransmitters aren't supposed to spew out at that rate - it makes sense that there will be a couple of days of depletion afterwards.

Whilst all those other elements play a role, the side effects do have to be managed.

This might be a silly statement in many ways:

...but I feel safer taking illegal highs.

These legal m-cat/benzo concoctions scare me - and are always really dirty.

MDMA has been around longer, but mephedrone and benzo fury (6-apb) are closely related to it in terms of chemical structure.

I don't think it's so much the substance as knowing you have a pure product that is what it's sold as.

That said, mephedrone comedowns are horrid, probably because it's so addictive and easy to get through large amounts. Plus when you're on it, the mindset is, er, a bit more grotty (;)), far less social and can become quite paranoid. Mephedrone should be considered a far more dangerous drug than MDMA imo (mainly because of the addiction potential), but yet it was banned as a class B. The drug classification system needs a major overhaul, as Nutt campaigns for.

I think (rose coloured specs removed) that the bad days are due to the MDMA.

Your neurostransmitters aren't supposed to spew out at that rate - it makes sense that there will be a couple of days of depletion afterwards.

Depends how far you push it. The reason given for MDMA comedowns is that all your seratonin has been used up and it takes a while to manufacture more. However, if I do a small amount of MDMA and my brain has seratonin yet to give, why would I get a comedown purely because of the MDMA? Tragic comedowns are really for people who pop pills until they actually stop working (and, yes, I've seen people do that) and compound that with staying up all night and probably well into the next day.

That said, I take 5-htp, eat healthily and will try and get back to my exercise routine ASAP. Only major sting in the tail for me is guaranteed sleep paralysis two nights later...

It's both very, very good and very, very bad. :D

This is very true. Know exactly what you mean.

As a pleasure experience I think it's great. It's just a pleasure experience that is noticeably different to MDMA which is why you can't regard it as an MDMA substitute as such. It's not the same at all.

That said, when I was experimenting with m-cat I could sense the added toxicity. And compared to MDMA it's exceptionally addictive. When it comes to most things, I have a pretty good level of self-control and ability to get myself (chemically) back on the straight and narrow afterwards. But having not taken it for well over a year (maybe 2 years), I do occasionally still crave it. Which in itself is scary.

A very close friend of mine has recently become seriously addicted to m-cat - to the point at which (unbeknowns to us) it broke him financially and started taking over him. Now, in fairness, my mate has one of those addictive, high-dependency make ups/personalities. He's the kind of guy that shouldn't even be drinking. (I recently watched that amazing programme Russell Brand did on drug addiction and was shocked at how relevant it was to my mate.) But, just goes to show, if you haven't got a really good level of self-control that stuff can really ruin you in a way that MDMA wouldn't.

These things are always a trade off between the pleasure and pain, the pros and cons. MDMA wins over M-cat on almost all fronts, so why switch brand?:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
These things are always a trade off between the pleasure and pain, the pros and cons. MDMA wins over M-cat on almost all fronts, so why switch brand?:lol:

MDMA is good for (non-sexual) social interaction, music, dancing, but everyone must admit the magic really fades over time.

Meph is more a sudden hit of energy/dirty sex drug, although the first few times I had it was about the closest I've got to my first few pills. I think the seratonin component disappears with time, though, and you're left with the dopamine buzz.

Meph tested a lot of people, though. I did a lot of daft, risky stuff on it. I craved it practically every weekend for two years, but thankfully had the good sense to rarely order more than 1g at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
MDMA is good for (non-sexual) social interaction, music, dancing, but everyone must admit the magic really fades over time.

Meph is more a sudden hit of energy/dirty sex drug, although the first few times I had it was about the closest I've got to my first few pills. I think the seratonin component disappears with time, though, and you're left with the dopamine buzz.

Meph tested a lot of people, though. I did a lot of daft, risky stuff on it. I craved it practically every weekend for two years, but thankfully had the good sense to rarely order more than 1g at a time.

I think you've summed up the difference between the two almost perfectly there, mate. MDMA is long, drawn-out waves of energy and euphoria. M-Cat is a very very potent pleasure rush - the fact that that rush can be very sexual in itself makes it non-social and inherently addictive. It speaks to animal impulses as it were. But as you say, that pleasure fades very quickly and you're just left with a gentle buzz that keeps you awake for what seems like an eternity.

The problem for my mate was that he lived on his own. When you understand M-cat, you understand what a problem that is.

Someone commented above they didn't learn anything from this programme. They obviously didn't watch it properly. Lots of things were official revealed for this first time as will be the case tonight.

One thing I learnt, but led to another unsolved question, was that serotonin levels are replenished very quickly. I always thought serotonin levels were reduced over a period of time taking pills and hence why you no longer feel the original rush. It's a different kind of wastedness. Not sure whether it's down to the amount of MDMA in a pill and them getting weaker?

I think you've summed up the difference between the two almost perfectly there, mate. MDMA is long, drawn-out waves of energy and euphoria. M-Cat is a very very potent pleasure rush - the fact that that rush can be very sexual in itself makes it non-social and inherently addictive. It speaks to animal impulses as it were. But as you say, that pleasure fades very quickly and you're just left with a gentle buzz that keeps you awake for what seems like an eternity

See, I find MDMA quite mongy, not a lot of energy. I certainly don't get the rushes I got from it when I started 10 years ago. I guess there's a reason why people used to mix E's and whizz. M-cat I don't have a lot of trouble getting to sleep after. The buzz is short-lived, which is why people get through so much of it.

The problem for my mate was that he lived on his own. When you understand M-cat, you understand what a problem that is.

Quite!

clarky cats?

(c) Brasseye

One thing I learnt, but led to another unsolved question, was that serotonin levels are replenished very quickly. I always thought serotonin levels were reduced over a period of time taking pills and hence why you no longer feel the original rush. It's a different kind of wastedness. Not sure whether it's down to the amount of MDMA in a pill and them getting weaker?

I've read that tolerance builds quickly to drugs that release seratonin and that's why the magic disappears and most sensible ravers keep MDMA for occasional use. On the plus side, it makes them non-addictive.

shiz so i actually did miss that part . i saw no explanations of comedowns. must have been out the room doing E

See, I find MDMA quite mongy, not a lot of energy. I certainly don't get the rushes I got from it when I started 10 years ago. I guess there's a reason why people used to mix E's and whizz. M-cat I don't have a lot of trouble getting to sleep after. The buzz is short-lived, which is why people get through so much of it.

Quite!

(c) Brasseye

I've read that tolerance builds quickly to drugs that release seratonin and that's why the magic disappears and most sensible ravers keep MDMA for occasional use. On the plus side, it makes them non-addictive.
ahh brasseye....strangely enough a mate text me during the programme comparing it to Brasseye also:lol:

CAKE.

Back